Posts by Nonotan

I found out two things about the GoG mob spawns:

1. They are extremely biome and height level dependent (without customizing spawn conditions like with JAS). If you do not live near both an ocean and a tall mountain you're going to have a hard time finding them on default configs. If I was the only one on the server I was able to farm most of the mobs by flying to Y=250 and force-despawning all the ground level mobs in that biome, so they do spawn in the right spots.
    2. The cross-mod spawning compatibility is fixed by having Just Another Spawner, which we should have anyway even without GoG just so we can properly customize mob spawning. I on't want to deal with having to fight tough mother cave spiders when I'm above ground in a perfectly neutral biome, or have nothing to hunt because two people are logged in on the server.

The weaponry thing is a problem (this is partially aggravated by the modpack lacking proper not-TC armor, since nano sucking and quantum being 100% damage reduction means you go from being totally helpless to completely invincible with nothing in between) but idk how to fix that - even with lategame weapons the mobs still murder you unless you have proper shelter, because for the most part they move significantly faster than the player. Thaumcraft have ranged wand foci, but they deal low damage and IMO aren't great until you have a jetpack of some kind.

I actually haven't been on the older Kirara servers since I took the break; it's most likely coincidental as players tend to take advantage of the parts of TC that are the most imbalanced, and my nerfs were designed around keeping TC mechanics in check so it augments GT rather than having things that totally outclass it. Also lots of discussion on IRC about what parts of TC need changing so maybe the other participants saw your base.

As for the iron caps thing I did assume players will do that. There is no good solution to forcing TC progression as it is impossible to make GT recipes respect TC research. In multiplayer where something is gated by a tech advance, one player reaching that necessarily means he can choose to give every other player the benefit of what he has unlocked (much as if someone else has a MV blast furnace you can just use theirs and make a MV hatch without going through the BS of making four LV hatches). If you have a better idea, I'm open to implementing it.

// Changelog:
    // v0.3:
    // - Refreshed thaumonomicon entries for basic research so they properly show the GT recipes
    // - Wrought Iron transmutation no longer marked as secondary research
    // - Moved certain Thaumonomicon research icons around
    // - Added Steel -> Damascus Steel transmutation research
    // - Hungry chest now slightly more expensive to craft
    // - Advanced Metallurgy now requires Damascus Steel transmutation
    // - Tweaked costs of more TC recipes
    // - Mundane belt no longer craftable
    // - Mundane belt removed from most recipes other than that for Runic Shielding
    // - Clay transmutation disabled
    // - Removed a debugging transmutation that was allowing infinite nether quartz
    // - Massively revamped the crafting of Golem Animation cores
    // - All cores are now an infusion recipe using an HV robot arm and an appropriate integrated circuit
    // - Fishing animation core removed
    // - Blank animation core now has multiple assembler recipes
    // - Golem animation cores may be "copied" in assembler as long as you have one copy, but consumes a lot of EU
    // - Golem animation cores may be formatted to a blank animation core in a magnetizer

I believe KR for the most part is ready aside from some last-minute requests to change/modify the modlist. I think RTG is settled on? I still oppose having RTG but that's more personal preference for terrain than any actual issues I have with the mod, as it is only terraingen and shouldn't affect most gameplay.

I don't know if you can configure the worldgen like this, but one solution to alleviate unnecessary losses due to the smart moving bug would be forcing layers 2-4 (with layer 1 being the bottommost bedrock layer) to be air blocks, and layer 5 solid bedrock. This way if anyone falls through the ground they end up dying to fall damage instead of losing everything to the void, and can still get their stuff back.

Well, i guess we have different views on that. You write the script, you decide. I just gave my opinion.

I do very much want you (and every other player in the server) to give input so I can best tweak TC to integrate it into the KR environment as to improve the gameplay, it's just that what you said doesn't make sense logically so I asked for clarification.

Huh? You only hammer plates to make a machine, then you use the plate bender/extruder for plates and don't hammer ingots again. Same with the iron wand - you make it initially so you can move onto the other wands, after which you toss the iron wand out.

There is no good solution to add GT recipes for these wand caps without breaking progression as there lacks a solution to make machine recipes depend on a player's TC research.

I try to respect TC's research chain: higher tier wand caps will be unlocked through actually doing TC.

EDIT> v0.2 is ready.

