Posts by Zudguard

Am a bit tired of this "EE hate" sure, it can be considered cheating, it has already been said many times, go whine somewhere else.

Not bad Zortag, I don't tend to do this, but it is nice to see something like this. One little thing, you might want to use charcoal as the target in the condenser. only 32 emc compared to the 128 EMC of coal. you can make more of the same EU level fuel.

Sorry Gregorius, there are 20 ticks per second.

"Minecraft's game loop runs at a fixed rate of 20 cycles per second, so one tick happens every 1/20th of a second. An in-game day lasts exactly 24000 ticks, or 20 minutes."

straight from the minecraft wiki.

also, if there were only 10 ticks per second the solar panels would only produce 6525EU per day, not the 13050 they well and truely do. (assuming there isn't any rain to lesson production)

I know full well what I am talking about here, having done numerous calculations using EUs and energy production.

Ah, I found what you were refering to with the 10 ticks a second. redstone repeaters minimum delay is .1 of a second, (or a 1/10 tick as they say in the wiki). As it is I think my 20 ticks a second still stands.

Cobblestone is not on the black list, at least for 1.81. Been using it for ages. and yes it matters where your pipe is. place the input pipe on the top of the machine, preferably an advanced insertion pipe so that you don't have excess cobble fall out of your system.

Hi all

I think i may be able to sort this one out to make it nice and simply, as long as you have the redpower2 mod.

no need to use more than one batbox.

So the setup is a standard batbox with the redstone setting on "never emit energy when redstone is applied".

you then connect it to a not gate so that most of the time a redstone signal is applied thus stopping the flow.

Connected to this not gate you use a timer so that when it provides a signal, the batbox is allowed (momentarily) to emit a few EUs then stopped until the timer comes round again. To adjust the EUs that are emitted just change the length on the timer. A quicker timer will give the batbox more chances (per sec say) to emit EUs and a slower timer will reduce EU output.

Some trial and error is required, but I think this might be a good way to do it. You have a nice regular EU output (compared to slowly transferring energy crystals), and is fairly simple.

you could do this without redpower2, however it would be harder to calibrate the timer to get the required EU output.

Just a quick thankyou to people who come up with these types of ideas. I love bending my head round these issues.

lol, i don't know what that reactor is to be honest. for some weird reason the app has never worked for me, that was just the link i have in my bookmarks.

I use the downloaded version :(

wish i could work out how to get the reactor thing to work properly in browser.

Anyways, you might want to repost in the nuclear engineering section, this is for all things electronic.

goodluck with your design.

oh, in reference to the post giving some other reactor designs, you need to double check the op, he wanted advice on HIS design.

based on what you have said, it looks like the old problem that happened with windmills and watermills and their sound lagging the game out.

best best is to turn the sound off I guess. There might be a way to disable IC2 sounds in the config, but yeah, don't know any more sorry

a few issues with that. I haven't used scaffolding recently, but the last time i used it, i couldn't do what i wanted with it.

MY best recommendation is that you have a go and see how it goes.

Not sure why people are so closed off to the idea that it might (might!) just be better if updates came slower.

Sure, you can choose to not update, as has been stated by the above at any opportunity possible. Constantly updating however has its own problems. To name one, no stable environment in which there are less viable versions of everything, making it easier to pick the right version of a mod and so on.

Rag on me if you want, but I know what I believe. Kudos to you Nate for bringing this up.

with the mob grinder, why would you need to have a large area covered by the tesla?

all i would do is take my dead drop platform, place it on the ground/wherever i want, use the water in it to herd them to the middle and one tesla could take care of it.

No need for an ugly mob grinder tower any more :D :D

Sounds awesome!

I do still recommend some kind of renewable energy source. Because the more constant energy that happens, the smaller storage you will need while away (not to mention you will be able to save more uranium during the mining phase, leaving it for the next stage. Can't make more uranium sadly). But looks like you have everything set up nicely.

a few mods you might like to look at if you haven't already, to help with storage would be iron chests. Fairly easy to automate ingots to blocks, just use diamond pipes and auto crafting benches, although I imagine you know that already. Others include advanced pipes. the advanced insertion pipe is really good with the processing side of this project. and logistics pipes, if you want an easy (once set up) way to make things.

This makes me want to do a similar thing myself, huge amounts of resources, managing multiple quarries, and the input from them. :D

hmmm, interesting.

lots of power storage? I think not! This works better before rain stopped solars, but it could still work.

I am not up to date with energy conversion mods, as it is quite fun to use oil and fuel from bc, but here goes.

Back when I used to feed 32EU/t into a converter for my quarry, (plenty enough power) I would set it up with around 64 solar panels. And enough storage for the production of 32 of them for during the day.

This way, during the day, a MFE would fill up with the excess power (as a batbox would be the power limiter ) then it would discharge during the night. Technically you only need 58 or so due to the day lasting longer than the night, but with rain affecting them now, you might need a few more, and a bit more storage.

A bigger pressing problem I would have if i were to do mining on that scale would be storage of everything. massive chests, and you should have automatic maceration and smelting set up, as you could then turn all the ingots into their bricks to save space, using the BC autotcrafting.

If you do not want to babysit a machine, you can use redpower, or even easier in BC to make it entirely automated. put the raw materials in one chest and the dusts/ingots flow into another. send me a message if you are not sure about it.