Posts by mustangdood

I'm not sure how you calculate burn rate, but I know the heat values. You can compare the heat values to each other, to make a direct comparison.

This is taken from the Railcraft wiki, which I'm pretty sure is accurate BEFORE the recent changes (fuel and ethanol were reduced by 75%):

Fuel Values
    Solid

• Nearly anything that burns in a Furnace may be used to feed a Solid Fuel Firebox.
    • Bucket of Lava = 1000
    • Charcoal = 1600
    • Forestry Peat = 2000
    • Coal = 3200
    • Coal Coke = 6400

Liquid

• Lava is not a valid liquid fuel, this is intentional.
    • Creosote Oil = 4800
    • Forestry Bio-Fuel = 32000
    • BuildCraft Fuel = 96000

Speaking of fuel, things have gone in a crazy direction. The recent change to heat rates for Ethanol and Fuel are 1/4 of what they used to be. Good luck heating up any boilers with that. I can kind of see how fuel for combustion engines could take the hit, but this change is very shortsighted. Railcraft has smartly added a config option to adjust it back.

Anyway, I would like to see Ethanol a little more useful. It takes a very long time to make, and it's burned up so fast, it's not a feasable replacement or even supplement to fuel. It's already a multi-step process, but perhaps if there was some way to "enrich" it, or raise it's octane to bring it on par with fuel, it would actually have a use. I realize this is more of a Forestry thing, but the talk about Biofuel reminded me.

I apologize if this questions has been asked and answered. I attempted to do a search on the question, but found no suitable responses. So here goes.

I understand that the ore washing plant uses water to process crushed ore into a more efficient form. Is there any way to automate the water intake process? I am quite tired of filling up buckets and running them back to the machine. So is there a way to automate or a more efficient method of water delivery to keep the machine running constantly? Thank you for your time and answers.

With Buildcraft, you can pump water in. I have 1 Buildcraft pump over a basic 4 block infinite water supply, that can pump enough to keep a high pressure boiler (railcraft), an ore washing plant, and a canning machine fully supplied with water. It's powered by 3 redstone engines, and uses gold waterproof pipes (that is required).

mustangdood

I'm using build 279 currently, but my pattern storage held about 20 patterns...at least, that's about how many things I found were scannable up to a few days ago.

Then again, all the patterns vanished for no discernible reason as well...one day I log in and they were there, the next they were gone.

I appreciate knowing that the limit is more than 2, that's one less question. Thanks for that.

I tried re-making both machines, same result. I scanned a diamond twice, and the storage works. Now I'm wondering if there is only a small list of items that can actually be scanned. For example, Silver ingots and silver dust give the error. If this is working as intended, these machines are totally useless. Given the resources to craft and operate them, if the only purpose is to make iridium ore, why bother?

What's the maximum number of patterns you can store in the pattern storage? I have 2 patterns stored, and now every time I try to scan something, the scanner ends with "!! error !!". It also says "Waiting..no storage" at the bottom, but it is connected to the pattern storage machine, everything is powered, and it has worked twice previously.

If the limit is 2 patterns you can store, how do you delete one? I exported both to crystal memories, but they remained in the pattern storage.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I moved up to build 295, and the reactors are whacky. There has been an update to the reactor UI, which I guess is working.

Nuclear Control is now reporting strange and different data on the advanced information panels. I think some of the components are bugged, so maybe that is part of the problem. My reactor is using a quad uranium fuel rod and thick neutron reflectors, and I don't believe either component is showing the proper wear.

Either way, I don't think nuclear control is working as intended with this new build of IC2 experimental. The reported temperature, and output seems incorrect.

My other panels are working correctly, that are linked to an MFE and an MFSU.

I'm on IC2 Experimental 278. I get the following crash:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Would you like a cupcake?

Time: 10/25/13 4:02 PM
    Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: advsolar/BlockAdvSolarPanel
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:462)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:201)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:181)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:112)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:509)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:183)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:473)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: advsolar.BlockAdvSolarPanel
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:186)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 34 more
    Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: class advsolar.BlockAdvSolarPanel has interface net.minecraft.world.storage.IThreadedFileIO as super class
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:178)
    ... 36 more

I feel like I'm late to the party with Gravitation Suite. I only just discovered it yesterday, and now I feel dirty having to haul around my lappack, nano chest, and jetpack! I'm really looking forward to trying the Advanced Jetpack out.

Since I'm already on 1.62 with everything else, can anyone make a suggestion of another mod that is 1.62 ready, that has an upgrade to the standard Electric Jetpack?

Thank you.