Advanced Stirling Generator

• I have come up with an idea for a new generator, that works off of the concept of a heat-to-energy generator like the tier-1 one. But the significant difference is that the Advanced Stirling Generator works much like the induction furnace, or the advanced machines addon's machines.

The generator would be created by combining a standard Generator with advanced parts, like Coils (Stator), magnets (rotor), platings, a heavy material for a heavy flywheel (lead, maybe?), and of course an advanced machine block.

The generator would work by heating and cooling the opposite ends of "Stirling pistons", which rotate a shaft and a flywheel much like a combustion engine does - the flywheel is connected to a rotor/stator generator, and as it gains speed, it generates energy faster. (for documentation only, the engine actually works differently).

Variables that affect power generation:
    1. Hot-ends temperature, which is the temperature of the "heated ends" of the Stirling pistons. It is raised by adding Fuel, and the lowest possible value is the temperature of the current biome. Capped at 10000.

2. Cool-ends temperature, which is the temperature of the "cold ends" of the Stirling pistons. It is always the temperature of the lowest temperature in the current biome, and thus is static once the generator is placed and activated.

3. Temperature difference, which is the difference between variables 1 and 2. Higher difference makes the pistons faster, which spins the flywheel faster.

4. Flywheel speed, which is the speed of the flywheel. Generally, higher temperature difference = higher flywheel speed = more energy. Thus, it is better to put the generator in cold biomes, so that the temperature difference can be greater when the maximum heat has been reached. It takes time for the flywheel to speed up, and likewise, takes time for the flywheel to reduce speed or stop.

The generator only stops generating energy when the flywheel speed is 0, because if the flywheel is spinning, the shaft is spinning, and if the shaft is spinning, the rotor is too and thus energy is being generated.

Magnets could either be added as an ore, Magnetite, (which can be smelted/macerated into Iron), or they could be made by putting Iron ingots into an Electrolyzer. Either way, they would be required for the Rotor, which has to be made with permanent magnets, else it can not drag electrons through the stator coils and energy is not generated. Magnets could also be used to make cheaper motors, which would require half as many copper coils.

Acceptable fuels would be anything burnable as fuel in a furnace, with hot stuff like Lava getting a significant boost. Ice could probably also be used to cool the cylinder's cool-ends, but would only be temporary, and the water would not be returned.

I thought this would be a nice, useful addition for advanced-tier energy generation, and a unique idea that no other modders have considered. I would like the people's ideas and thoughts on this idea, so that it may be improved where improvement is needed. Thank you.

• I like the idea of a generator that heats up and becomes more efficient, very similar to the way BuildCraft and Railcraft have brought in steam engines. I think the idea of the cold-end temp is a bit of a waste, since the -30 to +30 Celsius that you might encounter in the environment isn't really significant when compared to the ~500 Celsius temperature of the engine when it is heated by flames, so that point might be scrapped for code efficiency. For another point in efficiency we might assume that the flywheel speed and the temperature are directly related, so only one needs to be maintained and updated for calculating power output.
    Is there another style of engine that could have a similar function but not be called a steam/stirling engine? Since a lot of players use Buildcraft/Railcraft the idea of another steam/stirling engine is probably a bit unattractive.
    Thoughts?

• I like the idea of a generator that heats up and becomes more efficient, very similar to the way BuildCraft and Railcraft have brought in steam engines. I think the idea of the cold-end temp is a bit of a waste, since the -30 to +30 Celsius that you might encounter in the environment isn't really significant when compared to the ~500 Celsius temperature of the engine when it is heated by flames, so that point might be scrapped for code efficiency. For another point in efficiency we might assume that the flywheel speed and the temperature are directly related, so only one needs to be maintained and updated for calculating power output.
    Is there another style of engine that could have a similar function but not be called a steam/stirling engine? Since a lot of players use Buildcraft/Railcraft the idea of another steam/stirling engine is probably a bit unattractive.
    Thoughts?

Could be a thermoelectric generator, using copper/iron wires and a source of heat/cold to generate electricity, but that would be inefficient.