// Changelog:
    // v0.2:
    // - Barrier of entry lowered to MV (120 EU/t)
    // - Advanced metallurgic transmutations are now properly set to primary research
    // - Bone Bow research now properly requires Infusion
    // - Added Assembling Machine recipe for Table
    // - Added Assembling Machine recipe for Arcane Stone
    // - Normalized some EU costs to prevent undesirable Insufficient Energy errors
    // - Tweaked transmutation costs to make more sense as well as removing a possible exploit
    // - Runic Shielding tech tree has been smoothed out
    // - Doubled both cost and yield for gunpowder manufacture recipe
    // - Excavation focus now an infusion recipe
    // - Equal Trade focus now an infusion recipe
    // - Primal focus now an infusion recipe
    // - Minor lore changes for consistency
    // - Elemental tool infusion recipes have Thaumium and Titanium swapped for consistency
    // - Elemental tools now require salis mundus in lieu of greatwood log
    // - Voidmetal armor and tools are now infusion recipes requiring diamond equivalents (Already
    // implemented, but was not documented in v0.1 changelog)

Finally finished the initial iteration of my Thaumcraft tweaking script. Some screenshots (spoilers for anyone unfamiliar with TC4):

Any feedback is welcome - I am aware I may have made mistakes or poor balancing decisions, or the tweaks may not match the thaumonomicon lore. Please tell me if you would like anything changed/fixed!

//***************************
    // Changelog:
    // v0.1:
    // - Initial release
    // - Thaumium ingots now require a balanced shard to craft
    // - Thaumometer initially requires HV Assembling Machine
    // - Scribing tools now requires Assembling Machine, but are also refilled more efficiently
    // - Iron Wand Cap requires HV Precision Laser Engraver
    // - Iron Wand assembled in HV Assembling Machine with Sealed Wood Stick
    // - Charcoal transmutation removed
    // - Gunpowder now under Alchemical manufacture and consumes saltpeter instead of being a duplication
    // - Significantly increased the barrier of entry for golem automation
    // - Warp has been added/increased for a large number of researches
    // - Added many additional transmutation and alchemical recipes that can be unlocked, including
    // ways to obtain non-generating Railcraft decorative blocks
    // - Tallow candle now requires significant time to manufacture, done so via Assembling Machine
    // - Enchanted fabric has an alternate Assembling Machine recipe requiring molten Thaumium
    // - Enchanted fabric is woven into clothes more efficiently in Assembling Machine
    // - Deconstruction table can be made in Assembling Machine with molten gold and thaumometer
    // - Arcane Keys created more efficiently in Forming Press
    // - Essentia Jars created more efficiently in Assembling Machine
    // - Fill Essentia Jars with lava in Fluid Canning Machine to transform them into Void Jars
    // - Empty Void Jars in Fluid Canning Machine to get regular Essentia Jars back
    // - Brain in a jar can be uncanned in the Canning Machine
    // - Additional useful Alchemical Duplication recipes introduced
    // - Goggles of Revealing now requires Thaumium (and therefore the Thaumium research) instead of Gold
    // - Phials are now more expensive to craft in a worktable, Assembling Machine needed for old efficiency
    // - Arcane lamp now crafted from a floodlight
    // - Added Assembling Machine recipes for certain basic Thaumcraft blocks
    // - Basic infusion tools now take an appropriate titanium tool head instead of a diamond
    // - Bone bow is now an unstable infusion recipe that takes a long titanium rod
    // - Boots of the Traveller infuses from Hover Boots
    // - Thaumostatic Harness now infused from IC2 Jetpack
    // - Thaumostatic Girdle now requires infusion and consumes two boost engines from GraviSuite
    // - Wand caps now have a linear progression
    // - Silverwood wand core now requires all intermediate wand cores researched
    // - Voidmetal recipe now yields 1 nugget instead of 1 ingot
    // - Voidmetal caps now require 5 ingots instead of 5 nuggets
    // - Staff cores now only require Greatwood wand core research, to improve their location in the tech tree
    // - Sceptre research now requires Thaumium Wand Cap and Silverwood Staff Core
    // - Most affected Thaumonomicon entries have been updated
    // - Thaumonomicon research locations moved around for improved aesthetics
    // - Arcane Bore more expensive to craft, to bring it in line with other auto-mining methods
    // - Mirrors now more expensive to craft, to bring them in line with other forms of item transport
    // - Wand of Equal Trade now an Eldritch tab research
    // - Added appropriate aspects to certain Railcraft and Twilight Forest items
    // - Runic shielding components (mundane accessories) are now dungeon loot only
    // - Apprentice accessories can be deinfused into mundane accessories
    // - Apprentice accessories are now craftable via new research
    // - GT crop metaitems nerfed
    // - Metallum replaced by Herba
    // - Lucrum replaced by Terra
    // - Blast Furnace metal transmutations yield tiny pile of dust or oxidized metal instead of the nugget;
    // (Note that the Thaumonomicon will show the output as nugget in some cases - this is a problem with
    // the ModTweaker API and there is literally nothing I can do about it. The text of its Thaumonomicon
    // entry will specify the proper form of the output.)
    // - Runic shielding regen, cost, and cooldown nerfed (via separate Thaumcraft config)
    // - Taint rate of spread nerfed (via separate Thaumcraft config)
    //
    //***************************

