Posts by Alblaka

How does one extract the batteries from the MFE then? Simple, remember that change we did to the config file? Any generator (and MFE/MFSU for that matter), will now drop all charged batteries (and Charged Crystals and Charged Lapitron Crystals) into the world. Setting up a vacuum pipe to catch these "runaway batteries" is how one would get them to enter the piping system once more*. ^^

Uhm, how about placing a chest next to the MFE and use a woodpipe to extract the charged batterys (getting stored in the chest instead of kicked into the world) from there?

...if you care about introducing yourself ^^

@Me:
    Alblaka
    xx years Old
    Fan of Programming & Games
    Creator of IC, MeC and M4D
    Fan of Fantasy (Dwaggys! :3) & Sci-Fi

These rules solely apply to all Beta-Testers in the developement team.

- As member of the developement team you do NOT have any special rights in regard of requesting features. Of course you’re free to use your “connections” to suggest features to coders directly, but don’t insist on getting them implemented just “because you’re a part of the team”.
    - All bug reports and discussions for those go into the Bugreports section!
    - Double-check the section before posting a "new bug", eventually it was already brought up.
    - Please always ensure your bug report is useful. This isn't MCF, here you are exspected to give useful and detailed bugreports instead of "DOESNT WORK! HÄÄÄÄLLLPPPP"
    - A bug report should consist of as much information as possible: Version used, SSP/SMP, What you were doing, what was meant to happen, what happened.
    - For crashes, ALWAYS include an errorlog. If you don't know how to retrieve an errorlog, please contact an admin to get your Beta-Tester status revoked, you're wrong here.
    - You're free to drop speculations about how the bug possibly is created. If you got access to the Source Code via decompilation means and actually found the bugged code, feel free to bring it up, WITHOUT posting the actual code. (F.e. "The error is in line xyz of file abc, you forgot a return true there.") Only do this if you actually got a clue of what you're doing though.
    - Don't rant about bugs in publicity outside of this section. If i catch someone spreading rumors about how buggy IC² is...
    - Feel free to unconfirm bugs by other Beta-Testers, but please ensure you truly followed the steps they went through as well, while being incapable of reproducing the bug.

This rules exclusively apply to any sort of visual work, generalized as "sprite" in further text.

- Of course it’s hardly possible to protect sprites from being stolen, but please keep them in the Source Section as well, for organizitation reasons.
    - Any sprites created for IC² is automatically a part of the IC² project and thus copyright’d by me. You’re, if you leave the developement team for any reason, NOT allowed to request removal of your sprites from IC²’s source. (Don’t get worried, this is merely a failsafe for the worst-case scenario.)

The rules mentioned here exclusively apply to Coders of IC².

- The Source Code of IC&IC² is not meant to be public(‘d). Please keep ALL discussions including any part of the Source Code within the Source section. As we’re now a bunch of capable programmers (and not a single half-skilled Java-n00b), I doubt we’ll need to ask for outward help anymore (*hope*).
    - !!! Documentation for whatever you’re writing !!! I don’t ask for pagelong reports, but at least add the basic Javadoc lines to any non-trivial method. As well, it can’t hurt to comment any more-complex algorythms. I’ve worked on IC without much Javadoc, because it was solely my project. But now we’re a team and as such everyone must be capable of instantly understanding each other’s code.
    - Please comply with the common Java conventions, regarding upper/lower-cases and method construction.
    - Coding language is English, this applies to all; names and documentation.
    - ALL new classes of IC² are meant to go into the IC² folder. If one of the classes is named like an original class, add "IC2" after the first name component. F.e. "ItemAxe" => "ItemIC2Axe"
    - Try to keep your code clean and basic. I prefer visibility > small-size.
    - We're open-minded coders, don't use private or final modifiers unless they are enforced necessary to prevent people from coding crashes.
    - Use @Override-Tags! This sounds stupid, but keep in mind, the MC code can change right below our feet. And usually one doesn't notice if a super-method changes it's name, as this doesn't cause crashes. Excessive use of Override-Tags will prevent such things from happening (like they did 2-3 times in the past of IC).
    - You’re free to use your knowledge to implement code written for IC² in your own mods, as long as you don’t copy whole classes. If you do latter one (for a good reason), please mention IC²’s devteam in the credits.
    - IC² will run on MCP-ModLoader-MinecraftForge base. Don’t start going on about Bukkit or other basemods, unless you got extremely good arguments.
    - Do NOT modify basefiles! If you can’t find a way to implement whatever you’re doing without basefile modification, report this and we’ll redirect it to SpaceToad, developer of MinecraftForge. He already added two hooks upon special requests of mine, I doubt he will refrain from adding anything else which appears to be commonly usefull.
    - Any code written for IC² is automatically a part of the IC² project and thus copyright’d by me. You’re, if you leave the developement team for any reason, NOT allowed to request removal of your code from IC²’s source. (Don’t get worried, this is merely a failsafe for the worst-case scenario.)

These rules apply to all people who are directly related to developing any of IC²'s content.

- The project leader of this entire project IS Alblaka. I hope you’re fine with that.
    - As a member of the developement team, you’ve the right to be mentioned in all credits referring to IC² or parts of it. This means, if you ever find someone saying “And thanks Alblaka for this awesome mod” you’re free to punch the crap out of him until he refers to “Thanks to all the IC² developers”.
    - All donations & AdFly revenues we will eventually gain will run over my PP account. Of course everyone will get his fair share of it. We’ll have to talk about the exact %’s, though.
    - IC²’s focus will be SSP. Of course it’s important to further support SMP, too, but if there are major bugs on both sides, SSP got the priority.
    - Please don’t meddle into somebody else’s assigned work! If somebody else is in charge of doing task X, you’re not allowed to start working into that direction as well, though you’re of course free to request being assigned to said task in the Organization section, if you consider it applyable.
    - We all are doing this for fun, glory and IC’s sake. We do not work to release something within a set timeframe, we do not work for the reason of obtaining cash. That’s a rule!
    - After completion of the IC² 1.00 project, the developement team will (obviously) persist for porting, extending and fixing the released mod in the same manners as before it’s release.

