Posts by noskk

Minecraft has crashed!
    Everything was working completely fine, and everything was perfect, updated to 1.4.5 (as recommenced), so I wanted to try GregTech, and it crashes.
    Crash log has been attached.
    EDIT: seems that a block ID was taken up by Forestry (the one for stained glass). You may want to fix that later...
    P.S. it was
    block ID #4095
    EDIT2: changed forestry stained glass ID to 1337. Works fine now. Great mod, it adds a whole new meaning to ''Industrialization''!

Ok, I also got these random ID-crashes until I did this:
    Use the latest version of all the mods, do a clean install with forge 408 (which is suitable for most forge mods/add-on), delete all configs

I believe there won't be ID crashes any more for the forge mods..

EDIT: might screw your save game..

I've thrown a few eyeballs every now and then on this mod and it looks pretty interesting. However I'm concerned about "how" to play the mod. It obviously changes IC2 from a "low/med" mod to a "high" end mod. So how do you gather resources to even create some of the things from the mod? Gathering supplies without some mods can be quite challenging. For example, you could dig a hole and hit a diamonds after a few minutes... or you could dig for 3+ hours without even seeing one!(happens every now and then).

I just have a hard time visualizing how to play it properly, without turning the game into a a chore of randomness. I really like some of the recipes because they add complexity. Would be nice if someone shared some of their experience with the mod and how they play it. Thanks! (note: without editing the configs, using the mod as intended of course)

PS: I used the advanced solar panel with expensive mode turned on (well... in fact it's NOT expensive at all..)

This is what I went through after I re-started my 1.4.5 world with GregTech default mode..

considering Greg also has the infinite-water fix together with the main mod in this thread I would assume he isn't really interested in such a function that relies on having infinite water active.

I think that infinite water fix is for those who want it because it's @ separate download, he even encouraged using aqueous accumulator(to the grinder), which equivalent to near-infinite water..

i was using the industrial grinder to grind something and i had sufficient power and the right machine casing but it only grinded one item and the stopped and the gui appeared to be stuttering

anyone know what i did wrong?

Sufficient power is not enough, you need constant 128 eu/t, I recommend you to put mfe next to it or single 128 eu/t line for each grinder..

hmm, weird though, after I reverted my mod back to GregTech 2.53e I didn't have this problem anymore, all the recipes had returned back to normal, macerator and pulverizer gave 1 tin dust per 1 tin ingot while thaumcraft 3 gave 1 tin ingot per 9 tin nuggets...

Ok, it seems to be fixed after I updated to most recent version of thaumcraft..thanks... :D ..

I looked into it. Its IMPOSSIBLE that its my fault (3 locations where it wouldve been set back to 1, and the Stack gets copied multiple times). Also its the first registered Recipe, which is faulty (the IC²-one), what means that IC² doesnt implement the Oredict properly AGAIN. If it would be coded properly then other Mods, could not make Problems by changing stacksizes of OreDict-Stacks. Maybe Thaumcraft is causing the Problem with its Recipes.

hmm, weird though, after I reverted my mod back to GregTech 2.53e I didn't have this problem anymore, all the recipes had returned back to normal, macerator and pulverizer gave 1 tin dust per 1 tin ingot while thaumcraft 3 gave 1 tin ingot per 9 tin nuggets...

The forestry one, not because of cheapness, but because of the whole never running out of copper or tin thing resulting from it.

I think there are 2 ways to solve this.. you can either disable the reverse bronze dust to copper tin dust from the centrifuge OR disable the forestry one..both will fix the never ending copper/tin.. doing the first option would let you back to the time where there's no GregTech and everyone was using forestry recipe to make bronze.. doing the second option would let some more guys complain about why there's no config to revert it back to the original.. I don't really care.. have too many brass for the metal mixed ingot, and barely touch forestry atm, and already have an enormous amount of tin/copper ores waiting to be grinded..

Actually that's an issue related to different amount of bronze you can get from IC2 recipe and Forestry recipe..and GregTech is only adapting by using reverse IC2 recipe... If you see the wiki, IC2 also have recipes of bronze which is used for things like the wrench and mixed metal ingots.

The original recipe of IC2 only give 2 bronzes instead of 4 (from forestry recipe).. now the problem comes... which one should we disable.. Because if you enable both no one in their correct mind will use the IC2 one..Is there any better solution for this? Forestry is pretty balance with the 4 Bronzes per 3 Coppers+1 Tin.. and I honestly never use IC2 recipe for bronze, since I have to save the copper/tin dust to make bronze dust and then smelt it again which is pretty annoying..but I still have to say that disabling the forestry bronze won't change much of gameplay, since I turned on world gen of copper and tin for both Forestry and IC2....