[Kirara 3.0] - A series of well-made GT hardmode servers. --- Official Random Thread.

• Awesome!

Can't wait for server start.

Might have missed it in the posts for which I appologize but when is the release time of the server (CET)? I know you probably have it up already for testing and stuff but I mean the actual start with the reset.

• You mean the Base where we had a Super Node in out Thaumcraft Room? Or do you mean my Underwater Base? Because if it is the later one, did you go there while SpwnX has placed Galacticraft Junk in the Base?

The first one, I'm not aware of galactic junk in your new base. Also there wasn't any free crops to harvest at your new base so I never came there... :p

Can somebody give me the modpack (config, scripts and mods) as the connection at my student's room is better than my actual house ?
    For instance, I've tried downloading infinity evolved 5 times this week end, each time took 3 hours each and one went to the end, but the rar file of the modpack was corrupted so it failed as well. When I crashed at my student's room, it has been downloaded in one minute, no problem at all. So please. I need it. Now. Or else :Reactor: :Nuke TNT:

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• I'm downloading the mods to KR right now, and although there are things I don't like for the sake of simplicity, I must say there are a lot of mods in here I've wanted to be on Kirara for a long time. I like the list.

• Double post because unrelated.

My thoughts on the modlist after derping around (note that I don't mind mods staying in if enough people want them, just giving an opinion):

I miss EBXL. That said, it's pretty ugly nowadays. I've never liked biome mods in general, but I think BoP is the lesser of these evils.
    I love the quirky little mods such as Better Records.
    I think that Chisel has become overused and bloated. I was one of the original people who wanted it on the first Kirara 1.7 server, but now I'm up in the air about it's excessive ubiquity.
    Love that Multipart is included. Especially since Grag hates it.
    Iron Chests is a bit redundant and unecessary.
    Love that OpenComputers is in. It's a good mod, and pretty well balanced.
    I love Fog and his work, but I agree that IHL is a bit of a mess atm. All it needs though is a good texturepack and clear focus.
    I love Smartmoving, but I remember it being an issue with some players.
    Twilight Forest is a fun mod, but unbalanced and out of place.
    Ztones is love. Ztones is life.
    I've tolerated Underground Biomes, and I'm willing to tolerate it again. That said, I think it's an ugly mod.
    Steve's Carts is amazing, but I fear the balance issues it will bring.

All in all, I like the new direction, but I think the pack could be trimmed down if people are willing. If not, it's still perfectly fine. If it were my personal pack, I'd remove EBXL, Iron Chests, Twilight Forest, Steve's Carts, Underground Biomes and Chisel.

EDIT: This fucking door mod makes me excited in my pants right now. I love it.

• Steve's Carts is amazing, but I fear the balance issues it will bring.

I thought Steve's Carts was voted against by majority? It's severely overpowered with respect to every other tech mod, you can bypass so much.

• Steve's carts was voted out but still remains in the pack despite majority opposition, and AFAIK has not been properly tweaked.

Is chisel a very laggy mod? Are you referring to this Chisel, or Chisel 2, which is the actual chisel fork with a poor reputation? What are your opinions on the 2 different chisel mods?

Does GT5 not have chests?

What part of TF is unbalanced? Since nobody else is tweaking it I have TF changes embedded in my TC tweak script. If you list off the issues you have with TF I can tweak them appropriately.

• Democracy is a rule of majority, but majority isn't always right. It usually isn't right. That is why we have people who vote and those who count votes. Good thing democracy has people who will always fix mistakes of majority, right?
    I also do not like tactics like that. You put something on vote and when people vote against you force push it in. What was the point of voting anyway? "People seem to not like my mod, well, screw them. They do not know greatness of Steves Cart's anyway!".

I holded this in, because I am well aware that there are people who make decisions regardless of opinion, but when I saw someone to move this topic I had to vent myself.

• Official Post

Those are only bad because people tend to spam them. In general they are just like multiple regular Block Models in one thing. So if you have two Microparts in one place, it is worse than a Carpenters Block. Microblocks also have the downside of rendering Sides occluded by other Microblocks, so placing two Microblocks adjacent to each other (like Wall Panels) is already worse than Carpenters Blocks.