I mined the entire end and got enough iridium from small ores. Quantum age isn't that bad to get to, since recipes are the same and I already had MFSU.

Also I found workaround to get basic machine casing, which is ITNTing some IC2 machines. Not optimal, but worked in the meantime.

EDIT> One issue with enviromine that I noticed is that you can still randomly get heatstroke III even while wearing Qsuit because it doesn't understand the fire resistance aspect of the Qsuit bodyarmor (Hazmat suit actually gives the status effect of fire resistance, but Qsuit only makes it deal 0 damage). Maybe it's possible to add morpheus script to give fire resistance when Qsuit is equipped and take it away when it is unequipped?

Also a couple of steps to avoid dying in a stupid manner like me:

- Never log out while crawling through a 1 block tall tunnel. Upon login you will fall through the Earth.
    - Turn Smart Moving off when traveling to/from Twilight Forest.
    - Avoid using smart moving crawls if traveling over large quantities of half-blocks or other blocks with a non-full collision box.

Could I have more precise feedback concerning the trade ratios ?

But yeah, Arch was supposed to remake almost every recipe for the modpack, and since he can't make them at supersonic speed, he locked some mods as long as their recipes were not ready. KHC is still supposed to be a WIP though, even the questing stuff is far from complete.

If KHC still exists and Arch doesn't come back I'll probably try to update it myself, but it will receive some changes.

- Money is too hard to earn considering the hunt quests give almost nothing despite the steep requirements. I suggest adding NPCs that buy nonrenewables or rare TF items (such as Miner's Tree saplings, which don't work because it just pulls up the GT ores as Empty Ore).
    - Certain potions are grossly overpriced considering you can basically buy two nether stars for the same price as three potions
    - Weapon seller is worthless since you can get free swords at the sewers
    - Blacksmith charges a ton to smelt dusts into ingots - but why? Ingots are just as useless as dusts.
    - NPC buys all drops for 1 copper (with Gunpowder valued the same as worthless rotten flesh) but sells them at 16x the price
    - Half of the Gaia trader's recipes are backwards (buying unobtainable items from the player)
    - Recharging is not economically feasible considering it's 56 DIAMOND coins to recharge a lapotron. This amount of money is virtually impossible to get; you'd either have to fully loot the skulls from more dungeons than there even exist on the map right now, or click almost 30000 times selling items one at a time, for a mere 10M EU that you can't even use without having already built a MFSU. I'd say lower the costs across the board and give options to recharge batpacks, energypacks, and jetpacks, which would actually make the service useful.

In its current state, trade is so unprofitable there's virtually no reason to hang around spawn.

Could you update KHC as well when a new GT version comes out with machines? There are lots of problems and balance issues that need to be addressed, such as things that are impossible to craft due to having wrong recipes, poor NPC trade ratios, bad machine cost/reward differentials that make no sense, and tech issues such as entire mods being unusable because a single item can't be crafted.

NOTE: The information in this thread may become obsolete at any point if Greg changes the behavior of the Crucible at any point. Test before applying.

