Posts by Nonotan

Nexey, I am fairly certain your data is stored by UUID rather than actual game name.

Explain why the Iron Furnace nerfing is necessary? What is the point, besides increasing grind and in the process making them not recycle properly?

RTG pellets are also not 10 grams IRL. Saying "we are not talking about making sense" is not a proper justification for completely unnecessary changes.

Circuit requirement is a pretty damn big deal when you consider for example that Good circuits require assembler and Advanced circuits require MV tech - your recipes require circuits one tier higher than the other GT machines of same voltage.

"Creates balance problems" is a nice way of telling you that your changes create a dupe. Unfortunately you are quick to dismiss the criticism as "Lie".

If it was truly only additional recipes, and they respected the materialproperties of the item, then sure. But they aren't.

Reinforced Bricks were not meant to be recyclable as the original recipe used advanced alloy, which is of variable composition. Ask Bloody to define its value in base GT if the current method of manufacture is a vanilla change.

I have a feature request: If a cable melts down due to overamperage or similar, could nearby machines get a brief period (5-10s) of immunity from exploding due to environmental fire? Right now if you are unlucky, if a cable melts down then a nearby machine could instantly explode as a result of the fire spawned by the cable melting, not giving you enough time to even put the fire out.

If there was proper source control and transparency half the problems would not have happened.

I would love to buy them Nono, if iron golems are not nerfed I'll be able to pay in iron blocks in a little (or long) while. The most expensive things I have are iron, a chest worth of glass and one flawless gem (can't remember which one). I've also the coords of some neodymium veins in the Nether if you're interested. Or I can sell you ink sacs :p

Pay me by agreement to share the information about all possible exploits or imbalanced features you can think of whether it is with my script or another script on this server, and you can have them. It is a 2x2 structure. I can throw some other early game mats at you if you want.
    All my items exploded, so I can no longer sell you that BBF.

I did not know GT was tweaked.

What did you think the problem was? lol

My vote is on removing the vast majority of tweaks and only keeping those that have an actual purpose besides "make it harder just because". A fair tweak that I'm 50/50 about would for example be the new jetpack recipe, which is actually doable in MV age with a bit of work. However, as the advanced circuit already requires MV in GT, this tweak doesn't do much in terms of balance.

EDIT> I would also like to point out that as GT5 is still in development, it is very difficult to properly report bugs to BloodyAsp if the mod is tweaked. Most if not all of the balance/tech tree issues encountered thus far have all been due to the MT script and not GT5, with the sole exception being the battery alloy ratio. This is another reason why tweaking GT substantially is bad - we have direct access to the developer, if something is wrong with the mod's balance, he can fix it in the base game.

People who have contributed with scripts are on the thanks list in the thread for a reason. Spacey didn't sign up for anything. I ask you stop acting like spacey has responsibilities that he doesn't.

Why is someone making changes not responsible for their own script? Why does he have mod status, when he threatens to ban me for asking him to fix his script? My TC script is the same size as every other script combined and you don't see people whining about my script every hour. When a change is proposed I implement it or have a discussion about why it's bad. When a problem occurs I try to fix it ASAP instead of insulting people by calling them weak-minded and lacking in critical thinking.

I see a lot of yapping about detrimental effects but evidence for very little.

Look at the chat. Look at server logs. Every single day at least half the discussion revolves around the negative effects of changes made by Airam. Even the guy who literally develops GregTech wants them removed and Airam continuously insists on having them. Most of them are poorly thought out, poorly balanced, and poorly implemented, messing up the tech tree, messing up the desirability of certain items in a way that makes them completely worthless, and often is totally inconsistent with every other GT recipe.

What is the purpose of these tweaks? To make GT harder just because you can? Is the GT tech tree inherently imbalanced? Most of the tweaks should not exist because they literally only serve the purpose of changing a recipe for the worse for no real meaningful reason.

Also, download my tweaks again and reload it. I can't figure out what the problem is as it loads in single player, so maybe something went wrong in the process of saving and packing, which should not happen again.

