Alright, so: MOX reactor designs.

• Ooops! Welp.

In that case, here's a MOX ready 120 EU/t single chamber design: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…wpfjvebeyskgfbzirw8j4glc0

Here's a variant with quad cells that costs a bit of gold extra but 2 diamonds less: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…u91egnjaxt0sdcijzfldrncw0

Up to 600 EU/t depending on heat. Can be doubled up in a 5-chamber reactor for up to 1200 EU/t. As with all high output non-CRCS reactors, though, efficientcy is mediocre.

• Here's a 7 chamber reactor with 3 quad cells, it shouldn't cool down on its own. It uses mostly OC vents but not enough to pull more than it will produce with 2 Advanced Exchangers and 1 Heat Exchanger.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…eqw5co57odxmxb1zg7ireo40k

It looks like Advanced Exchangers pull 16 core heat and regulars pull 8 now, not sure if it's intended or a bug.

This design is working so far In-game.

I'll think of one later.

One of these days I will remember to edit everything I want to BEFORE I click submit.

Edited 5 times, last by Zombie ().

• Here's a 7 chamber reactor with 3 quad cells, it shouldn't cool down on its own.

*6 chambers, and yes, it will cool down on its own... namely when the fuel cells run out. Even with the fastest possible auto-switching methods, you cannot guarantee that you're not missing a reactor tick.

However, it's still a good design - up to 1300 EU/t with efficiency 21.65 is unparalleled for an internal vent reactor. Fully automated, it can probably run unattended for a day or two before output drops noticably and you need to manually add in some heat again.

And, interesting discovery on the exchangers. Might help slim down some uranium designs too...

• Yeah forgot to add that I hadn't noticed that heating cells were gone after I changed the design lol.

Edit: Tested on a new world with only IC2 and Nuclear Control, Heat Exchangers still doing 16 and 8.

I'll think of one later.

One of these days I will remember to edit everything I want to BEFORE I click submit.

Edited 7 times, last by Zombie ().

• Well, I suppose if you have the resources for the reflectors on hand...

On the other hand, running more cells instead could give you a faster turnaround on plutonium for more MOX reactors or radioisotope generators.

• Official Post

Well, I suppose if you have the resources for the reflectors on hand...

On the other hand, running more cells instead could give you a faster turnaround on plutonium for more MOX reactors or radioisotope generators.

Those reactors may be expensive, but they are definetely worth.
    Meanwhile...

• Hello there, I am currently using http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…uxt3gniv6kd8xfon7zg879uyo by turkeygiblets and after a while I came up with my own design http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…62n8mg2f58ap90tgy3raz1m17 makes 800 eu/t sorry 600 eu/t at near max heat and has an efficency of 3, it is my first design so please don't get mad if it doesn't work (Although tested it does work) or it somehow fails you.

• It's not a bad design at all, but I doubt it makes 800 EU/t. The maximum multiplier is x5, and it's pulling a base 120 EU/t, so peak output should be 600 EU/t. Unless Thunderdark broke something again, that is :P

It's also a little more expensive than it needs to be. An improvement might be replacing the heat plating with component vents. This allows you to drop down 4 advanced vents to normal ones, saving 4 diamonds plus whatever 8 heat plating costs nowadays against an extra cost of 4 additional basic vents plus 8 tin and 6 iron. 12 diamonds instead of 16 is much more reasonable, especially since you could have a base output of 135 EU/t (peak 675 EU/t) by spending 14 diamonds on this design.

• Yes sorry it was 600 eu/t not 800, my bad. Thanks for the suggestion and I also made mine thinking about having to auto swap the cells simply with the ME system and not needing to use OpenPeripherals or such for the other checks to use different sized fuel rods where needed.

• hello
    just giving some info about the lzh reactors
    or atleast my setup

-mods used-
    industrialcraft 2 (duh!)
    2.0.316-experimental
    nuclear control (temperature automation)
    1.6.2c
    buildcraft (gate conditions ie temperature and crafting automation)
    applied energistics (crafting automation)
    rv14.final2
    rv14.dev2

-first observations
    i had noticed that wrong power tiers doesnt cause explosions. im just going to put that in the e-net wip folder. component heat vents "heal" lzh-condensators.

so my reactor was running at 8,498 "degrees" with no eu output, as i was just trying to see how useful a condensator reactor would be for mox and at the very bottom i wanted to know how many lapis a full run would use out of 2k. during the first few cycles i had to work out the automation of the crafting with the fuzzy import and export bus. im not sure how many is actually needed but i ended up with 8 crafting recipes for the different damage values i encountered. the crafting recipes ended up with needing 2 lapis in each craft to make the refilling process as painless as possible. there is a bit of loss during the craft as the fuzzy import pulled with 25% durability so about 7500 damage and two lapis does 8000 so "oh well!" started with 2k lapis as i had mentioned before and ended a clean run with all recharged condensators starting with 0% damage and ending with 860 lapis at the end. so i used 1040 lapis in a 4927eu/t @ 8498˚.

if anyone has any suggestions on how to make this more efficient please let me know!

• First off, you can't get that much EU out of a reactor anymore, almost half of your EU output is completely wasted. The highest output is 2048, anything more than that and it won't work. Make it a 1 chamber reactor (chop it in half) and you are going to have a much better time with it.

Second off, Condensators suck and are made of fail. They require tons of lapis, you're going to be consuming more than one lapis per second. You'll quickly find that you simply can't keep up with that, not unless you've got an entire Mystcraft dimension full of 128 Alveries all of whom have Lapis Bees with the highest production output trait. Trying to make Lapis with UUM will make you end up spending more EU/t on the lapis than you are producing, making it a net negative energy value.

Yes, you'd figure that Condensators would work well with MOX, but once you run the numbers, you'll find it's not actually a good deal after all.

• Hello, this is my first post (registered couple seconds ago :D) and I would like to know if this reactor setup is good:

EDIT:
    I'm also wondering why LZH condensators suck? :/

• They use up tons of lapis/redstone. Even if you were to use UUM to recreate them, it would still be energy-negative