GregTech 6 introduces a new form of metal processing: the crucible. In this thread I will assume you know the basics of smelting with this block: the mold, the automation, the energy/fuel-to-heat conversion ratio and associated math, as well as the quirks of the crucible that I will explain below:

• The crucible holds up to 16 units of material at a time.
    • Items physically thrown into the crucible or fed into it via automation (through the top, typically via hopper) are processed one at a time. The item entering the crucible generally has the temperature of the surrounding biome, with exceptions such as lava/ice.
    • If it is force-fed a stack or an item which exceeds its capacity, said stack/item will be "queued" in the crucible, and not be in the molten mass inside that you can interact with. Accordingly, it will not affect the temperature/mass of the crucible's contents until processed.
    • When enough space is created in the crucible, the queued item will be processed, appropriately changing the temperature of the mixture as if you had thrown it in at that moment. No material is wasted during force-feeding, they will just not be instantly processed.
    • As a result of the above rules, hoppers will deposit one more item into the crucible than it can hold, then stop outputting until the queued item is processed.

Now, onto the content: You might be processing all your ores into dust to get nice, whole number ratios for smelting: macerate, wash, centrifuge, then crush again. The last step, however, is wasteful - refined ore is worth 11/8 units of the material, whereas the dust is only worth one unit. This guide aims to give you guidelines on calculating the exact quantities needed for common smelting operations.

Clarification (UPDATED):

• Ore - refers to any processed form of ore, not the ore block or the crushed ore, which contains stone.
    • Ore Values -
      • Crushed Ore is now 1.125 Units (9/8ths)
      • Purified Ore is now 1.250 Units (10/8ths)
        • They can be turned into dust "losslessly" in a Mortar, if you need the material in units that aren't multiples of 1.25.
        • Processing becomes significantly simplified once Mortar is obtained - get this machine ASAP!
      • Refined Ore is now 1.375 Units (11/8ths) and was previously known as Centrifuged Ore.
    • Since scrap is 1/9 of an ore, this doesn't match the values given above. This means that any remainder less than 1/9 of an ore will be wasted when you clean out the crucible, or create recipe issues in automation if not calculated properly.
    • Pile - refers to a tiny pile of dust (1/9, or 0.111 units), unless specifically stated otherwise. Scrap can be substituted.
    • Compound ore - ores that directly smelt into the metal, but do not smelt directly at a 1:1 ratio (3 Garnierite smelts into 1 nickel, for instance)
    • Compound ore recipes will not be mentioned here - it can be assumed that you can just substitute them in the appropriate ratio for the pure ores (you could, for instance, use 36 tetrahedrite ore instead of 9 copper ore in a recipe calling for the copper ore).
    • Iron processing will have a section be specifically dedicated to it - the ash/carbon requirement is special.

Ore Washing:

Note that as Greg has changed the ore values, purified ore is now worth more than the unwashed ore. Therefore, there's little reason to not wash your ore, especially since you can wash entire stacks in seconds by setting up a sunken cauldron next to a water source. If you have a Sluice, it will be a better (but slower) way of maximizing output from your ores.

The Sluice does give quite a lot more byproducts, and if you cannot yet process Sluice Juice, you should invest in a Dryer -> Dust Funnel setup to not waste the Sluice Juice. Dryer is easy to power as it takes HU/t, which can be supplied with a Burning Box.

Refining:
    Unless you are dealing with a gem ore that you need the whole gem for (Coal, Diamond, Apatite, etc.), always process the ore further into Refined Ore. This takes place in a large variety of machines now, so use NEI to figure out what you can make!

Refined ore is more valuable than purified ore and gives byproducts that often are lucrative.

Crushing:
    <TO BE UPDATED>

Convenient Smeltery Ratios:

Tin and Copper will generally come in nice whole number ingots/chunks early game, but what about processing Iron in a larger quantity?

Thankfully, 1 Purified Ore is 1.25 units of Material now, meaning you can just throw 4 Purified Hematite in for the 5 unit requirement, nicely fitting with the 5:2:2 ratio required by the Combination Smelting Recipe.

Some convenient applicable ratios are listed here; you may already know some of this. If there are some I missed please let me know and I will add them.

• Hematite: 4 Purified Hematite Ore + 4 Limestone OR 3 Marble + 2 Dark Ashes => 2 Iron
    • Nickel: 16 Purified Garnierite Ore => 15 Nickel
    • Black Steel: 4 Garnierite Dust + 3 Black Bronze + 9 Steel => 15 Black Steel