Linked rules:
    Coders
    Spriters/Modellers
    Sound Artists

This is a MUST READ for EVERYONE who can actually see this!
    By joining the developement team and contributing to the projects progress you fully accept any of the rules mentioned in this sub-forum.

- The general forum rules apply in here as well.
    - In further, following persons are considered the “IC² Developement Team”: Alblaka (duh), any Admin of the IC forum (in function as moderator of this section), all coders/spriters/modellers (duh x2), IC Supporters (as testers & moderators), Beta-Testers. If you like to, you can interpret this enumeration as "chain of command" in exactly this order.
    - Anything within this forum section is considered secret and may not be shared with anyone outside the developement team (except for public dev reports). You may leak some small hints then and when, but please consider people WILL start bugging you (and everyone else) a lot once that happens to commonly.
    - Exception from upper rule is the "PR Manager"s work, who will periodically release YT-showcases of IC²'s progress. Of course, not before we actually got something to show.
    - Please use proper English as main source of communication.
    - We’re developers, any RL-related informations are irrelevant (Of course this does not mean IC² > RL). This exspecially goes for age. If somebody can behave himself and can code great stuff, I seriously don’t care whether he’s 8 or 28.
    - Please keep, whatever you’re doing/saying, in the right section. This is my first larger-scale software project and i would love to keep it organized. If you’re unsure where your stuff belongs to, it belong into the General Discussion.
    - Do not use AdFly-links in this section. Exceptions are, trivially, links to work of people which aren’t involved in IC²’s developement (we don’t want to undermine their fair gain, do we?).
    - As member of IC²’s developement team, you’re assumed to have a (at least) clue of IC’s ingame-behavior.
    - The specific “Source Code” section is invisible to anyone but forum admins and actual developers, for security reasons (since the requirements for becoming a Beta-Tester aren’t quite high)
    - Infringement of any of these and other rules can cause exclosure from the whole project.
    - Discussions&Questions regarding any of these and other rules go into General Discussion, please.

Linked rules:
    Developers
    Beta-Testers

I've yet to figure out a code-efficient solution for a new cable-models, but i've already decided to include differently colored cables.
    This will, however, conflict with the cable obscurator... thus there will probably be a new cable type, which can not be painted, but obscurated instead.

As i've stated previously, i intend to extend IC's team, which previously only consisted of me, Fean and a few freebies (people doing minor stuff and getting their work implemented).

A list of people i would like to have in the team:

• me as Owner of the mod + Feanturi as Main-Spriter , both obviously
    • 2-3 additional Programmers/coders [found]
    • eventually 1 additional spriter/skinner, in case Feanturi turns lazy again xD
    • somebody capable of modell'ing (not necessaryly skinning) mobs/entities [found]
    • somebody capable of modell'ing block-code
    • somebody capable of creating/searching/modifying sound files
    • a group of designated Beta-Testers [We got 10, should be sufficient]
    • a skilled YouTube-showcaser with proper spoken English, a good mic and experience for PR-purpouses [found]

Note: This is just a general list. If we find a coder who is as well good in modelling, he can easyly check multiple of the points mentioned here.

If you want to apply:
    Post a single post in this thread.
    Please do not post discussion or anything but applys in this thread!
    For your application, please provide following Information:

- Name/Nick (just something to call you with)
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them)
    - Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-x
    - The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do?
    - Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours.

Notes:
    - Don't complain if you're not accepted. There's a ridicolous amount of people following IC and probably intending to help to their best. I can't accept them all, though.
    - You won't be "denied access" unless you actually fail quite hard within the forum. However, it may take long-infinite until you are invited into the team if there are (i'm honest here) "better choices".
    - Posting in this thread more then once will instantly trigger the "denieg access" mentioned above.

Anyone who already is / was working for IC and wants to start/continue working on IC², pls leave a post here, as well.

PS: Currently my PC has no internet and my laptop is a pain to use. Please don't worry because i accept applications right now, i will do this once i've got the subforum up, some organisation going and a real PC with Inet again XD
    PS: Meh... there are 5 people signing up for coders, but i merely need 1 or 2 more ^^' This will be a hard decision

Nano-Suit will futurely be ported to SMP as well, thus the discussion is valid.

A anti-nano weapon is actually a great idea, and with some MeC code i can easyly implement it.
    As well, i've intended to add an energy-based "lightsword" type weapon either way... and actually Nano-Sword sounds way to cool, NOT to take it...
    Eventually i will code it to deal ~15 Base damage, Triple'd agaisnt NanoArmor. Additionally, this base damage would scale down with Consumed Energy of the weapon.
    Half durability = Only half the damage.
    this would cause the weapon to be solely powerful if you constantly recharge it in a Crystal Charger.

Fair tradeoff?

Cables will probably be recoded to allow "infinite" amount of splits (thus, at max 5).
    This way you can easyly split a cable into 5, wire 4 together with relays again, reaching a 20% - 80% split. I will consider adding a splitblock in the ² Update, though... the idea isn't entirely off.

This is a quite great idea of how to implement easy elevators.
    I could effectively store the data of a whole ladder in the metadata of a single ladder (the lowest block), minimizing calculation usage. And the acceleration itself could be easly coded via collisiondetection. I assume a ladder having an empty pit below it would turn into a high-speed-death-trap, but that's it XD