As for "don't fix what's not broken", why not apply that to vanilla GT? Vanilla GT is fine, why are there scripts to "fix" it that are clearly not tested or thought through?

My opinion is that if you have the time to tweak something, you have time to actually explain what you are doing, why you are doing it, and to prove that you actually thought the change through rather than just changing it because you can. Most of Airam's tweaks right now look haphazard, are inconsistent with the rest of GT, and often create loops/material dupe exploits. I can't see anyone with reasonable suggestions objecting to doing that - perhaps you had what seems like a good idea, but the process of writing down those things will let you think over everything. IMO if you cannot even spend <5 minutes to explain what you are doing, you shouldn't be implementing something that can potentially wash countless hours of gameplay down the drain.

He signed up to tweak GT. In exchange for the ability to modify the gameplay experience, he should be responsible for maintaining his own work and fixing problems that arise as a result of what he has done. I don't see how it is fair that he is effectively in a position to detrimentally affect gameplay for 20+ people while having ZERO responsibility whatsoever.

Pack your stuff up guys, apparently Airam is charging us in order for him to fix his script now.

Most of the complaining happens in in-game chat and IRC which is probably why you didn't see it.

My proposal is:
    - Fix all outstanding bugs
    - Poll the changes on spreadsheet
    - Disable changes that the majority of players do not want

For the future, when a change is proposed:
    1. Draft the change and explain what it is - If the change is significant or affects game balance adversely, further elaborate what the goal of implementation is, and what the effects of implementing it will be
    2. Poll the change.
    3. If the vast majority of players either do not mind or want it, then write the relevant code and test it in SSP, or possibly on a test server (as we have free server slot now)
    4. Once it is deemed bug-free, release to KR.
    5. If said change severely penalizes certain players in a way that they could not have anticipated, or requires the removal of certain blocks/items from their base/possession, compensate them properly.

For example, a significant change:

Compact solars: Solar panels will now be compressible to a higher tier in an assembling machine, e.g. 8 1V solar panels + 1 ULV transformer + 1440mB red alloy makes one 8V solar panel.
    Goal: Allow for more compact base and power supply without adversely affecting the balance, as well as reducing potential server lag and memory consumption from chunkloading large solar farms. The molten red alloy and transformer simulates the red alloy wire and transformer required to create a multiblock solar structure outputting 8V 1A.
    Effects: Players will be able to compress their solar panels. This is typically quite overpowered if scaled to a high enough level, but the adjusted cost will mean it does not consume less resources to build than an actual multiblock solar, and thus will not be a significant balance concern.

And an insignificant change:

Bowl: This will allow users to craft a bowl from three wood planks.

The fact only one person actually complained about it proves it's more of a personal problem towards Airam than actually asking kindly to remove / redo these tweaks, and propose a solution that is not keeping the tweaker from GT5.

For one, you can't seem to count. Almost half the playerbase complains about the tweaks publicly, and I'm sure of the remainder a lot are not satisfied. Additionally, I proposed a solution, reiterated it numerous times, only to have it be completely dismissed because "we don't need this much effort to be required for running the server".

Kosyak, since I'm speaking of you, I hope no offense is taken but telling someone how to do his job isn't a great act. And keep in mind Airam isn't Arch, so you can't expect him to be as great as Arch.

I'm going to interject and say that while I don't expect Airam to be like Arch in any significant capacity, he doesn't even put forth the minimal effort to at least come across as being professional. Many loops/exploits exist in the scripts as the direct result of them being pushed onto live with little or no testing or planning, and he has literally stated things like "I am too lazy to make a changelog", "I am a player so I have no responsibilities", and continuously spends time flying around everywhere in creative instead of updating his script and fixing the outstanding problems. Many of the problems are fixable in under 5 minutes and I can do them in my own script, but I find it absurd that he is not taking responsibility for his own mess.

