Posts by Neurotoxin

I'm one of these OCD-people, and all I can say is that I'm so much OCD that I always test under real circumstances meaning that I always test with a real Minecaft installation on a real .minecraft Folder. Ofcourse I already have my own autozip batch File, and I have to say, that this is a good Idea. :D

Thanks for the input. It does use your real minecraft installation though. The one in your .minecraft folder, or multi mc, or wherever else you might have it installed, that's part of the configuration. This all started off as a .bat script to do it for me, but I wanted to share it and .bat scripts are really messy as far as setting variables. Basically this just drops the MultiMC launcher file in your minecraft directory, makes a bat script to call it and launches the bat script (during the launch phase). I personally love it because you get to see the console output of minecraft, forge, etc.. while it's going just like it was run from the IDE. I'll probably clean up my code a bit tonight and release the source tonight or tomorrow. After that I'll be working on OS independence and better error and config file handling.

After spending a lot of time trying to get eclipse to launch Minecraft with ic2 and my addons and failing, I decided to make a utility to compile/obfuscate/package(zip)/ and launch minecraft. I know it's not a big deal to just launch one bat, then another, then zip it all up move it and run it yourself but when you're OCD about your programming and test after you finish each new chunk that time really adds up.

Anywho, I'd like to present the automated tester. You can consider this to be a beta tool as I know it will be buggy. over the next week or two I hope to iron out any bugs that I may have missed and make it work with better features (maybe even incorporate a gui). For now though here's what it does.

Features:

Current known problems:

Future Plans:

Credits :

License:

After the next build, after I've cleaned up some of my embarrassing coding I'll open-source this. If anybody who's trustworthy would like to check it to verify it's nothing malicious please message me and I'll share it with you. Until then I will provide virus scans.

Virus Scans

Installation instructions:
    Extract the zip archive to your mcp directory.
    Before running fill out the necessary fields in config.cfg located in the requires directory. For the time being, ignore the "Nested Packages" section as it will do nothing
    To run the program either double click the .jar file or launch via the included aLaunch.bat if you like feeling hackery and seeing command line codes running by.
    If you have any questions about the config or program feel free to post them here.

I didn't bother scanning the .cfg or .bat file as you can easily check those with notepad or an text editor yourself.
    If this somehow is against the rules of the forum or is in the wrong section etc... feel free to notify me and I will remove it (if against the rules and you can point out where) or move it if it's in the wrong section.

Good suggestions Sirius, I'll look into that in the next build (probably).

Quick note, I've changed my overall plans for this mod. This will be a re-working of renewable energy sources and creation of new resources as well. I haven't worked out all of the details yet. I also don't want to spoil all of my ideas because I love the IC2 spirit of discovery. That being said, I've updated what I had as of yesterday to implement the forge ore dictionary, make future improvements a bit easier to implement and reworked the directory structure of the textures (that I borrowed from IC2's default textures as a placeholder). Also, if there are any texture artist's in the house that would like to contribute let me know, otherwise future default textures are, more than likely, going to be very ugly :( sadly, I'm a horrible artist.

Thanks for the comments guys. As far as the ore dictionary the next release will register charcoal dust and the charcoal lump along with a few other things I've been working on. Also if anyone feels this is unbalanced feel free to make suggestions towards re-balancing. As it stands it takes 8 charcoal to make 1 coal because I don't want to take away from the value of coal as a material while giving charcoal more use other than as a fuel.

Hello guys. I know this isn't some major mod but I was playing around and getting to know the IC2 API for a while. I'm new to minecraft modding and figured getting familiar with it by making some sub-mods would be a good place to start.

Anywho, when playing around with items and recipes I figured, why not just slap a releasable mod together?

This should be compatible with future releases, as long as they don't overhaul the entire API.

I will hopefully be releasing more soon.

Oh and guys. Don't get so excited for this tiny little mod, it really isn't that much. :D

A note for anyone currently using this or that's interested in it. The name is changing to Renewable Resources. I'll update the thread title on the next release.

Future plans for this mod:

Balancing act:
    - Implement charcoal dust rather than straight conversion to coal dust
    - Recipe requiring 8 charcoal dust to make charcoal lump
    - Compressor recipe for charcoal lump to coal conversion

Other recipes:
    - making charcoal dust usuable in some coal dust recipes as an alternative
    - examples : carbon fiber, gunpowder

Oh, almost forgot this part:

EULA:
    Do whatever you like with this mod. Redistribute it, decompile it, modify it or anything else within the scope of the IC2 terms of use. If you do redistribute this mod please give me credit or link back to this thread, that's all I ask.

Installation:
    Simple. Just drop the zip in your mods folder along with IC2.

Recipes:
    Place a charcoal in a macerator for some crazy effects! :pinch: not really, just go make some CHARcoal dust m'kay?

Now take that charcoal dust to a crafting table and make a square out of 8 pieces (leave the center one empty). Oh my god! It made something!? Now the only logical thing to with the new thing you just made is stick it straight in the high pressure squishermabobber.

Ok, straight recipes below:

CHANGELOG: