[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• The strange formatting also makes it hard for me to quote you..

Really anything in IC2 and GregTech could be used for "Unlimited" power if you work hard enough at it, assuming you have all the mods GregTech works with. Magmatic Crucibles make thermal generators and GregTech steam boilers have a positive energy loop (Assuming you have forestry installed with circuit boards). Bees make it easy to produce energy with a Diesel Generator, or a Railcraft Steam Boiler. They can even produce the materials required for all of that.

If you work hard enough, anything could be renewable sources of energy. And they give more power then a Solar Panel, Windmill, or Watermill (Unless you have Compact-whatever, don't go there).

• Which is precisely why I said to EXPAND it. Having pollution only come out of multiblock machines (and only a limited amount of those machines!) is not exactly very complex. If all the fuel burning machines produced pollution, and it had negative effects, then it would actually be kind of fun.

Especially in Multiplayer!

C4: Not very useful. Why would you put in electricity infrastructure just to blow it up?

C4 wouldn't use an infrastructure in the detonation; simply linking a Dynamite-O-mote to a ''receiver'' that is ''plugged'' into the C4. The Receiver could also be upgraded with a Quartz-based electric clock, to detonate after a set time (beginning the countdown either when the Dyn-O-Mote is triggered, or the Red Button is pressed in the Timed C4 Detonator's GUI). Alternatively, if it is struck with Lightning, Wirefire, or a Machine Explosion, then it would detonate.

• @pollution, the new fluid API in forge allows for negative-density fluids that float up to max height level. It's still kind of buggy but it seems like the guys are working on it to make it function pretty much in the way GT pollution was hinted to be working.

• Official Post

Suggestion : Lubrification Oil, for ALL machines.

Oil, when refined in the distillation tower, will produce fuel, methane and lubrification oil (about 1 mB per 1mB of crude oil).
    Lubrification oil can be piped into machines (or input with cells) and will increase their speed (and energy usage) by 100%.
    Will use 1 mB per operation for multiblock machines, 1mb per 8 operations for electrolyzer and centrifuge and 1mB per 32 operations for automatic machines.

Lubrification oil can also be inserted on multiblock generators to increase efficiency :
    25% more steam for thermal boilers, consumes 1mB of oil every 100 ticks.
    25% less steam usage for steam turbines (keeping energy production rate), consumes 1mB of oil every 200 ticks.
    25% less gas usage for gas turbines (keeping energy production rate), consumes 1mB of oil every 100 ticks.
    Or increase energy production rate by 25% for both turbines.

Suggestion 2 : Muffler upgrade. When sound gets implemented for ALL machines,
    Each upgrade will reduce sound produced by 50% (1 will reduce 50%, 2 will reduce 75%, 3 will reduce 87,5% and 4 will reduce 93,75% ...)

Lubrification oil reduce sounds produced by machines by 10% (If used alongside 4 muffler upgrades , it will completely silence the machine)

• Official Post

Someone suggested some kind fancy flighting device to IC², so here i come to suggest something similar, but for GT.

Jet Boots / Gravifield Boots :
    Both allows you a creative flight, pressing M (mode key) will double the speed, while quadrupling fuel/energy usage.

Tier 2 : Jet boots
    Provides armor equal to nano boots.
    Has two types, Liquid fueled jet boots and Gas fueled jet boots. (2000 mB of liquid)
    Both have the same speed, however the gas fueled one has four times storage. (8000 mB of gas)

1 diesel cell (or 16 coalfuel cells) allows 10 minutes of constant flight.
    1 biodiesel cell (or 16 biofuel cells) allows 5 minutes of constant flight.
    1 Nitrodiesel cell (or 16 nitrocoalfuel cells) allows 15 minutes of constant flight.
    1 Glyceryl cell allows 30 minutes of constant flight, however the jetboots violently explodes upon player damage. {That is actually nitroglycerin, what did you expect?}
    1 methane cell (or 8 hydrogen cells) allows 10 minutes of constant flight.

Tier 3-4 : Gravifield Boots
    Provides armor equal to quantum boots.
    Makes anti-gravity fields using lots of energy.
    Uses 500 EU/t . Holds 40M energy.

• Now that I can use my phone properly (Thanks to MistrX ;) ), I can suggest the things I wanted to ... I've been Silent for too long ^^.

New Tools: Fuel consuming Tools:
    Combustion Drill: Lvl mining equal to Iron, requires an engine (made out of Refined Iron mostly) and some Refined Iron. Mining Speed =about Diamond Drill speed.
    Advanced Combustion Engine: Steel equivalent of above, with Adv. Circuits instead of Circuits. Mining lvl would be Diamond pick, and mining speed would be much faster.