But in both cases it is the amount of Render Updates in the 16x16x16-Sub-Chunk that causes this kind of Lag, and Render Updates only happen if you place/remove a Block, or if Redstone changes, or if a Machine starts/stops, and that can only happen once per tick at most.

• I particularly liked keda's articulated and thoughtful reply from yesterday. Part of that reply should shed some light on one or two mods being discussed. Quoted above.

For the record, I don't like that there are so many deco mods in the pack (doors mod?!?!), nor do I like forge multiparts. I am still scratching my head (from the last kirara onwards) on why TC is adamantly staying on this pack. People with Net connection issues (e.g., me) won't find use or utility with mods like better records... I can go on, but like Pyrolusite said, I won't be playing on the server, so I am not personally invested in which mods make it in, or out of this pack, despite my own personal misgivings on them. I also do not have the liberty of time IRL, to debate for extended periods of time on any of these mods/topics.

But as someone who knows them well, and as their well wisher, I wish keda and Airam, all the luck in the world for the task they've set themselves against.

EDIT: Thanks also to greg, for sharing your thoughts on forge multiparts and other deco mods in the last two pages.

• I'm not a huge fan of bibliocraft, I only use it for the tape and for the machines to copy enchanted books. Every other decoration mod is fine to me, as a chisel block causes as much lag as a block of cobble placed (it may vary if the block has some animations going on and if it has connected textures)

• I was surprised Steve's Carts were in the pack, as it's not that difficult to get self sustaining wood farm with them. I was even more surprised it has not been tweaked in any way.

Twillight Forest can be overpowered with easily accessible redstone, diamonds and lapis. It is also more suitable for smaller servers where stuff doesn't get looted/killed so easily for others.

EDIT: I downloaded CC+ATG+EXB and used the configs posted here. The terrain looks a bit strange and barren. Might be bad luck on place selection. That's with 32 chunk distance btw.

• I thought Steve's Carts was voted against by majority? It's severely overpowered with respect to every other tech mod, you can bypass so much.

Yeah, although I believe it is one of the best mods out there, it really doesn't fit in this pack.

Is chisel a very laggy mod? Are you referring to this Chisel, or Chisel 2, which is the actual chisel fork with a poor reputation? What are your opinions on the 2 different chisel mods?

It isn't laggy, which is why I do not oppose it staying. I just think that it really tends to be overused, as people just use chisel blocks instead of coming up with creative builds. It's entirely a server asthetic thing for me, due to how bloated the number of chisel blocks have becomes. As for the two chisel mods, I really don't know the difference between them.

Does GT5 not have chests?

Exactly why Iron Chests is redundant. Besides, GT chests are more expensive and made obsolete by iron chests.

What part of TF is unbalanced? Since nobody else is tweaking it I have TF changes embedded in my TC tweak script. If you list off the issues you have with TF I can tweak them appropriately.

I haven't tested it in this pack, but I was thinking about the amount of ore you can get in the TF. Also, iirc it has a lot of lag issues serverside. I could be wrong.

Democracy is a rule of majority, but majority isn't always right. It usually isn't right. That is why we have people who vote and those who count votes. Good thing democracy has people who will always fix mistakes of majority, right?
    I also do not like tactics like that. You put something on vote and when people vote against you force push it in. What was the point of voting anyway? "People seem to not like my mod, well, screw them. They do not know greatness of Steves Cart's anyway!".

I holded this in, because I am well aware that there are people who make decisions regardless of opinion, but when I saw someone to move this topic I had to vent myself.

Although I agree with you, I see no reason to fight over the modlist, which is why I'm stressing that I don't care if a mod I don't like is included, as long as people want it.

Those are only bad because people tend to spam them. In general they are just like multiple regular Block Models in one thing. So if you have two Microparts in one place, it is worse than a Carpenters Block. Microblocks also have the downside of rendering Sides occluded by other Microblocks, so placing two Microblocks adjacent to each other (like Wall Panels) is already worse than Carpenters Blocks.

