Posts by Generalcamo

It is possible that I could make an addon to Thaumcraft to make it more Gregtech like, but it would take a while for balancing and talking with Azanor on the changes, so I say leave out Thaumcraft for a while.

Any and all worldgen (Except enchanted forests) can be retrogenned, so it will not really matter in the end.

Starting recipes indeed should be changed. However, beyond that, it really shouldn't be messed with.

EDIT: I did some more testing, and there are other problems with Thaumcraft--GregTech compatability. While it does have aspects, there are other problems. Alumentum for example is not recognized as a valid fuel, when it actually should be.

I recommend leaving out Thaumcraft until some of the problems are fixed.

I really do not think Thaumcraft should be touched too much. It would tear up balancing if we modify too many recipes. And if we do modify recipes, I recommend making an official plugin instead of using minetweaker which might be buggy. (Although the Thaumometer should be safe to tweak)

GregoriusT: Do your machines and items implement Thaumcraft aspects natively? Or is the existing aspects done entirely by Thaumcraft?

Another mod which might be a good idea is Immibis's Microblocks. I recently found out that those microblocks, unlike FMP, work with IC2 cables (Gee, I wonder where we are using those...) and can be made to work with other items, like Greg's Pipes. That would be REALLY useful to have to make builds look better.

Actually, thinking about it some more: Why don't we make an addon for Thaumcraft that adds some compatability with GregTech? I'm thinking more wands and a redo of some tech.

That's KAMI... and will not go into here. KAMI means God... we do not need godmode...

Alright, to prevent early-game abuse of Thaumcraft, while also preventing it from not being used at all, I recommend adding 4 steel to the recipe for the Thaumometer. There is enough space, so why not? This will make it impossible to start Thaumcraft before the late-bronze age (unless of course you are lucky) while also not killing it entirely.

Just restrict TC tech to GT tech (aka make its items require GT tech tree stuff).

Close to impossible

The specific way to double ores only requires a crucible, which only requires a cauldron. It does however require you to add Ordo and Metallum, so you will waste some metal and another material, but it still can cause problems early game (Although it doesn't give you the ability to have by-products).

The infernal furnace on the other hand is a multi-block structure that smelts things for free, with occasional bonus nuggets. At first, it is extremely slow, but by upgrading it with bellows and Ignis essentia (which actually does take fuel), it can smelt fast. The fact that it is slow and requires a dangerous trip to the nether does balance it out though.

Golems also can make automation a lot easier. However, they can be expensive.

One interesting thing though is that Railcraft is planning on adding a Potentia Powered Train. This would make trains simpler, but require a well-done infrastructure.

The kinesis pipes were really the main thing that I was going for. I know about GT's pipes. I love them.

If you guys wish, I could create a private server pack to allow new people to get on the server much easier and quicker. Auto-Updates are also a nice thing.

EDIT: One thing to note about Thaumcraft. It allows very easy early game ore doubling with the Infernal Furnace and Ore Purification. Consider tweaking those a little.

You know what, I've been looking for a challenge. This looks like it would be something.

Couple things though:
    Railcraft is designed to go with Buildcraft. Perhaps adding Buildcraft might be an idea.

Configs:
    Only Kinesis Pipes, Cobblepipe, Stone Pipe, and Wood Pipes are available, and kinesis require plates and red alloy. You must use steam engines to extract. Nothing is free in this world. Fluid Pipes, Pumps, Gates, Lasers, and Quarries are removed completely.

A few random suggestions:

Add a low tech tank to complement the new liquid pipes. This would be something you could create without relying on Buildcraft tanks or Railcraft Tanks.

Make the computer monitor cover do something on pipes. Perhaps make it so it displays how much liquid is traveling through the pipe, and what type.

Add support for Mob Essence from MFR to be put into a Magic Energy Converter. It already has compatibility for Liquid XP, and Mob Essence is technically a different form of XP...

Add support for Electrolyzing MFR Sewage. I say it should give off Methane Cells and Plant Matter, but that is your call.

Maybe add support for Forge Multipart for your Pipes?