Fracking Drill: This tool would require things like pumps/pump module, Titanium and Crome. It would mine anything, but at the Rockcutter speed. However, it would drop some special Ores, a bit like Native Cluster from TC3, which could be macerated/grinded for more ressources than the Ore itself.

Gas-in-stone:
    I had an Idea that would add some kind of a GT Oil, some gasses and some fun: Just make Stone and all Ores sometime drop some gasses. These gasses would be harvested using the Fracking Drill I suggested, giving differents gasses cells from empty cells in your inventory (maybe it would require a bigger fluiss handler though, like a pack that could store multiple fluids, or a portable tank).

Probability should be like:
    Shale Gas: 5% for every "Normal Ores" and 1% for Stone (the loop would be possible, but as you would need the Fracking Drill, it would be stupid)
    Firedamp Gas: 50% for Coal (yay, energy from Coal!)
    Nether Ores: 35% of getting H2SO4, or such a chemical, assuming it would be a useful one.
    End Ores: Helium, Hydrogen, Methane or anything you want (maybe severals with differents chances).

A cool things would be mining these Ores with a normal tool to cause them to leak ... aka scanning for fire/lava--> if true then explode for the one you can burn, and Chemical Explosive from ICBM alike effect (so you won't need me anyone to be trolled Greg, be trolled by yourself when mining xD)

Now the mechanics for these:
    Fuel based tools could be refueled using: Crafting, a special new GT machine (that would be a Liquid Transposer like, with IC2 Canning machine features), directly consuming cells from your inventory or with a fuel pack. (Chose the one you prefer, but the Fuel pack would also require the machine ...).

The Fracking Drill would basically use the same mechanics, but would consume EU (like 400 EU/block)/Compressed air cells meanwhile, and instead of Fuel it would use chemicals/Dust Cells (Water + differents Dust, like Diamond Dust + 15 Water Cells = 16 Dust Cells, dunno for other kinds of dust, just look fracking on wiki ^^). The chemical would be hard to generate with an automated setup, but using the gas from Nether Ores could help (as you wouldn't have to generate it before ^^).

As Fuel, BioFuel would be worth 16 blocks, Coal Fuel 64 (nice buff ^^), Diesel 320, Nitro Diesel 400 etc ...

The Fracking Drill would consume: 400 EU/ 0.5 Compressed Air Cell per block, and 1 Dust Cell per block/1 chemical for 16 blocks (more or less depending on how hard it is to get and on what you want).

Shale gasses could be refined using the Distillation Tower (4 for 3 Methane and one Oil/Diesel Cell) as the Firedamp gas ...

Btw, I just realized how "cheap" the Fusion Reactor was, would it be possible to nerf it by making Tritium harder to get, as it is IRL ? Like 1 from 20 Deuterium, but with an easier way to get it using Nuclear Reactor, as IRL also ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• +1. I support these ideas.
    And I have a suggestion: Gas Pockets, that appear in the same shape as ore deposits, but contain a gas in the area. Opening the cavity improperly might make the gas leak out like TE Energized Glowstone, but with a finite-liquid logic that makes it not infinite (ex. drilling into the top of a gas deposit, and the gas leaks out of the shaft upwards into the air, all the way up to the top of the world, and adds to the pollution counter). Gases explode violently if they are too close to Lava/Fire/Torches/etc., and some can explode if shaken or disturbed with too much force, like a Jackhammer used to break into the cavity, or an explosive device exploding a few blocks away. They can be harvested with a special Drill or Pump.
    Maybe there could even be added a machine that creates vibrations in the ground that are almost undetectable by Humans, but can be used to find the general location of Caves/cavities in the ground/Gravel/Dirt/etc., which would help find gas pockets/caves/ravines/etc,. It should operate by sending out a vibration, then waiting a few seconds, and if a gas pocket/cavity/etc. is detected, the GUI displays the distance to the cavity, but not the direction or coordinates. (it would also be slightly inaccurate, and may not find a cavity/find one that doesn't exist) Triangulation using the machines, similar to finding the focal point of an Earthquake with 3 different seismograph stations, would be the best way to use the machine. It would not be OP, because it is still difficult to use, and you need to run the machine in 3 or more different spots to properly triangulate a gas pocket/cavity. The intensity of the vibrations can be increased to increase accuracy and range, at the cost of more power usage, and some minor negative effects like Mini-earthquakes, cave-ins, Nausea, Combustion of Explosive Gas pockets due to the force of the vibrations, jamming/breaking of machines, slight scrambling of the placement of nuclear reactor components (components falling out of place), etc,.

• Official Post

Since 1.6.2 , mobs are pretty much hard to deal with, so they can deal considerable damage to you even if you have some tech to defend yourself.

