Add links to www.crafting-guide.com?

• Would you like to see links to Crafting Guide in the IC wiki? 14

1. Yes, and I'd help add them (3) 21%
    2. Yes, but you can do it yourself (4) 29%
    3. No, but I don't care if someone adds them (4) 29%
    4. No, I don't want to see these links at all (3) 21%

You may have seen my announcement for www.crafting-guide.com a little while ago over in the general discussion forum:

Have you ever wanted to figure out how much of what materials you need to craft something? Ever notice that certain recipes are pretty easy... until you account for all the machines you need? Ever wonder how much stuff you'll need to make a Quarry or a whole stack of Quantum Bodyarmor ?

I've just started a project which will help. Pick from a list of recipes (or add your own), select how many to make, and it will automatically figure out:

• How many of what resources do you need?
    • What tools / machines do you need?
    • How many of what resource do you need for the tools?
    • What items do you need to craft in what order?
    • What will be left over after you've finished crafting?

I've just launched the bare-bones version with support for many vanilla, Buildcraft, and IndustrialCraft recipes. It's all open-source, so anyone can help expand it to cover missing recipes, other mods, or add new features. Check out the GitHub project if you'd like to get involved!

Well, I've gotten a lot of great feedback, and I've also just finished adding all the recipes for Industrial Craft 2. So... I was wondering what people think about systematically adding links from this wiki to Crafting Guide? There are a few pages which include this sort of information already, but none which allow you to dynamically play with quantity or include the costs for making the required tools. There are also many, many pages which don't have this information at all. These links have already been added to the BuildCraft Wiki , and have been well received over there.

What do you guys think?

• Official Post

In my opinion, as long it is helpful (which is the case for new players), it is fine.

I would add your link to gregtech wiki, if you had a section dedicated to it.
    If you are willing to make one, don't forget that GT changes Forestry Bronze (to keep IC² ratio) , BC quarry, UE plates (uses GT one instead, its cheaper, material-wise) and several IC² stuff.

• I would add your link to gregtech wiki, if you had a section dedicated to it.

Definitely on my list, but I'd need to add a feature which allows the GregTech recipes to override the others in a clear and consistent way. I'll post again when I've got it straightened out.

• Seems the general consensus is to add the links, so I've updated the entries for the Bronze Armor (Helmet, Chestplate , Leggings , Boots) to include the links. I also noticed that the general format of the "Recipe" section varies quite a bit from page to page, so I homogenized these four to a style similar to what is used in the BuildCraft wiki.

I'll stop with that for now, and let folks here chime in with any feedback or objections. As I'm adding links, I'm happy to homogenize each entry, so I'd like to make sure everyone is happy with the format before I get any further.

• At long last, I've finished updating Crafting Guide to support the latest version of IC2-Exp. I'm going to dive back in to adding links for the new items now that I've got everything up to date.