Remove the Crafting Recipe for the Glass Fiber Cable. We don't need it anymore since Gold Cables replaced its voltage value, and 4xEV is already taken care of by the superconductor cable. It wasn't exactly realistic anyway.

The strange formatting also makes it hard for me to quote you..

Really anything in IC2 and GregTech could be used for "Unlimited" power if you work hard enough at it, assuming you have all the mods GregTech works with. Magmatic Crucibles make thermal generators and GregTech steam boilers have a positive energy loop (Assuming you have forestry installed with circuit boards). Bees make it easy to produce energy with a Diesel Generator, or a Railcraft Steam Boiler. They can even produce the materials required for all of that.

If you work hard enough, anything could be renewable sources of energy. And they give more power then a Solar Panel, Windmill, or Watermill (Unless you have Compact-whatever, don't go there).

Which is precisely why I said to EXPAND it. Having pollution only come out of multiblock machines (and only a limited amount of those machines!) is not exactly very complex. If all the fuel burning machines produced pollution, and it had negative effects, then it would actually be kind of fun.

Especially in Multiplayer!

C4: Not very useful. Why would you put in electricity infrastructure just to blow it up?

So I hear you are adding pollution? Good, let's expand that:

• All fuel burning machines (including vanilla furnaces) will output pollution into the atmosphere. It will linger on the highest point possible (blocks block pollution, but it does move) until it gets to the highest point (254) where it gets added to a local "smog" counter and a global "greenhouse" counter
    • Pollution can move, but it does so slowly.
    • Pollution can "collect" where if it gets too low, you will start to asphyxiate (unless you have a gas mask)
    • Special pipes can move pollution preventing it from collecting in your home.
    • Radiation adds to a local "fallout" count and a global "bluehouse" counter
    • Radiation is produced from exploding nukes, improperly-contained nuclear reactors, and whatever other modders choose to put into an API. Unlike pollution, these immediately get added to the counter.

Pollution does have other drawbacks though:

• Special tools can measure all of the counters.
    • The smog counters go down naturally.
    • Foliage in loaded chunks adds to the reduction by a very small amount.
    • A very advanced GregTech machine can directly remove it.
    • A "Smog Filter" can be placed. Pollution piped into it will be "filtered" reducing the amount of pollution that gets into the atmosphere, and into the Smog Counters.
    • Having too much smog can cause two events.
    • Local "Acid Rain" will cause acid rain around the immediate area. This will infertilize farmland, destroy crops, and destroy grass. It can also damage mobs if they aren't wearing armor.
    • Global "Global Warming" will cause heat and humidity to skyrocket globally, making things like Apiculture and Agriculture harder. In addition, it may cause sealevels to rise as ice melts.
    • Radiation counters can also go down, but at a much slower rate.
    • Only a different GregTech advanced machine can directly remove radiation.
    • Properly containing nuclear reactors, preventing them from overloading, and not using nuclear explosives can prevent radiation.
    • Local "Fallout" will cause nearby areas to have radiation effects.
    • Global "Nuclear Winter" will cause heat and humidity to plummet globally, making things like Apiculter and Agriculture harder. In addition, it may cause sealevels to fall as water freezes.
    • Both global events reduce the amount of sunlight reaching the earth, slowing down crop growing. If it gets bad enough, mobs can even spawn.
    • Although you could control Global Warming with Nuclear Winters, it will still block the sun, potentially causing undesirable effects.

This AddOn is junk. Luminators are really usefull, but with you all using cheaty mods from diiferent FTB Packs, you won't need them ever anyway. Well, the time will come where people see how usefull luminatord are again!

To you maybe. I find most of the "cheaty lights" do not give me the flexibility and "clean modern" look that the Luminator does. They require power yes, but a single solar panel can power at least 300 of them.

However, I would not agree to not having an internal storage capability, as they don't require a bat-box (which takes up space mind you) to constantly power. I would like to see maybe a cheaper recipe for the luminator that doesn't require a copper cable, which would not have an internal storage capacity. But if you add in the copper cable, or surround a copper cable with 8 non-storage luminators, you would get the original luminator (Maybe with a different texture on the back?).