Posts by UNG_God

Very nasty exception below.

i believe that was me, i was CF some scaffold them when i moved to cath my scaffold back, boom, haddler exception, so look at it, also, i got this very often on the log.

also i saw this :

my lastest log is just a huge error log.

We realy did not had a good start on 1.7 .i am prob only one of the few who did not liked this new ore gen at all, some complain to put it to have more dificult, yes it is more dificult, but the irony is the one who require that are the ones who are more used to it, and so dificult became just normal, also, people want to have to explore more than before... but what about people who dont like that? i like to use more my time planning what and how to build than just wasting rows of pickaxe on vain search for something that may be or may not be there at all. Luck is a great factor on this new ore gen, some people can sit on places where they can have almost everything they need, while outers on a desert. Previous even not bein in the right place you are rewarded with something for your hard work, now is just look here , if you find something ,score, nothing just leave to another one dumbly mine there.
    What wil change with my post? nothing, and i am very aware of that. But i said that to GregoriusT, and will say again, it dont matters how much you try to make things harder, people will always find a way to bypass that, but those who dont, will only have a cruel thing to deal with.

Grand part of my post was pointed to mods that are bein added for a specific feature that will not last long, i understand and feel the need for new things on MC as we play more , however, since it is a server and we probably want a long term server, we should avoid adding mods for simple one time use , i saw some names i did not understand like "HE" (needed to go to first page to know it was hardcore End) , then i took a look on the mod, it indeed looks good and interesting, however is an one travel only mod, most people would only go after it like one or two times to get the itens, them everyone will not use it anymore, we had something very like it on 1.0 , the galactic craft, after the curiosity settled down, it became abandonned, so in a long play, was a good waste of tweaking and burden of the server. It is probabily hard to spot what i am trying to say, is that we should just focus on mods that are gonna be used for a good amount of time instead of adding many mods for just one or two uses or specific item. Beauty? as far as i saw on most bases i looked at, the beauty was just a nice placement of machines. Places? how much time do most people are gonna stay on said area, if just a little , not worth it, and so on. I know people will get mad, but at least i am trying to make the server playable as much as it can. We could post what mods each one want and a reason for it to be used, so we would get a % of aproval towards that mod and ideias for what it can be usefull for.

@hp regen: well since it is sooooo far away canned food, GregoriusT or Linus could just make a recipe for an early "healing item" , just a simple bowl and any kind of food into a "meal" item, wich when consumed restore half hearth and half hunger, and it would follow the canned food balance, you can only consume it when you have hunger to fill. That all my sugestion.

i think we already have too many mods, i take a look at the list and "...wtf, what this mod is for anyway..." everything we have it can keep us busy for a good amount of time, and with the changes GregoriusT is making, things will require even more time, anyway sometimes less is more.

i know it is selfish, but when the time came and kirara is.. well... retired... can you make a copy of the map and upload it for a while, so we (me mostly) can keep a copy and make something as a farewell to it? thanks anyway.

randomly i upload an update video on youtube on my construction, gotta a pretty amount of ideias while playing, most i will use on the next server, but maybe i will be able to make some already. It just surprises me how much the base can change on just one week.

Nope not yet, I assume everyone needs to install the mod?

i believe so, since all mods does require it, but it is not that dificult, even if it missing, forge tell what is missing , so people could just grab it, and for a good amount of days, is almost all same players playing. Up to you, having full acess to features is always wellcome. You could place a warning on signing in for a week before adding it.

Aside that, just reporting that, at some points we see some strange bugs and behavior, like cables dont connecting on some machines, them for no reason they return to normal, one of my digital chest just stopped working, steam turbine was running okay then stopped...after a while it start back on its own, some outer people tells that had some troubles like that, boilers not working and stuff. A normal day playing with Kirara

i was going to sugest this, but GregoriusT started his own e-net, so this might just be ignored after all...anyway, after playing with kirara 1.0 and seeing some videos of galacticraft, you prob saw that its machines have a side, where it only atach to cables, i find it a very good ideia, it would be usefull if gregtech have a similar behavior, but not just copying it, changing it to a more gregtech way of stuff, my sugestion was to change the behavior of all machines to not interact with e-cables by default, it would be necessary a special cover to it interact with the cables, each cover tiered and maded with material from the tier of energy, the LV would be only one possible to by made by hand, with a crafting maybe of a steel plate+rubber ring+insulted tin cable with a cutter and screwdriver, that cover would be aplied to LV machines for obvious reasons, and only on that side , e-cables would atach, avoiding unwanted connections on cables, so we could have diferent cables surounding the machine, but only on a side it would connect, also we could make that diferent tiers dont fit on a diferent/lower tier,as a three dotted cable dont fit on a two dotted input, i had this ideia after the energy flow circuit wich can be used as cover to only accept cables. It would not affect multiblocks, energy storages and generator, because those machines have a part destinied to behave like that. On another possibility we could just negate connections to cables, and create a plug cabe for every tier, so you would use that plug to feed machines with power. It was that, my great sugestion, but GregoriusT will make something alot more brilliant than that, so it end just like a memento.

just comenting because i can, on the start of the topic, the text was diferent, and i also misunderstood it, i was thinking the tiers would be all the same and just the last one would receive a diferent name with a pun, i was going to sugest, basic>improved>advanced>Hi-tech>Super (because for some reason super is a good adjective, hi-tech computers are lower than super computers).

To help in development of a name, it would be good to know what is the best material/work the machine would be doing, so an easy name by product/work covered would be possible.

And i suck at naming, just as writing, and speaking...

to run around this little thing, it would be too much trouble, RC has resolved this on some sort, when the steam is used up, it produce water back, the steam turbine is like that,so you could re-suply the boiler again, but is just too much work to do this with all machines, and create somekind of poluted water that cames from the grinders.