It is true that he has undone the most egregious changes that the community has objected to, but it doesn't seem like he is actually interested in correcting the problem, only to make the playerbase shut up and not complain.

You (and everybody else) must stay respectful, write kindly and recognize the stuff Airam has done, even if he's provoked some accident recently and did some mistakes.

I believe ignoring criticism is a much bigger dick move than anything we've done.

Arch was overbuned with all the people saying what was going wrong and complaining ALL THE TIME, so overbuned that he actually thought of leaving Kirara and stop funding the servers. I don't want to see another admin / mod / tweaker / whatever Airam is being infuriated, stressed out or even on the verge of throwing everything away.

No offense intended, but Airam can go MIA today and I can do his job no problem. Whereas if you asked me to replace Arch I would not even attempt. You are grossly exaggerating his personal significance in keeping the server going. He has done a lot of changes and that takes effort, but all of that was done with zero feedback, zero consultation, and the fact that many things are so drastically changed was not in any way advertised to the users who signed up. Of course people will be dissatisfied. It may seem like nobody appreciates his hard work from Airam's perspective, and he will perceive it as unfair, but this is the direct result of his own actions (or more specifically, inaction).

My point was to make craft less efficient at the start of the game and then, when you'll get tech stuff it'll be way more efficient to craft. Also, in my opinion, assembler is underused for trivial stuff (such as chest, clock etc).

i agree with this point and in fact suggested the very same thing for KHC - the problem is, this isn't KHC. Most players want the vanilla/IC2/GT experience to be what it says on the tin (which allows them to follow the many tutorials available), rather than having to look through NEI for 9 hours to figure things out. Things like nerfing rain tanks/RC iron tanks/Forestry machines make sense from a balance perspective - you will notice I never complained about those changes unless there is a big problem like carpenter not taking water liquid.

It seems that Dark Oak (which is a vanilla wood type) will count as wood for starting the charcoal pit fire, but does not get turned into charcoal when the process is finished.

Has anyone else noticed igneous extruder > matter condenser > recycler?

I meatballed about 1000 igneous extruders for Be+D which is excessive but I want to see it built for science. Maybe a bunch of simple TE machines don't add much load if TE is properly optimized.

The GT dev is not responsible for balancing around intermod exploits. Server admins and pack owners are the ones who need to blacklist items properly.

Who nerfed Wrought Iron to require a Compressor? It is completely unnecessary to make ingots require compressor to craft from nuggets. Wrought iron is obsolete by the time you craft a compressor. This effectively removes the material from the game progression.

v0.5 had to be tweaked for the release due to BoP being removed, and thus was delayed.

// Changelog:
    // v0.5r:
    // - All BoP related tweaks disabled, as BoP is no longer in the modpack.
    // - Due to the void left by BoP items no longer being accessible, unobtainable GT materials will be used as a placeholder.
    // v0.5:
    // - Convenience recipe for tilled farmland block added
    // - Disabled infusion enchanting
    // - Added recipes to create enchanted books for the missing enchantments
    // - Advances in the mechanical processing of living creatures has improved the efficiency of pixie pulverization
    // - All enchantments now researched separately
    // - Jar labels now have an alternative assembling machine recipe
    // - Vis stone research added
    // - Flesh golems no longer give warp upon crafting
    // - Potion brewing added
    // - Arcane Bellows nerfed
    // - Fixed some vanilla localization issues
    // - Sanitized tweak code to make it easier to maintain
    // - Certain nonrenewable BoP materials like river cane can now be transmuted
    // - Tiny fluid pipes may be converted to essentia tubes in assembler using thaumium
    // - Tiered the wands based on GT metals as per suggestion
    // - Added aspects to more items and blocks that do not have any
    // - Ash stone and many other BoP blocks now can be processed
    // - Some dusts like volcanic ashes and siltstone dust are now obtainable
    // - Fixed some lore issues
    // - Fixed some research being set to secondary when they should not be
    // - Nerfed lava transmutation to prevent some exploits
    // - Added a few more endgame research items