Posts by Nonotan

Steve's carts was voted out but still remains in the pack despite majority opposition, and AFAIK has not been properly tweaked.

Is chisel a very laggy mod? Are you referring to this Chisel, or Chisel 2, which is the actual chisel fork with a poor reputation? What are your opinions on the 2 different chisel mods?

Does GT5 not have chests?

What part of TF is unbalanced? Since nobody else is tweaking it I have TF changes embedded in my TC tweak script. If you list off the issues you have with TF I can tweak them appropriately.

Yes please. Two worlds with ATG and RTG that are qcraft connected will be amazing. Can you keep the BoP mod in even if we are not using its worldgen, so I can use the BoP items in my tweaks (and also so that they are obtainable for decoration)?

I'm not a fan of democracy personally because the minority has no voice.

The minority has a voice. It's their responsibility to use that voice to discuss with other people and reach a mutually agreeable solution, or possibly change their minds. Much as how Zulf has successfully convinced me that with his work, IHL has been properly balanced and will not be a negative addition to KR, I'm sure that certain other people with unpopular opinions are capable of articulating it in a cordial, nonoffensive, comprehensible, and logically sound fashion. Unfortunately, it has not happened so far, which is why that opinion remains a minority.

I hope Nono and spacey can resolve their issues as adults now. I have personally not seen any evidence of vote fraud. Zulf's column was deleted, and after his return I asked him if he deleted his own column. He didn't answer, but neither did I see him surprised that his column were gone. If enough people insist, we can take the vote to a more reliable medium, but that is going to delay the release again significantly.

And the fake votes being put in under other people's names? The "0" and "-" votes for TC addons mysteriously turning into blank boxes? The TC column being red despite majority vote for it? Airam even literally admitted that he was "sabbotaging" [sic] votes yet has not apologized for it a single time.

To come to an agreeable resolution I only need that Airam apologise for his conduct, agree to not repeat this behaviour in the future, and start acting professionally befitting his apparent status as modpack creator. I don't think this is too much to ask for.

Are you kidding me? He parrots the same drivel over and over and refuses to discuss any issues in a civil manner, despite him being the person actually responsible for maintaining significant parts of this modpack. Instead of acting in a professional capacity, he turns every discussion into personal insults and continuously flames me without ever giving a direct answer to any questions I pose. Had he been any other person abusing another player in this manner I'm certain he would have been kicked a long time ago. From what I can tell, Airam is essentially abusing his position as one of the maintainers of the modpack to hold a "holier-than-thou" attitude.

I asked about including TC, and was informed that if I want TC, I will have to tweak it myself. So I went ahead and did it, asking for and implementing feedback from most of the active playerbase that I could easily contact. When Airam wants RTG, he goes balls deep stating RTG is the best thing ever, completely ignores all feedback from every other player pointing out its flaws, and cherry-picks good screenshots to try and propagandize the rest of the ic2 forums into supporting the usage of RTG in this modpack. Most discussions about RTG end up looking like this:

How am I supposed to even have any sort of discussion in this sort of hostile environment? Let's list off some of the other bullshit I've had to put up with in the times leading up to KR:

When voting for mods happened, certain mods he liked (like Steve's Carts) got added to the pack immediately without any voting. Despite the fact that had voting happened, they most likely would've failed to make it into the pack per community majority.

On the other hand, when other people try to add mods, he vehemently opposed the votes, going so far as to edit another player's votes and deleting the voting column of active players to try and make it seem like the status quo is in favor of his opinion. When it was clear most people did not mind having thaumcraft, he went ballistic and insisted that if we were to have thaumcraft, then we absolutely must have all the addons as well as TiCo and Blood Magic. Him being the owner of the KR spreadsheet, decided to add a comment to the voting stating "You must vote for at least two addons in this column", with absolutely great balanced choices like TTKAMI, Thaumic Bases, Tainted Magic, etc.

After I put him on ignore list from constantly being bombarded with pings insulting me, he continues to do it on a daily basis every single time I ask something. Had a third party (whom I will not name) not told me about this, I would have never known about this utterly ridiculous, almost sociopathic behavior. Here are two recent examples that I was notified of; there are most likely more, but I was not given the IRC logs for those instances.

You know what? This isn't worth the effort. I've had it with this blatant misuse of power and abuse of the admin's AFKness to be a douchebag.

Airam, I am not going to play on Kirara if you keep continuously being an offensive prick. I unignored you on IRC for one minute and of the five things you said, one was a derisive "lol", two were direct insults of me as a person, one was you posting a link to the Wikipedia article for Schizophrenia as a response to a question about terrain generation, and one was a cherrypicked screenshot of botched ATG terrain generation using configs you wrote in an attempt to put RTG on a pedestal.

I want a proper apology and an assurance you will behave like a decent human being once the server launches, otherwise I am not going to waste my time playing on a server where I will be constantly harassed by one of the people responsible for maintaining the pack.

