Posts by invultri

Good find! If I understand this correctly the world gen is included in the mod ? If so we can tick that one of the list.

OH I know what it is. I don't have a null check when producing outputs for the first input slot, because that was mandatory to have filled. When introducing the permeability of crytsalliser recipes, that might have been changed. Whoops. Then it'd make sense.

Nah not that very issue, but it still was made possible due to the permutation changes. Fixed in my dev environment but unfortunately I cannot fix it on 1.6.4 anymore.
    As a temporary fix, either disable the Crystalliser or make sure you only use the recipe exactly in the order that NEI tells you.

I did disable it and the server survived the night. Thanks for the foresight and the config option ;)

Hello Linus,

Here is another stacktrace, looks like the crystalizer is throwing a nullpointer.

Are there any Problems with recording people? I wouldn't say something in the Chat, that I couldn't put on the Interwebs aswell. I'd use /tell in case something secret would be given away otherwise.

I would say no, but it is nice to tell people that you are recording them so they can adjust and even help the recorder.

One somewhat larger concern: I had understood that 1.6 -> 1.7 ported Gregtech wasn't going to be compatible with 1.7 native GT. True or false, or true but not in a progression-breaking way?

True, in a world reset kinda way. GT 1.7 will not be backwards compatible with 1.6.

on 1.7 mc on itself can record game play, its diferent from recording using fraps like i do. Why do i got the impression of people freaking out of bein recorded, i wont launch something very personal without any kind of license, i do want to record the people base at the server, to if alowed shown around , it can inspire outer people, or give ideias, on a personal side, is incredible to see what your place looked like before. But for now ,since i am new, and it seens i cant enjoy the full server, because my ping is huge (there is always a delay when i break a block, i will die alot to creepers) ,what i most want to do is ask question to people more experienced than me, but i dont feels to do so, prob i would only bein annoying to them.
    I did record something already, but did not edited yet, i learned the hard way to not bite more than you can chew, i have my LP to finish, a friend server to play, and kirara 1.0 also, but time got shorter.

That is very weird, I player a bit last weekend and with the no-zombie mod by me the blocklag should be fine.

Planning on joining the server (waiting to be pmed back). Anything I need to know before joining?

1.7 will mean a restart and this will be soon(tm) so I would wait with building the great pyramid until we have switched over.

just to know, is allowed to use any recording on the server? its is silly asking, but since you put something like that on version 2.0, and i am not seeing any more videos from mr10players, just to know, since i will definitely will play some on it, i already logged for a bit seconds today, started raining and all, (night get on me and that little nice shack was too cute to be blowed by a creeper, so i log off),and i recorded it for keepers.

Yup, as I gave mr10 permission you are allowed to do recording on the server. I put that message on the 2.0 so that all new joiners can take it into account.

Updated Spreadsheet with worldgen mods required to start server

Is highlands still an option, or are we not having it?

Thanks for the spreadsheet!

UB and PFAA have about the same Worldgen time (PFAA might be a little bit laggier, but not that much). I would disable GT Granite Spawns (and use PFAA to spawn it) to save on Worldgen Time.

We could pregenerate a ton of terrain using MC-Edit, so that everything 2500 Meters (= 5000x5000) from Spawn is already generated, and nobody causes Worldgen Lag in the beginning. Also a Rule about not discovering new Areas without asking all other currently online People before, would be good.

I would love to try PFAA, so I am leaning towards it still. What I of course could do is generate even more upto 10k away, downside is my crappy internet upload speed but that should improve in a couple of weeks :)

Also, NEI. I am not playing GT without NEI. (And Unidye won't be updated without NEI... :D )

Well... NEI does not concern world generation so I did not include it

Looks like this pack will be like 90% of yours :)

@Thaumcraft,
    The poll was supposed to help me decide but its a tie at the moment. The positive point is that no one selected the 'no is op' option. Thus, I suppose we can add it with down tweaked dungeon loot.

@Hunger overhaul,
    I think we will not include it, I myself think it would be fun to have some added difficulty but others seem to really not like it.

@IguanaTweaks,
    I am interested in it because of the encumbering effects, but it seems a lot of configuring to get right. Leaning toward not including it.

- I updated the town rules
    - Moved highlands to the no section, vanilla should be fine

Minimal required mods (worldgen) to start the 1.7:
    - IC2Exp
    - Gregtech
    - AE2
    - Unidye
    - UB (if selected, likely due PFAA being reported worse on world gen delay)
    - Thaumcraft (if selected)
    - Glens gasses (if selected)

Mods that have worldgen but are not required to start 1.7:
    - Forestry, its copper / tin would be disabled anyhow. Appetite would not be to difficult to find afterwards. Bees... this could be a problem but not sure if we want to hold up the world for it.
    - Railcraft, sulfer and saltpeter are not that needed.
    - Chisel, marble + limestone will be disabled in favour of other biome generating mods
    - Galacticraft, its world gen would be disabled anyhow.
    - Growthcraft, can be added later I suppose

Feel free to give input on the above :)

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the input (And no BA, you did not break rule #1 it was very constructive :)).

Main things that I did was:
    - Move HO to the maybe section since I can see that not everyone agrees but it can be tweaked to give a little more dimension to the food thing, personally I grow tired of the carrot diet.
    - Iron chest will be changed to use plates
    - Added project red transmission and illumination
    - Added beautification mods
    - Added suggested things to the maybe
    - Added things to the 'NO' post
    - Added town rules
    - Added restriction on how close you are allowed to build to each other without permission
    - mumble

- Contemplating to remove the qsuit in favor of mps, might up the energy consumption of mps even if I do like the ic2 jetpack more than the mps flight.
    - Probably not adding biome mods other than sedimentary ones for more colors of stone.
    - I think thaumcraft will not be included.. since it does not fit the theme. Yes I do think its an awesome mod, but I am trying to not go FTB style and just throw in every cool, sorta cool and then some more mods into a pack.

Zorn, I think we can arrange something to show you around OR you just apply and play along ;)

And could anyone explain to me this FrogCraft and why I would want to add it to the server ?

Saturday 14 February 2015

Saturday 07 February 2015

Saturday 31 Januari 2015

Friday 30 January 2015

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Sunday 25 January 2015 part B

Sunday 25 January 2015

Saturday 17 January 2015

Saturday 03 January 2015

Sunday 28 December 2014

Saterday 13 December 2014

Monday 1 December 2014