What about adding industrial medicine to GT?
    Like brewing, but with some crops (and other substances obtained somewhere) producing medicinal herbs, used in some pills or syringes, giving several effects like regeneration, speed , nightvision (has a collateral effect causing blindness II if light is above 7), haste and such.
    Painkiller, for example, would give absorption effect.
    Some other medicines may increase the player's health temporary.

• Official Post

Since 1.6.2 , mobs are pretty much hard to deal with, so they can deal considerable damage to you even if you have some tech to defend yourself.

What about adding industrial medicine to GT?
    Like brewing, but with some crops (and other substances obtained somewhere) producing medicinal herbs, used in some pills or syringes, giving several effects like regeneration, speed , nightvision (has a collateral effect causing blindness II if light is above 7), haste and such.
    Painkiller, for example, would give absorption effect.
    Some other medicines may increase the player's health temporary.

A Pain killer should give you Hunger 2, resistance 3 but when the resistance runs out poison for a few seconds :p
    Stackable but after say 3 dosages gives you wither 5 :3

• Official Post

A Pain killer should give you Hunger 2, resistance 3 but when the resistance runs out poison for a few seconds :p
    Stackable but after say 3 dosages gives you wither 5 :3

That seems to be better than purely absorption. Maybe something else?
    Wither = overdose lol. Wither 5 kills you in two or three seconds.

• Maybe there could even be added a machine that creates vibrations in the ground that are almost undetectable by Humans, but can be used to find the general location of Caves/cavities in the ground/Gravel/Dirt/etc., which would help find gas pockets/caves/ravines/etc,. It should operate by sending out a vibration, then waiting a few seconds, and if a gas pocket/cavity/etc. is detected, the GUI displays the distance to the cavity, but not the direction or coordinates. (it would also be slightly inaccurate, and may not find a cavity/find one that doesn't exist) Triangulation using the machines, similar to finding the focal point of an Earthquake with 3 different seismograph stations, would be the best way to use the machine. It would not be OP, because it is still difficult to use, and you need to run the machine in 3 or more different spots to properly triangulate a gas pocket/cavity. The intensity of the vibrations can be increased to increase accuracy and range, at the cost of more power usage, and some minor negative effects like Mini-earthquakes, cave-ins, Nausea, Combustion of Explosive Gas pockets due to the force of the vibrations, jamming/breaking of machines, slight scrambling of the placement of nuclear reactor components (components falling out of place), etc,.

You have a big issue lol. You always posty suggestions that are so long that almost nobody read it (but me ^^), but you just don't think: "would it be implementable". I'm not saying what you suggest is stupid or anything, just that you should think before suggesting anything: "is it worth the work it would need ?". Otherwhise, everyone would suggest worldgen details for Stargates, new mobs and such ^^
    That's why you should try to suggest "small" things, or things that are actually close than what GT currently contains. I might not applicate this rule myself though, but I'm not an example ^^

And I have a suggestion: Gas Pockets, that appear in the same shape as ore deposits, but contain a gas in the area. Opening the cavity improperly might make the gas leak out like TE Energized Glowstone, but with a finite-liquid logic that makes it not infinite (ex. drilling into the top of a gas deposit, and the gas leaks out of the shaft upwards into the air, all the way up to the top of the world, and adds to the pollution counter). Gases explode violently if they are too close to Lava/Fire/Torches/etc., and some can explode if shaken or disturbed with too much force, like a Jackhammer used to break into the cavity, or an explosive device exploding a few blocks away. They can be harvested with a special Drill or Pump.

Alblaka said once he would implement such a thing "one day" ... but now he is playing Starmade xD

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Just as a continuation of the earlier discussion of adding a GT-equivalent to Ferrous Ore for nickel + platinum, I suggest Garnierite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garnierite)

I don't much mind how it's implemented beyond that, honestly. Though it is of note that jungles currently do not have a GT ore associated with them, and neither does extreme hills, though those do have emeralds already.

There's also Pentlandite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentlandite) which is apparently also a ore with small amounts of cobalt, and Limonite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limonite) which is really more of an iron ore then a nickel or platinum ore.

Greg implemented nickel ore very soon after this post, so really completely redundant now

• How about adding manure to the game. Animals produce manure (it just appears randomly around animals) and you can fermentate it to produce Biogas which can be burned in the Gas Turbine.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
    Tochter aus Elysium,
    Wir betreten feuertrunken,
    Himmlische, dein Heiligthum!
    Deine Zauber binden wieder
    Was die Mode streng geteilt;
    Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
    Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

• How about adding manure to the game. Animals produce manure (it just appears randomly around animals) and you can fermentate it to produce Biogas which can be burned in the Gas Turbine.

It would probably be a LOT simpler to just go the way of MFR and make a special machine which detects animals above it, and outputs shit accordingly.

Though, in all honesty... No. Just no.

Might be a good thing to suggest to Power Crystals, though. (the maintainer of MFR)