[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• It seems that Dark Oak (which is a vanilla wood type) will count as wood for starting the charcoal pit fire, but does not get turned into charcoal when the process is finished.

Has anyone else noticed igneous extruder > matter condenser > recycler?

I meatballed about 1000 igneous extruders for Be+D which is excessive but I want to see it built for science. Maybe a bunch of simple TE machines don't add much load if TE is properly optimized.

The GT dev is not responsible for balancing around intermod exploits. Server admins and pack owners are the ones who need to blacklist items properly.

• I

It seems that Dark Oak (which is a vanilla wood type) will count as wood for starting the charcoal pit fire, but does not get turned into charcoal when the process is finished.

The GT dev is not responsible for balancing around intermod exploits. Server admins and pack owners are the ones who need to blacklist items properly.

've had this too! I made the biggest possible Pit filled it with dark oak-> The Igniter runs for ages, but nohing happens with the oak.If you use a scnner it gets no errors but the remaining cycle time stays at 620s. Funny thing to notice, if you replace the dark aok with other logs they instant onvert to charcoal :thumbup: Have done this serveral times!

• The GT dev is not responsible for balancing around intermod exploits. Server admins and pack owners are the ones who need to blacklist items properly.

Are you saying it's an exploit? I know I'm not. I made this pack from the ground up and I could easily blacklist whatever I want. I don't see it as an exploit though. It's expensive, it takes effort, and if it doesn't compromise the server then I'll do it. I was posting here explicitly asking if anyone else has done it because there aren't any other mods that I'm aware of that even have practical uses for a thousand tile entity projects.

• Anyone know if you can grow steeleaf plants with anything other than a block of steeleaf under them? We don't have twilight forest but we do have steeleafs from crossbreeding.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• There is only forestry in the stacktrace. So go to them first.

James Mitchell<notifications@github.com>
    Mezz:

Thanks for the report!
    I'm pretty sure this is a GT5 issue, please report here:
    https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues

Forestry bees and Magic Bees bees are working fine, but the GT bees are returning null there for some reason.
    I assume there is a mistake in the way they are created.
    Anyway, it has been reported to their Github so let's keep conversation there.

• there's a crash with 'clay bees' too, according to several of my players, but apparently none of them will report it themselves and I haven't encountered it (I don't use bees) so... ask Bear or Xarses or Jerome, I think those are the three affected.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• yes Clay bees. when a clay drone and princess are combined crashes the game every time. I have tin bees that have caused no issue. they where made with forestry 3 before the the last GT update, but with the newest GT and forestry 4.1 new creations crash. also the clay bees are way to easy to create.
    I never reported because of the crash log showing only forestry issues, but knowing it was a GT problem.

• How do you simulate your nuclear reactors?
    There's the old reactor planner, but with the massive changes IC2E and GT5u I'm not sure how accurate it is anymore, and I'd hate to blow up my base because the planner was outdated.

• Official Post

How do you simulate your nuclear reactors?
    There's the old reactor planner, but with the massive changes IC2E and GT5u I'm not sure how accurate it is anymore, and I'd hate to blow up my base because the planner was outdated.

The new reactor planner: IC2 Experimental Reactor Planner open beta

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• What are the normal/expected recipes for wrought iron ingots in GT5.09?
    When I put iron ingot in furnace it produce iron nuggets. Though, I can not figure what other mods could override wrought iron recipes.

• tron nuggets in furnace, till you get an arch furnace. then you can do ingots

That's stupidly unbalanced given you need wrought iron for LV/ULV machines.
    Sorry @bloodasp, I can't understand what you where thinking when making LV and ULV machines require wrought iron and forcing a blast or arc furnace.
    Wrought iron is the most basic and older use of iron in forges by smiths.

Why was wrought iron introduced as a material then?

I will fix these recipes with minetweaker.
    Wrought iron is not a material on its own. It define the way you work with iron in a forge.
    Same as pig iron that came as a material a few months ago. Pig iron is cast iron in small ingots all interconnected from a single cast thread like piglets suckling their saw.

Now look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrought_iron
    The idea of a low tech ironwork is nice and good. But then make it not require high tech machinery to produce and work with.

• A few extra things I'd like to point out:
    1. It's possible to make steel from regular iron (without making wrought iron as an intermediate step), it's just slower (25 seconds in an electric blast furnace at MV, 64 seconds with a Railcraft blast furnace, or 360 seconds with a bronze plated blast furnace, plus if you have Thaumcraft I think GregTech 5 adds a crucible recipe for steel nuggets that can be researched)
    2. The GregTech processing recipes for wrought iron and steel via arc furnace and electric blast furnace have been there since before Blood Asp started the unofficial port (so it doesn't make sense to blame Blood Asp).

• Anyone had a list of all the materials you can make turbine rotors out of and their efficiencies and such? :)

Quoted from "zorn":

• Nope and no one has bothered because a turbine overhaul has been due at any moment for over a month.

Use NEI and take note of attractive rotors. Right now tsteel is the only viable option.

• No, Iridium is a good option, too. Still not very durable, im switching to single block generators which are superior in all ways other than efficency, but even that gets offset by the strugle to fill plasma turbines with the right amount of plasma.

• No, Iridium is a good option, too. Still not very durable, im switching to single block generators which are superior in all ways other than efficency, but even that gets offset by the strugle to fill plasma turbines with the right amount of plasma.

I never had any issues with it. If anything it was a lot easier than the two previous LHE+4 turbine setups I made because the flow rates were so low the plumbing problems were nonexistent. From there you just need to know how to calculate flow rates (round up with mB/t and assume the number closest to the stated optimal EU/t rate is the actual optimal EU/t). 7 mB/t? ez peezy. Being able to buffer a huge amount of plasma and EU also makes EU management and reactor and turbine pulsing very easy.

Single blocks are like half efficient at best. I'd rather not lose that much. I may consider it for remote EU if Be+D is as good as I expect it to be.

• Anyone had a list of all the materials you can make turbine rotors out of and their efficiencies and such? :)

I've checked all rotor materials. Only Neutronium is better than TSteel.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft