Posts by DanielPSp

Hi!
    First of, AWESOME MOD! keep up the good work, cause this is so awesome!

I have been playing with this mod for a while now, and i think you guys have been doing really good work!
    I am a boy aged 17 and i go too school, my class is "elenergi VG2" We learn about energy transport (electricity) and such things. The most awesome thing is that things we learn at school, can be used within this mod!
    Back to topic... Hehe.
    We have been talking about nuclear reactors, and I have been studying nuclear reactors on my own. And I have been watched allot of films on Youtube about nuclear reactors.
    I have now learned about how they work, and i think that reactors in IC should be a little more advanced. So that you HAVE to know how things work to use it because nuclear reactors in real are really advanced. Then i think they also should be in IC. This way of doing it would make the nuclear engineering much more complicated! And that would be awesome!

If you want, I can try to explain how a reactor work's. But I really think you will learn more from this video LINK PS: at 2:12 he explains how the heat is used to produce energy

The cooling system and transporting heat to an generator:
    * Water pipe. A pipe that is used to extract hot water from the reactor (through the heat extractor block).
    * Water coolant block. It cools when feed with EU's. Hot water is sent into the block (through water pipes), and out comes the cooled water through water pipes
    * Water pump. A block that is used to circulate water through pipes. Also runs on EU's
    * Steam generator. The hot water needs to be converted to high pressured steam, this block does that!
    * Steam pipes. Used to transport steam.
    * Generator which runs on steam. A generator that is feed with steam, and out comes lot's of EU's!
    * Steam coolant block. This makes steam into water (feed with eu's) Maybe this could be the same as water coolant block?

The reactor itself:
    * Reactor block. This is where the reaction will be. On top or bottom the "Rod controller block" will be. This block will control how much heat the reactor will create. On the sides multiple heat extractors can be placed(more heat extractors=more balanced reactor+more heat extracted and transformed into EU's). The uran feeder should be on top or bottom.
    * Rod controller block. The block that controls the Reactor block with how many uran cells should be set together(controlled via redstone, GUI interface, or the upcomming 'computer'?)
    * Uran feed (maybe). A block that's automatically feed the reactor with uran. (controlled via redstone, GUI interface, or the upcoming 'computer'?)
    * Heat extractor block. Inputs from a pipe that caries water. Then it takes heat from the reactor block and sends hot water out a another pipe.

Balancing:
    As you can see the system does not only produce EU's. It also uses EU's!
    Block's that uses EU's:
    1. Water coolant block uses 4 EU/t
    2. Water pump uses 2 EU/t
    3. Steam coolant block (maybe) uses 4 EU/t

The steam generator generates EU's based on how hot+what preassure the steam is.
    EU=S*P
    EU=energy units
    S=How hot the steam is
    P=how high is the preasure.

Recipes:

(dot's = nothing/air)

water pipe x12:
    G G G
    . . .
    . . .
    G=reinforced glass

Water coolant block
    C E C
    W M W
    W W W
    C=Coolant cell, E= Electronic circuit, M=machine block, W=Water pipe

Water pump
    R R R
    W P W
    R R R
    R=refined iron, P=pump, W=Water pipe

Steam generator:
    R W R
    S C S
    R W R
    R=Refined Iron, W=water pipe, S=Steam pipe, C=compressor

Steam pipes X12:
    . G .
    . G .
    . G .
    G=Reinforced glass

Generator that runs on steam
    . E .
    S G S
    R R R
    E=electronic circuit, S=Steam pipe, G=Generator, R=Refined Iron

Steam cooland block (maybe)
    R E R
    S M S
    S S S
    R=Refined Iron, E= Electronic circuit, M=machine block, S=steam pipe

Reactor block.
    Same as before

Rod controller block
    . . R
    E M R
    . . P
    E=electronic circuit, R=refined iron, M=machine block, P=Piston

Uran feed block (maybe)
    . C .
    E P .
    . M .
    C=empty cell, E=Electronic circuit, P=Piston, M=machine block

Heat extractor block
    W W W
    I I I
    W W W
    W=water pipe, I=Integrated heat dispenser

Another info:
    * The water pipes makes the water loose heat per block. The same with steam pipe but does not loose pressure (pressure is defined after how many steam generators you have.
    * When the reactor get too hot, every block connected to it will break, IF the reactor is not shut of, it will explode like it does now.
    * Touching hot water within water pipes or hot steam within steam pipes will hurt you.
    * If you have water next to the reactor block it will cool down the reactor.(like before)

Please give my idea constructive critic! I and many more(?) would love to see this ingame!
    Thank you for reading!

EDIT: fixed youtube link.