Yeah, microblock spam is a pain. It's still a very nice thing aesthetically, but if it becomes a problem serverside, we can just kill it... right?

For the record, I don't like that there are so many deco mods in the pack (doors mod?!?!), nor do I like forge multiparts. I am still scratching my head (from the last kirara onwards) on why TC is adamantly staying on this pack. People with Net connection issues (e.g., me) won't find use or utility with mods like better records... I can go on, but like Pyrolusite said, I won't be playing on the server, so I am not personally invested in which mods make it in, or out of this pack, despite my own personal misgivings on them. I also do not have the liberty of time IRL, to debate for extended periods of time on any of these mods/topics.

Deco mods are great for people who like building nice things, which is quite literally 50% of the game title. That said, I agree that if the deco modlist becomes too big it should be trimmed. That's why I think that chisel could go. The door mod, however, is lightweight and really fun and new.

I'm not a huge fan of bibliocraft, I only use it for the tape and for the machines to copy enchanted books. Every other decoration mod is fine to me, as a chisel block causes as much lag as a block of cobble placed (it may vary if the block has some animations going on and if it has connected textures)

Bibliocraft is a nice mod utility-wise as well as asthetically, which is why I like it. I wish some of the textures weren't high res though.

Twillight Forest can be overpowered with easily accessible redstone, diamonds and lapis. It is also more suitable for smaller servers where stuff doesn't get looted/killed so easily for others.

My point exactly. I also didn't test it, so I guess we'll find out.

• What about people (like me) who use chisel blocks in order to come up with creative builds ? You need to see my oldest base on Kirara 3 and my older base on KIrara 4.

Edit : I broke the quotes o/

• What about people (like me) who use chisel blocks in order to come up with creative builds ? You need to see my oldest base on Kirara 3 and my older base on KIrara 4.

I used to do that too, but I still think that chisel has become a rainbow of random blocks, extremely inconsistent and it almost drains the creativity out of the server as a whole.

Quotes are love. Quotes are life ;)

• Microblocks don't lag serverside. None of the deco mods do (or none of them should) - their TEs don't tick (or shouldn't tick), and thus the lag is rendering lag which will primarily affect people with lower performance. That being said, I'm sure that the more popular deco mods have been optimized to some extent, in terms of rendering lag.

• You may try Highlands for biomes.
    But, IMHO, all you need for perfect GT pack/server is IC2, GT and, maybe, IHL to spice it up.
    And of course don't forget about garnish - OpenComputers.

• v0.5 had to be tweaked for the release due to BoP being removed, and thus was delayed.

// Changelog:
    // v0.5r:
    // - All BoP related tweaks disabled, as BoP is no longer in the modpack.
    // - Due to the void left by BoP items no longer being accessible, unobtainable GT materials will be used as a placeholder.
    // v0.5:
    // - Convenience recipe for tilled farmland block added
    // - Disabled infusion enchanting
    // - Added recipes to create enchanted books for the missing enchantments
    // - Advances in the mechanical processing of living creatures has improved the efficiency of pixie pulverization
    // - All enchantments now researched separately
    // - Jar labels now have an alternative assembling machine recipe
    // - Vis stone research added
    // - Flesh golems no longer give warp upon crafting
    // - Potion brewing added
    // - Arcane Bellows nerfed
    // - Fixed some vanilla localization issues
    // - Sanitized tweak code to make it easier to maintain
    // - Certain nonrenewable BoP materials like river cane can now be transmuted
    // - Tiny fluid pipes may be converted to essentia tubes in assembler using thaumium
    // - Tiered the wands based on GT metals as per suggestion
    // - Added aspects to more items and blocks that do not have any
    // - Ash stone and many other BoP blocks now can be processed
    // - Some dusts like volcanic ashes and siltstone dust are now obtainable
    // - Fixed some lore issues
    // - Fixed some research being set to secondary when they should not be
    // - Nerfed lava transmutation to prevent some exploits
    // - Added a few more endgame research items