Our server admin is currently AWOL and has not updated KHC - the new KR server will be very minimal in terms of content compared to packs like Beyond Reality, as it'll mostly be IC2/Gregtech + supporting mods, and not significantly nerfed from the vanilla Gregtech experience (other mods are changed to be more on par with GT, but GT is not made harder AFAIK).

While I love the idea I do not believe we have the manpower to create and properly maintain a true hardmode server pack like KHC - though you should discuss the matter with keda who is the current de facto server admin, as Arch is missing.

I already gave you the rare metals from chalcopyrite without sacrificing its copper output and the teleporters, as well as the tool durability issue long before that. I'll list more exploits under the condition that for every exploit I name, you will refer to me as Lord Nono for a week, and agree to give up 50% of your in-game acquisitions during that same time period. If IHL is as balanced as you claim then you should have zero problems taking this offer.

IHL abuse is actually using the mod's content as it was designed in order to get imbalanced returns due to its inherent overpowered-ness. This is literally a bug that lets you infinitely stack enchantments for almost nothing which is absolutely not how infusion enchantment is designed to work. Completely different in nature - otherwise killing stuff using qsuit to take zero damage would be considered an "exploit" because ic2 quantum is overpowered compared to vanilla armor.

Well, the fishing core is disabled, so all we have is the vanilla enchanter for now. I don't know if Bloody's magical energy converter drains enchants from items like the old GT magic generators did, but if it doesn't we have no way of removing bad enchants from valuable tools.

^ I completely agree with BloodAsp, planning goes a long way in making servers sustainable.

If TC4 is no longer supported I can simply disable infusion enchanting, which I believe would be an unpopular move. It's actually a very simple exploit anyone can do - and it can't be fixed with a minetweaker/modtweaker script without disabling that entire mechanic. My proposal is to just declare it against the rules to use that particular exploit and run off the honor system and assume people wouldn't make the cheaty tools, much as how we run off the assumption people won't just xray all the ores or raid the bases of other players.

As for IHL and GC: as long as IHL does not interfere with GT I am ok with having it in the pack. Mind you I still consider IHL a poorly executed mod, but my stance on mods that I don't like has always been that as long as you aren't forced into having to use their content then they don't matter. For Galacticraft this can be fixed by actually moving the moon/mars oregen so you can still find them in the overworld, just not as frequently. Makes no sense that you have to travel to other planets to get Uranium, an early-mid game resource. I'm fine with incentivizing travel to different celestial bodies, just not the current approach of forcing players to do it or be denied access to a significant portion of GT content.

Also, because we have no EnviroMine, move some of the Caves oregen to OW/TF.

Thaumcraft tools require titanium to make, so it's not exactly something you instantly get after an EBF.

I could bind TC progression to GT by simple adjustment - though it will still be crafted in a TC fashion (Arcane worktable or infusion) rather than with GT machines, to prevent someone who hasn't done any TC from making TC tools as GT recipes are not tied to your TC research. That doesn't really address the tool enchanting exploit which I thought had been fixed already given that I reported it many months ago when it was first demonstrated by Nexey and reproduced here. Enchantments are designed to only go up to the level that they get up to in vanilla - for the case of efficiency, V.

The biggest problem with smart moving is you can randomly fall through the world, but it can be fixed by making the bottom five layers of the world bedrock -> air x2 -> water -> bedrock.

I don't know how to kite the faster mobs with smart moving - maybe it's because my ping to the server is high because I'm in NA, but Minotaurs/Valkyries always caught up to me no matter what even when sprinting with hover boots and speed potions to try and gain distance. I had to trap them in water or fight them from a 1x1 hole.

EDIT> v0.4 of the tweak is done. This should be ready for KR launch barring any gamebreaking problems that need fixing.

// v0.4:
    // - Minor cleanup to reduce file size
    // - More lore changes
    // - Pixies can now be macerated and centrifuged
    // - Nerfed thaumium recipe
    // - Adjusted the cost of Void tools/armor to compensate for a problem with the GT API
    // - Glowstone duplication recipe is now properly removed
    // - Nerfed mirrors again
    // - Further increased runic shielding costs
    // - Shard clusters are now required for the elemental golem upgrades
    // - Buffed the native clusters to actually be useful and not give less metal than a macerator
    // - Golem tech tree now linear
    // - Golem crafting now tiered, infusion-based
    // - Chop core removed (may be readded later if a good idea for tiering it happens)
    // - Core costs completely redone: now requires OC parts
    // - Empty animation core now less prohibitively expensive to make
    // - Fixed a bug that was making some upgrades display the incorrect crafting recipe
    // - Core copying recipes removed
    // - Motus replaced by electrum in golem core infusion recipes
    // - Added a few more transmutations
    // - Tweaked research costs
    // - Added ways to obtain some BoP items that are no longer available