Posts by noskk

I play FTB and i am wandering: why does the basic drill require steel? Steel is a higher tier item of a very different mod, which requires all sorts of nether material to make the furnace, while the basic drill is just a rechargeable pick axe. I'd understand if steel was required for the advance version, but right now it's easier to craft a laser than a drill! Can you please explain the logic of this?

Because basic drill is not "basic", it's pretty much rechargable diamond pickaxe+iron shovel?, except it can't havest obsidian. No worries, the laser was nerfed at later version (FTB use 2.03b, the latest version is 2.60c), you will need titanium (that's after steel) for the mining laser..

Error to report. The industrial electrolyzer WILL eat all stored energy in an energy storage unit (in my case MFE) if it doesn't explicitly receive the input voltage it's requesting. In my case I was attempting to electrolyze some bauxite dust with 3 other machines in-line before the electrolyzer running. I had over 400k EU stored in the MFE. The electrolyzer sucked the MFE dry and did not complete its recipe. (Long time lurker finally decided to register).

Better put a MFE right next to your electrolyzer so you always have 128 eu/t entering the machine..

i just installed forestry i got a message on my world. what does it mean by forestry may have been modified by gregtech? what could it have changed? and ideas i dont know yet

Bronze from forestry is nerfed from 4 to 2 (to match IC2 recipe), changing it to false (@ config) will return it to the state before the nerf+ change of bronze process in centrifuge..

Got an idea for the aluminium machine block. Make another machine block which is from aluminium and make it usable in all IC2 recipes with a machine block (I know it will be hard). BTW remove the vanilla IC2 advanced circuit recipes, I got 4 recipes for the adv. circuit, 2 from vanilla IC2 and 2 that support the ore dictionary for lapis and lazurite (or sodalite, I don't know).

@above post: Totally agree :thumbup:

I'm thinking of maybe he can implement some sort of aluminium alloy (along with other metals such as Cu, Zn, Si, Mn, Mg) made to be used in various machinery, aluminium boat, a better jetpack with less eu consumption(Al is lighter), and spaceship..

When I first started the game, a message was genersted for the GregTech mod saying:

"Forestry may have been modified by GregTech. It may behave unexpectedly and some config options may not work. Do not report issues with this install".

So, ya...I blame GregTech. For some strange reason, all of the machine I put down are blowing up. I can't even place a Batbox down without it exploding.

I feel bad for you, hopefully you can fix it soon..and btw, you can turn that message off at Forestry config..

That's besides the point. Dedicating yourself to a single item like that isn't fun. Or rewarding. Starting out in Industrialcraft was fun. Copper, tin, and iron, were all necessary starting ingredients, but you would find them all while exploring the same caves. Even once you went to go look for uranium, you could still use those metals. Not to mention redstone, gold, and lapis. Industrialcraft is built intelligently, in that acquisition of new materials usually resulted in opportunities to gather more lower-tiered materials along the way. When you grew out of using coal as a fuel, you started using it as either solar panel material, or to make carbon fiber plates.

GregTech is not built nearly as intelligently. Aluminum dust is an extremely common byproduct, but aluminum ingots have very few uses except to replace refined iron- but when I first got the ability to make those ingots, it was difficult enough to make them that I didn't want to use it for anything other than the things only it can do, which is, basically, batteries. And once it becomes trivial to make aluminum ingots, I'll have more than enough iron, so what's the point? Chrome and titanium are even worse. They're essential for a bunch of machines, but only ruby dust and bauxite produce them, respectively. It was time-consuming and laborious to produce my first matter fabricator, but Greg got rid of the only thing that made the mass fabricator special (iridium) and replaced it with expensive ways to get things I could get by exploring. And the technological leap to the next useful machine is so great that I might as well not bother.

2 weeks ago I restarted my world in 1.4.5, I have to say it's pretty similar to IC2, you would need to make low tier things first from the lowest one which is ind. centrifuge to ind. blast furnace tier 1, tier 2(to make the diamond drill that requires titanium).. and finally to the matter fabricator..and now I'm a bit bored because I am only afk-ing in the game waiting for the UUM for Iridium (and you also need gun powders for the Iridium plates, either from vanilla creeper farm or quarrying for saltpeter), but hey at least there's something to reach afterwards(Fus. Reactor)..

It's all the same with vanilla IC2 you have fun until you stuck with AFK-ing waiting for your UUM to produce something (takes around 2-3 days to reach this point) and probably the only thing you can do after you reach that point is making more solar panels..the main difference is that in GregTech you need longer time to reach the boringness of it.... it's like an extension of vanilla IC2, but at least in GregTech I have something to do after the matterfabricator part..

