Posts by srook2

I tried those settings and it wasn't getting quite enough time to cool down completely so I adjusted the off time to 32s. It only gets up to 79% heat instead of 85% as it had been. I'll monitor the reinforced stone around it and let you know if that seems to have fixed it. Thanks again for your help! You've been too kind.

So I've been running the last design I posted for a few hours and it's stable, but it appears to be destroying nearby blocks of reinforced concrete. Is that supposed to happen? If so, how do I avoid it?

I checked out the design you were talking about. I may incorporate that one for running my mass fab unit. The efficiency isn't so great but that's outstanding output. I'd been through that thread a few times but hadn't noticed a 420 EU/t Mark I. Thanks for the heads-up!

I was screwing around some more with the reactor planner last night and came up with this design which yields an effective 252.3 EU/t. Any idea what the upper limit is on a zero-cost Mark V?

Edit: Your link worked fine and thanks for sharing it. I'll play around some with that type of design and see what I can come up with.

Let me start by saying that I'm fairly new to reactor design. I've built a couple in the past and I've never blown one up (knock on wood), but I can't shake the feeling that I'm missing something.

I just designed this reactor. It's a Mark V EA* and puts out 170 EU/T effective on a 24s on/ 36s off cycle. It's stable and very efficient (EA*) but I'd love to hear input on how I can improve the design, especially with an eye toward a higher effective EU/T. Thanks!

Here's the first part of the report for Advanced Machines. The whole thing wouldn't fit because of the character limit:

First of all, if I should be posting these questions on the thread for the add-ons themselves, let me know and I'll do so. Thanks!

I'm creating a new 1.7.10 instance in MMC and using Forge version 10.13.2.1307. I've also tried version 1291. When I add IC2 itself (version 2.2.2-691), everything works fine. I can add 35 other mods and there's still lots of HAYO!

When I try to start the same instance with Advanced Machines 1.1.3 (the latest version), I get the following:

When I try to start the instance with Compact Solars version 4.4.39.315 (also the latest version), I get this error message:

Now you're just making stuff up, Compact Solars. I'm running IC2 2.2.2.

Thanks for replying. I hadn't tried removing the dependencies one at a time, and another set of eyeballs looking at the problem was exactly what I needed.

It's apparently Transformer Converters Alpha that's spawning the ore. And when I say "stupidly huge quantities", I mean it. It's literally everywhere; there are probably a dozen or more veins per chunk and it's displacing other ore spawns. There's no option in that mod's .cfg file to change ore generation, so I guess I better ask him to put it in.

I'm using a custom mod pack and finding two different types of silver ore. One is the type I'm used to seeing; I'm pretty sure that's from Thermal Expansion. The other type of ore is one I don't remember seeing, and it generates in stupidly huge quantities. It's called "silver ore block.name" and its block ID is 2502 in NEI.

I've generated about 20 worlds, going through my pack and disabling one mod at a time trying to figure out which one it comes from. When I removed IC2 and its dependent mods (Compact Solar Arrays, Advanced Machines, Transducers, and Transformer Converters Alpha), the ore stopped spawning.

Is IC2 generating silver ore now? If not, what mod is generating this and why am I only able to stop generating it by disabling IC2? If this is an IC2 ore, how do I adjust the generation rates? There doesn't seem to be an option for that in the .cfg file.

I'm using IC2 2.0.397. I'm also using Project: Red, Railcraft, Thaumcraft, and Thermal Expansion, but I don't think it's coming from any of those mods. Disabling them did nothing to stop the ore from spawning.

I'm probably just doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get this to power a quarry. I'm using 1.6.4 and the latest versions of IC2, Buildcraft, and this mod. I have a geothermal generator connected with copper wire to a low voltage electric engine, then I've connected the engine to the quarry with wooden kinesis pipe. The engine appears to run when I flip the switch and it drains power from the generator, but the quarry doesn't operate at all. Is this my mistake or a bug?

Screenshot of my setup: