Support Request: Problem with large amounts of HV Cables.

• I seem to be experiencing a problem with having large amounts of HV cables that I have run to and from my generators/HV Transformers. When I power everything but my generators down and HV starts to collect in the cables the redstone sprites start to show up in massive amounts greatly slowing down my computer (READ: 0 FPS) I have tried the mod Optifog and turned off redstone animations but that didnt help at all. Ill post an image to show you how big the amount of high voltage wires im running. What I'm basically asking is if anyone knows how to truly stop the redstone animations from popping up even if theyve been turned off... And for those of you who are curious as to why Im running such a large amount of cables is cause im trying to power the Mass Fabricator for instant generation of U Matter.

• I've noted that HV pulses cause the cables to occasionally emit the redstone particles. I assume your plant is causing that en-masse.

• Yes the massive amount of particles emitted by the hv cables are the reason for the lag, and I will definitely try that mod today and ill let you all know how it works...

Edit* Tried it and it didnt work, my world still slows down to 0, maybe it has something to do with the "energy" that starts to build up, capacitor style, in the cables when i switch the current off at the last switch before the Mass Fabricator... I wish I could figure out how to consolidate those reactor banks...

• How are you joining the power? Switch cables?

On the server I play on I found that having a switch cable in the line between an HV and an energy absorbing device caused mega-lag whenever the energy absorbing device wasn't able to accept the power. The power tries to turn around but it cant go back through the switch cable and bounces back and forth forever until it runs out of juice.

EDIT: I see some switch cables after HV's in the pic. What is that in the center there? If its the mass fabber it will be ok, if its not, that explains your problem.

DOUBLE EDIT:Just read your last post. You have a switch cable to turn it off eh? Well herp derp much, unless you have a way to vent that energy no wonder its lagging so bad :P

TRIPLE EDIT: /thread... sorry I just had to.

• Well see heres the thing, if i dont switch it off the Mass Fabricator keeps using energy and it actually starts to slow down, If i want my MFE's to charge then I have to shut off the power, I need to find a way to dump the power without it sucking up too much energy.

• Well see heres the thing, if i dont switch it off the Mass Fabricator keeps using energy and it actually starts to slow down, If i want my MFE's to charge then I have to shut off the power, I need to find a way to dump the power without it sucking up too much energy.

The only way to dump power properly would just be like a really huge thing of splitting cables and such, however that would cause probably the same amount of lag.

• The only way to dump power properly would just be like a really huge thing of splitting cables and such, however that would cause probably the same amount of lag.

Yea thats what ive been noticing, I think im gonna stick with non-hv sources for my power.

• Yea thats what ive been noticing, I think im gonna stick with non-hv sources for my power.

I'd say try moving the wires 1 unit away from the HV's before bringing them back to the same vertical level. The style you use (where it comes out the top then comes down right away) may be causing the HV to send out 2k power, then eat it up the same frame when it doesn't split into 1k batches. This could be CPU-intensive, for all I know. Then again, I am not a professional.

• I'd say try moving the wires 1 unit away from the HV's before bringing them back to the same vertical level. The style you use (where it comes out the top then comes down right away) may be causing the HV to send out 2k power, then eat it up the same frame when it doesn't split into 1k batches. This could be CPU-intensive, for all I know. Then again, I am not a professional.

Ok that actually sounds like it could work because I am getting 2000 EU out of the HV transformers...