Posts by Requia

Also, some Exchanger seems useless for now.

Which? I've seen all 4 used in designs, and have everything but advanced in most of mine.

50% boost wouldn't be enough either.

A 60k coolant cell has the same effect as an extra 6 heat vented per pulse (assuming that you don't have all kinds of additional mods to keep em swapping, which isn't easy anyway as the number of cooling towers needed is kindof obscene) on top of that the heat isn't distributed evenly with cooling cells, meaning your vents go from underworked to overworked when the cell dies. A 50% boost to 9 cooling per pulse is not a significant improvement, even pushing to 200k is marginal.

A better fix might be allowing them to draw in heat at around double the rate of exchangers (but no output, unlike exchangers) from the core/nearby components, this would allow for short bursts of intense cooling, then long cooldown times. Possibly also increasing capacity.so that mark II-Is work again.

I believe that small amounts of heat in the hull would be more dangerous than normal in that build, since the heat vents would absorb an extra 36/second on top of what the uranium feeds them, shortening the micro-cycle even farther and potentially resulting in the timing of adding vents back in being off.

That's an 84:1, you're showing higher because you have the
    starting heat set to 74k, but that reactor will never get above 64k
    heat, because it has 1 excess cooling when the heating cells turn off
    (above 64k). You need one excess heating instead. I have a design a page
    or two back that should do it (never actually ran it in the game
    though, I lack any mods that could automate it).

It's also not really a useful concept, 92:1 *sounds* like it produces 8
    more uranium, but in reality 92:1 produces 7.91 uranium cells per brick,
    84:1 produces 7.90 uranium per brick. As you move upwards the
    efficiency gains become more and more marginal. Now, if you have
    multiple reactors going the speed of production becomes important, but
    the necessary cooldown time of anything above the 84:1 class means that
    it loses any edge over 84:1.

The battery effect is extremely limited. It just drains the infused ore for a one time boost, and it gets re-infused after the aura fills up. Mining the shards and making crystal clusters is much more effective, since the refill is constant (and where you want it to be!) and the overcharge produces less flux than naturally recharging a node does, its also possible to create a vis sink if you have enough crystal clusters that the overcharge is a problem.

(you could also make the tier 2 wands, which are even better batteries, but thats getting to potentially dangerous flux levels if you drain too many wands),

I once started the gui because i forgot to add nogui to the startup command.

the GUI is probably good if you like GUIs, I'm used to text interfaces though, so it wouldn't really occur to me to use it.

Nevermind, this was specific to loading forge.jar instead of the merged version.
    How's your hard drive IO look?

Thaumcraft just uses one blockID for all 8 ores, makes it possible to do the switch from infused to dull shards and back again.

If you need the whole string (cause I'm not sure how to add it to the miner actually, need to get around to doing that), the full numbers are are 2402, 2402:1, 2402:2 ... 2402: 7 (if you have no use for amber and quicksilver, 2402:1 - 2402:6 are the shards).

A) I would recommend against putting more than one reactor in the same containment chamber, as I've seen an unexplainable meltdown before.

B) Reactor plating? This isn't a hot system, Though I admit I'm not sure how much is needed to eliminate the problems with A above (I can however tell you breeder, which is inherently loaded to the gills with plating, still managed to destroy a layer of stone brick on the weakly shielded floor on one of my chambers.

C) It seems expensive. Here's my take on that uranium config: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…09i4xh7mqe8zeyaoc3vgbk2dc
    Uses less of everything but copper, which it requires 13 more of.

If you do need the plating, there's room for 4 instead of three.

Edit:Ficed

Making the components more random would be a lot of fun.

Though, Thaumcraft3s research system also serves to make things more expensive. Building golems would have been trivial if I hadn't spent all my soul sand learning to make them in the first place (though early game goggles would be nice, I just found a 900+ aura node but the time to move there... I guess I could set the arcane bore up there).

Random generated, we have allocated 2GB up to 3GB RAM, somethimes i get
    the Message: Overloaded.... but the CPU Load is only 10% and RAM Usage
    is Ok. We using [MC 1.4.6] Open Beta v1.112

Can i see your start-up script? I was getting that error at one point and found the problem there.

Name *one* other automatic way without using additional mods that players may not have.

I suppose once 1.5 comes out eggcollecting can be made automatic.

I've run the diamond drill for days at a time, it never caught the ore, though, that could be a suitable compromise, diamond punches through, steel doesn't.

Why are you even hooking the miner up to workshop storage? Thermal gen and a batpack will run it fully upgraded all the way to bedrock, no need for long distance cabling solutions, and you won't lose anything you didn't dump into the thermal (which at best is only going to recharge the batpack anyway, given its instant consumption tenancies).

If all IC² stuff lost 1% of maximum energy every hour i wouldnt mind...

Also, same behavior of Rolling machine can be observed on Rock Crusher.

That's a touch low (1.4 EU/t for an MFSU), though it depends on what you want the size of your maintenance power to be.

I would also suggest it be based on current rather than max energy, otherwise it messes with parallel banks of storage (necessary to do things like run heavily overclocked macerators, rather than to store 40 million EU) more than series storage.

Quoted from "Requia"

The problem is there's not really a practical way to *not* use a storage system (maybe you could wire a specific machine right up to the power plant, such as the fabricator, but the whole workshop?)
    You want a way NOT TO use (for the grammar rule ^^) storage system ? Just consume every EU produced, which means in fact: produce what you need. --> Fuel based generators ^^

Fuel based generators are never going to cover the ~400 EU/t my macerator bank consumes when I load up all 4 of them.

Or the teleporter MFSUs, dear god the 1.4 million EU it takes to make a trip one way is bad enough already.

The answer to both of your questions is: For the lulz. TNT just amuses me, ITNT gives me a bigger pile to detonate at once (if about the same blast) so its even more amusing, I was just addressing the 'we need more gunpowder' thing.

And coal tends to pile up on me*. Mooostly it goes toward diamonds, but I'm actually running a surplus on those right now.

*though I'll be switching back to autominers due to copper shortage, and expect to run a coal shortage again cause of lack of fortune III, so my shenanigans may be limited.

Though tunnel bore? I know the wither can cobblegen, not heard of tunnel boring. Do you just dig a tunnel and use the wither to widen it for you as it chases?