Posts by TonyMoney

Thanks for the clarification

I have installed the newest update, and I am shocked and outraged with the new recipe changes. This arguably makes the Advanced Solar Panel, a item made usually in small amounts in the early game, into a ridiculously expensive item requiring UU-Matter and Iridium! I can see it being more balanced on multi-player maps, but it makes just about any other method of power generation more cost-effective. I can see this change being placed into the hard-mode recipe list, but in the default mode, I do not see it as fair. I beg of you, please, if nothing else, allow us to reassign the old recipe in the configuration, because as-is, I'll be finding other ways to make power on my server.

+1, just about sums up my opinion of the new change

For normal work you are need install it both in client and server sides.

Quoted from "TonyMoney"

Huge update, still no silktouch tool ....

Sorry, no silk touch, because silk touch is in GregTech adddon.

I believe the point of asking for silktouch vajra is that the options provided by gregtech (rock cutter) are extreamly slow and annoying. Since Greg has repeatedly denied adding someway to make it faster, people asked for the vajra addition of silktouch.

Spent some time reverse engineering addon's code. I've been working on modes for this Addon for some time and sent code to Sentimel, but he didn't answer.

Just created an nbt int "mode" which equals zero by default (in createNbt method in his addon)
    When onItemUse() method is called, the Mode +1 (it better should be done via enum, hope Sentimel will correct this) and has some changes in speed (and mineable blocks), enchants (that was Problem, to remove enchantment when mode is changed, nbt is to be removed and restored without enchanting data), and other cool stuff. It's pretty stable mode changing algorithm, hope it will be applied (a few helper classes is needed for nbt especially).
    Three items implemented: Slow mode, Silk touch mode, Normal mode.
    Hope he will answer.

you are amazing and a god. PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS SeNtiMeL!!!

I know this has been suggested many times before, but please add modes to the vajra. Some of my suggestions:
    Passive/always active wrench mode
    Passive/always active hoe mode
    Silk touch mode
    selective mining (will only mine certain materials or not others, can be specified in a gui)
    slower mining mode ( you can decide how fast it mines blocks, so that in certain modes, it mines as fast as a wooden pick, stone, iron, ect so that you can use it for house decor without destroying the entire house)

I am having a previous error. The Mffs tool works fine until it change it to the id coder. It refuses to code a card and won't switch to another tool using shift click. I think it may be a mod conflict. Please help, because this entirely breaks the security part of the force fields for me

Mods I have:
    Durability 101
    rei mini-map
    additional pipes
    advanced machines
    advanced power management
    buildcraft
    chicken chunks
    code chicken core
    computer craft
    deathchest
    ee3
    ender storage
    extra bees
    forestry
    gravity gun
    gregtech (with major config changes)
    ic2 nuke control
    immibis core
    ic2
    inventory tweaks
    ironchest
    logistic pipes
    forge
    advanced solar panels
    gravity suite
    mffs
    mystcraft
    nei
    omnitools
    optifine
    railcraft
    redpwoer
    soulshards
    thaumcraft
    thermal expansion
    transformers
    tubestuff
    wireless redstone (chicken boens addition)

For me, it is very situational. It mainly depends on the mods at my disposal. If I have thermal expansion, I completely skip building a generator (operating in the world) because a pulverizer can make coal dust. If I have compact solars or advanced solars, then I primarily focus on solar with geothermal backing up uu-matter production until I have sufficient solars. If additional buildcraft pipes are avilable or a combination of railcraft and mystcraft, I pump the neather dry until I have massive multi-chuk solar farms. I tend to avoid Nuclear options because they are extreamvly resource intensive early on

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but I don't seem to understand the advanced cube. I understand that it is essentially a cube where one can tweak the dimension of the cube, but no matter what, the projector is always touching a wall for me. Is there anyway to fix this? For the build I am doing, I would like to have the force field projector in the more or less center of the rectangle, but still have the custom lengths. Help please. Also, what is the purpose of strength modules in sphere, I see little difference.

Does the 1.7 version work with Minecraft 1.4.6? It is unclear in the op. I tries installing 1.7 into my client and I get and error starting with:

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: G
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:117)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:660)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/20121222105849.png/

go view the picture for my crippling bug. The rotary macerator is attached to nothing. I put a stack of cobble in it FIRST, and then a fully charged battery in the battery slot. It tries to process 1 cobble, but stops receiving power from the battery one the processing starts. Please help, this bug will completely kill my logistic factory :(

edit: a transformer upgrade fixes the problem.... but this is for a regular tier 1 battery...
    Edit 2: apparently, the transformer has some weird bug where you need +1 transformer upgrades for the machine to accept power from batteries (ie 2 for mv energy crystal instead of 1, 3 for a lapitron crystal or hv energy instead of 2)

Quoted from "TonyMoney"

Terra wart
    More like RedWheat/Ferrulea ... but it's meant not to be UUMable. Because it's supposed to be a fun endgame content.

At that point, I have uu matter coming out of .....
    yeah, and I would just pay someone on the server to give me some for an insane amount of uu.

I can see a gentleman's battle when I see one, but keep it civil.

yes, Greg can act a bit... immature at times... but you need to respect his knowledge of coding
    Greg, this form is for suggesting ideas to the original mod. You have little to no jurisdiction to core mod changes. Do whatever you want in your mod. Let the official developers decide on the value of the ideas. Besides, Feintheart has at lest done an amazing job to be flexible and detailed with his ideas

I personally have a strong dislike of Greg's mod and will avoid using it if possible. Stop saying you mod is the "perfect answer" and steers industrial craft toward a better future. Some of us don't want to use your mod and want to make changes everyone will appreciate to the core mod that everyone can enjoy