Posts by Requia

Either nobody cares, or nobody is actually reading the posts on the thread.

I've offered to take over (mostly because I'm apparently the only one offering) but don't believe its possible for me to do that without mod intervention.

flatificators also raise the ground level. You gotta either move away from the ocean or wait for it to get around to the mountain.

Might also be easier to nuke the mountain then flatificate.

I don't see anything wrong with making this tier 3 even as 'vanilla' IC2, but EE is a crappy reason to make *any* balance decision, the right decision is not installing EE in the first place.

I'd also suggest blacklisting lava and nether-rack so this doesn't introduce the nether-lava problems of other mods+geothermals.

all implemented research systems at this moment are korea style grinding time eaters.

there is no fun in repeating something 100 times just to get pink bricks or faster furnace, especially when game still force you to perform manual assembly of all components.

TC3 is great exsample of korean grinding and mod strongly against any means of automation.

Aside from lost knowledge stuff, it only took me a few hours to get the whole book filled (though, I had reserves of items sufficient to do it all in one go). What it really does is add in a different way of making things expensive. Instead of expensive recipes it makes unlocking the recipes in the first place expensive, but once you're done things are relatively cheap.

I've gotten some pretty extreme results from running a 120 EU/t single chamber reactor and 6 miners at once, definitely worth the effort to move it around.

In fact, the output is so extreme that I've shut it down until I make myself a full ore processing plant because it takes freaking forever to macerate/smelt it all, even with induction furnaces and heavily overclocked macerators.

Here Is the reactor I'm currently running, not quite as much power (230) but a bit higher efficiency (3.83), depends on what you're after.

Color me impressed at 270 out of single cells though, not seen better than 265 before.

How about crafting a cheaper miner version, together with a few pieces of ITNT and then place a miner which will perform it's full mining operation within a few seconds (maybe a minute), consuming itself in the process?

I like this idea, but think it would be even better if it made a big hole, same as if you used dynamite to go all the way down to bedrock.

Just ran some numbers. the energy cost of copper c=from a centrifuge is 16*30000 (potential energy generated) + 50000 (centrifuge energy consumption) /4 (the recipe produces 4) = 132500 eu per copper using lava. It also conveniently produces tin as well, in the proper ratio for producing neutron reflectors, so you can safely discount tin costs.

That's 5.3kk for a quad cell.

And that takes the above 4 quad mark I all the way down to 1.31 overall efficiency? I don't think that's a fair measurement, given that you can still get copper the old fashioned way.

But, a cool thing he said he would maybe implement is changing the
    algorythm for EU generation from Thermal Generator to make it
    Layer-related. (The lower the generator is, the higher the output is.

This would be kinda cool. Windmill style power without the unsightly need to see the tower (since its below you).

I can't make heads or tails of the cost to turn lava into reflectors and dense copper plates via gregtech, but the formula is:

o=f(t-c)/t

o is the overall efficiency
    f is the nominal efficiency
    t is the total EU output for a cycle
    c is the EU cost to get the materials to run a cycle.

Thought: Use the overall efficiency metric (can be found in resources needed in the planner) which takes into account the energy cost of using UUM (but not to create the scrap) to get uranium efficiency.

This creates a bit more balanced approach, The highest non maintenance cost Mark I I've found has a 3.87, the overall efficiency of a 4 quad mark I Comes to 3.46, a little less, but it gets 43% more power, so there's reason with this metric to consider it.

It makes string too actually. it makes wool, and Undyed Wool + Macerator = String.

I support this. Leather is annoying, renewable and farmable, but one of the most pain in the ass farms.

I wouldn't really call it cheap given the running cost.

On the other hand it looks like an *excellent* portable reactor for running a whole mess of autominers in the field. Moderate setup time, can handle 5 miners at once at full speed for sure, might get away with 6 easy enough due to pumping time. Been trying to figure that one out, thanks.

The Energy-O-Mat IS coming back one day.

I would point out that, combined with detector cable, this gives you your redstone-o-mat, just set up a watermill that you can buy energy from and then put a detector cable (or batbox set to emit/not emit if empty) on the other side, and then drain it into a luminator. Not exactly compact, but then (sans redpower) when is anything redstone compact?