Posts by Alblaka

Implementation:relatively easy

Sure, just drop me the code then :O

The idea of a "ranged block placement device" is already in my mind,though i will probably rather use the Block Launcher idea.

I've already coded "Electric Ladders" in form of MetalFences.
    MetalFences can either be used as that (fences) OR to create "Poles". Poles will have a true collison box (not a whole block) and can be used as "fast downwards" way... jumping against one and holding shift will cause Steve to slide down at mediocre speed, without fall damage. It's faster then a ladder and could replace water-dropshafts.

Additionally, you can create a Magnetizer block. If places below or above a pole, it will charge up a pole of max 20 length. Charged poles will accelerate players upwards (quite fast) if they are wearing metal boots (Iron, Gold, Chain, Nano). Without metal boots, they act as casual poles.

I've had loads of fun creating "Obstacle parcours" from this, where you had to use momentum and stuff to get from pole to pole :D

The difference between our mods and the Aether:

Aether is an adventure mod, implementing some new mechanics, throwing a recolored world with slightly different stats at users and providing some challengeds.

Industrial&BuildCraft are sandbox mods, allowing users to build massive new structures. Whereas Minecraft only features redstone (and now Pistons), IC implement complex machinery and Energy Wiring, whereas BuildCraft allows users to construct automated favtorys.

Aether was a hype yes, but i bet my hat IC & BC will last longer, because they provide FAAAR more replayability..

Thus, i will never go for anything similar to Aether. Ask me to add some more crazy futuristic stuff, sure. But no ICther

Now, my favourite setup is 3 Irrigation+3 Cultivators, using a hacked testfile to 100touble the speed.
    Then wait a few min, afterwards put a single Desertification Terraformer in.

Never saw a bigger forest fire XD (Yes, Desertification has a chance to set trees on fire)

if possible, could you keep in touch with SpaceToad, since his is also implementing Oil in BC 2.0.0.
    two types of oil seem kinda stupid :pinch:

They do and we already talked about whether and how would it be possible to merge both Oils.

Quite neat ^^ You could have sped up it by using 2 Irrigation+Cultivation :P

Btw, Chilling appears somewhat bug. Eventually it can't spawn snow in direct sunlight (unless in snow biomes)

Actually i like this idea. I will probably tweek the values, but it sounds reasonable.
    And why not abuse the extremely costly teleporters as stair replacement in futuristic buildinga ^^

And for setting up MinerStations on layer 40 while living in a sky penthouse.

Current ideas regarding Fuel:

You will be capable of harvesting & refining "Fossile Oil". As well, the old coal-fuel and plant-fuel will stay.
    Then you will have a special machine (either Canner or Refining Machine), which can fill various fuels into a single can, resulting in a random, unknown mix, which can either have fatal or super-fueling effects :P

Hmmm... i will note this down as an idea:

Machines create "Entity"-smoke clouds, which will raise to the sky with a few sideward-patterns (f.e. moving to the next free block if above is blocked) and can cause "Smog"-Blocks to be created if it#s not cabale of drifting off (into layer 128+). SMog blocks would only be removeable with... a VACUUM CLEANER (Suck-O-Matic 8is0), be pasable, but with the ability of blocking sight and damaging players...

Amusing idea :D

Hmmm... the idea is good, but there's a minor flaw:
    I assume you intend having larger layers, f.e. a ceiling of this material... However, with the current code this won't work out to well, as the current would split ridicolously often within the field.

The idea isn't bad, i'll probably bug Player about the possibility of this (he's the one in charge of Current Coding).

I also feel lack of endgame applications. i even installed millenaire with sole reason to have something to use ic powers for :)

So, my ideas of Epic Stuff are mostly related to space

1. Artificial Sun.
    2. Space rocket, taking player to another world. "Other world" can be generated same as standard, but with heavy tweaking of parameters different proabability of minerals and biomes, different lengths for days and nights, different sky, etc.
    3. Player is making a settlement for settlers from another planet. kind of millenaire, except player do all himself, and settlers are spawning and despawning just like mobs, so they do not hog cpu, like millenaire, and player can decide what form buildings are (with some limitations). As a "rent", player get "space credits" that can be used to buy things, unavailable otherwise.

This ideas are entirely off. Seriously.

@Original idea:
    Now, with all practicla limits removed, i will gladly add a new "Super"Furnace with the ideas you mentioned... love the warm-up idea.

I've already had a ~45 minute long chat regarding the possibilitys of this idea. We even went as far to discuss whether one could call it a formal Turing-Language XD
    Don't bother working on it, this WILL be a part of IC²... even if it may takes a while.

Actually (retrieved from Archive), this is an EPIC idea.
    Instead of using real programm or script code, we use Blocks to define operations :D

This is MUCH more Minecraft-ish then any Skriptcode, i will exactly implement this for the robots!