Posts by nn04

I'd say try moving the wires 1 unit away from the HV's before bringing them back to the same vertical level. The style you use (where it comes out the top then comes down right away) may be causing the HV to send out 2k power, then eat it up the same frame when it doesn't split into 1k batches. This could be CPU-intensive, for all I know. Then again, I am not a professional.

Ok that actually sounds like it could work because I am getting 2000 EU out of the HV transformers...

this is my 220-solarflower. unfortunately it's a buffer flower which means that it is filled with storages and it's true power lies within the fact that 1 of those bastards create 264000 eu every day and they power everything in my base beside matter gen and tp... the matter gen is on a separate power supply even though that flower is filling it and tp goes on a separate line from matter gen eu storage

that is a massive solar flower, id love to see the schematics of that, how long did it take you to build it?

So earlier today after completing my 3 Million EU/s Burst Rate High Voltage farm I decided to make a Solar farm to see which was more efficient and easier to maintain. So I present you with this:

It generates a constant flow of at least 50K EU/s with bursts going up to 250K+ EU/s (EC Manipulator @ Very long), it has 16 arms on each side and 4 solar panels on each arm, and an mfe unit for 2 of the 4 solar panels. Total : 128 Solar Panels, 64 MFE Units, each MFE is set to 64 EU/s which is at least 4096 EU/s total, but due to the fact that the MFE units are always charging I have had spikes go up to 250k+ EU/s. And I'd also like to mention that nowhere in this setup am I using a HV transformer. What do yall think?

P.S. - The solar farm is so much easier to maintain then the high voltage one.

this is my 220-solarflower. unfortunately it's a buffer flower which means that it is filled with storages and it's true power lies within the fact that 1 of those bastards create 264000 eu every day and they power everything in my base beside matter gen and tp... the matter gen is on a separate power supply even though that flower is filling it and tp goes on a separate line from matter gen eu storage

so where is the flower?

Well see heres the thing, if i dont switch it off the Mass Fabricator keeps using energy and it actually starts to slow down, If i want my MFE's to charge then I have to shut off the power, I need to find a way to dump the power without it sucking up too much energy.

Name:
    Voltage Multiplier

Describtion:
    Instead of having just one HV Transformer I would like to see a couple (or at least one more) that can effectively output high voltage depending on the EU/s that are being fed to the machine... Example: If I power up 4 different HV Transformers and connect them on all 4 sides to the new Voltage Multiplier I think it should act like an Ignition Coil does in a car, 12 Volts = A couple thousand volts (low current though) 24 Volts = a couple tens of thousands of volts, so in Minecraft 4 inputs at 2000EU/s through 1 output = 8000EU/s, so much easier to work with...

Although this could be made much simpler if the HV Transformer was able to accept and multiply HV that was connected to it. Standard HV Transformer = 2000EU/s, I think if we were able to daisy chain them ultimately doubling and then tripling the amount of current we could easily get 100K EU/s from a string of 5 HV Transformers.

tl;dr - I want higher voltages to be attainable easier, atm to get up to 96K EU/s I have to use 48 HV Transformers which is a huge pain, I think there should be an easier to use block.

Recipe:
    Dont have one in mind, that can come at a later date...

Nice. The problem with the switches is exactly as I mentioned.

Anyways, as impressive as it is, I don't think nuclear is the way to go. There is no freaking way that anyone could ever keep that many generators supplied to function properly, nor supply enough (secret item here), so I would think that it would be better to use a system that was slower but more efficient.

Yea its incredibly hard to keep this thing functional, I think IndustrialCraft needs some kind of coil built into it that multiplies the HV leads cause 2K per transformer is kinda cheap, I mean disposable camera capacitors can do 6KV and they are tiny, so imagine something Minecraft Life Size. I want to build a 10 Million EU/s system but if its going to be 128 levels high then I might as well give up now, no where near enough processing power....

I went ahead and generated some flat land on a map that I wasnt doing anything with and succesfully got up to 3 Million EU/s, I was cranking out UU Matter once a (real life) second and going through the secret ingredient (I dont know if you want it public yet...). It wasnt that hard, all I did was create a reactor bank that leads to an HV Transformer, 16 HV Transformers per bank = 32K EU/s, 8 Sets of Reactor/HV Banks (128 HV Transformers) @ 32K EU/s = 256K EU/s with pulses going all the way up to 3.2 million, Ill upload the map if anyone wants to check it out. Im pretty proud of it actually, but be warned, this WILL slow your computer down, Minecraft just cant keep up with all the particles its supposed to be generating, even when the animations and particles are turned off, and for the love of god DONT turn off the 2 main switches...

If I can take a video of it in action I will post it, for now youll have to download the map, Time Warner cut my cable and uploading sucks of a cell phone tether...

My Map, Test2.

By nsuneson at 2011-07-14

Edit - Cause I cant do basic math... :P

Yes the massive amount of particles emitted by the hv cables are the reason for the lag, and I will definitely try that mod today and ill let you all know how it works...

Edit* Tried it and it didnt work, my world still slows down to 0, maybe it has something to do with the "energy" that starts to build up, capacitor style, in the cables when i switch the current off at the last switch before the Mass Fabricator... I wish I could figure out how to consolidate those reactor banks...

I seem to be experiencing a problem with having large amounts of HV cables that I have run to and from my generators/HV Transformers. When I power everything but my generators down and HV starts to collect in the cables the redstone sprites start to show up in massive amounts greatly slowing down my computer (READ: 0 FPS) I have tried the mod Optifog and turned off redstone animations but that didnt help at all. Ill post an image to show you how big the amount of high voltage wires im running. What I'm basically asking is if anyone knows how to truly stop the redstone animations from popping up even if theyve been turned off... And for those of you who are curious as to why Im running such a large amount of cables is cause im trying to power the Mass Fabricator for instant generation of U Matter.