Regarding to aluminium, I always use it for any possible kind of refined iron substitutes, i.e the mixed metal ingot and the circuits.. and probably will use it for other stuff like making the endermen farming using non-solar free energy in the end..and no you don't have enough irons if you haven't reached the end game, multiple full railcraft tanks (9 x 9 x 8 ) and solar panels will still blow your iron resources..I always run out of irons and circuits..maybe because of the enormous amount of solar panels and other stuff :(..

Chrome is fine, you won't need much of it (stacks) to reach the matterfabricator part.. you probably only need a lot of it to make the fusion reactor set up.. and no it's not the end.. there's more to come in the future (Greg's own dimension)..

Well, at least the link to the download file is death now..

@Be cell, hmm endermen farming in the end.. interesting....or you can just use the ender bees..or use soulshard mod+kills 1000 endermen..or if it's that hard you can always use EE3, 1 ender pearl per 4 irons..

Its still lava, there were no cells in the input, so in a way, the centrifuge was making a cell from nothing(or much less actually crafting something instead of throwing out the contents)

Edit: i looked at the recipe recently and saw it was fixed, also saw there is a new slot for lava (Hmmm ?( )

yeah, the sole reason of that slot is so that you can pump lava via bc pipes/TE conduits to it, and process 64 lava stills for tins and coppers.. same for the H2O slot in the Industrial Electrolyzer..

Also I noticed the fusion reactor outputs 32768 EU/t. How to process such huge amounts properly? Would a hv-transformer just send many many 2048EU packets at the same time? I assume an A.E.S.U (which I have) or better is needed to store that energy?

Superconductor wires->16 HV Transformers->Glass Fibres->IDSU/Matter Fabricator/anything..

In other words, you guys don't know how the mod is actually supposed to work, you're just guessing right? Even if the recipe's all require different inputs those values should be known, and able to be verified.

Well, or in other words, just put 128 eu/t (mfe) next to it, and you won't get any problem regardless of what you process in the electrolyzer..

EDIT: btw, if you see the recipe of things you can process in electrolyer it shows that MaxEnergy for bauxite is 128 eu/t..

How does Electrolyzed water cell put into the electrolyzer give HCells? That doesn't make sense. Electrolyzing water will IRL give hidrogen and oxygen, not electrolyzing already electrolyzed cells.
    The recipe should be like this: 6 water cells --Electrolyzer--> 4x H-Cell + O2 Cell + Electrolyzed Water Cell

Maybe the idea is something like this:

Water cell(with bacteria and other impurity) --(electrolyze)--> Pure Oxygenated Water (Electrolyzed water cell) --(further process)--> Hydrogen+Oxygen..

Keep crashing when trying to view recipes with nei , dusts. example
    go search for sapphire uses then sapphire dust and boom "shutting down internal server " then a java nullpointer.
    how can i fix this?
    i have the latest NEI and CCC
    and i saw a comment from other pages saying that using CCC .11 will fix it but .11 is for 1.4.2

I'm using CCC 0.6.11 and NEI 1.4.2.10 without any problem, and it's for mc 1.4.5

Make The End and the Nether require scuba helmet + compressed air cells to breathe normally and you'll be loving those cells. :D

In the Nether, take constant low level damage from the heat and fumes unless in full hazmat with compressed air cells, or in quantum armor. In The End, start drowning as if under water.

Fun!

That's not fun.. it's a pain MinecraftGhast ; and most likely will let more people complain about the unnecessary addition of the add-on to the game..

Eh, I use the compressed air cells to get the Na2S208.. If people are complaining about having too many compressed air cells in their chest, maybe you want to change the recipe to include one/two more compressed air cells instead of empty cell?

One obvious alternative: Halve the centrifuge outputs when Forestry is installed.

Btw, why are you guys still discussing about the bronze, I thought it'd been resolved,

There are 2 standards after GregTech 2.55a
    1. if the nerf is on, the centrifuge recipe is 1 bronze dust -> 6 tp copper + 2 tp tin, forestry only gives 2 bronze ingots
    2. if the nerf is off, the centrifuge recipe is 2 bronze dusts -> 6 tp copper + 2 tp tin, forestry gives the usual 4 bronze ingots, but IC2 remains untouched
    the default is B:ForestryBronzeNerf=true..

I just started playing with the last version what do you mine infinite bronze??? i know you can centrifuge lava to get 8 tin or something but not bronze???
    And tnx noskk

GregTech bronze centrifuge recipe is just the reverse of IC2 bronze making recipe.. 1 bronze to 6 tp copper (1.5 copper) , 2 tp tin (0.5 tin)

You used to be able to do this:

It's either forestry takes a hit on bronze, or an exploit is left in that allows people to create infinte bronze and tin using a centrifuge, your choice.

Blame the difference between bronzes you get from IC2 dusts (original recipe of vanilla IC2) and forestry.. Idk which one added bronze first.. I think we should follow the first mod that add bronze..

btw, to disable search this config at feature
    B:ForestryBronzeNerf=true

change it to false
    regenerate config if it's not there..