Child Plant jumping up two tiers from crossbreeding?

• Hey guys, im incredibly new to the agriculture side of cross breeding, however it is probably the last part of industrial-craft that i haven't tried before. So i did my research and started by breeding some basic plants. Soon enough I had bread myself some cocoa plants which i was very proud of. Then i started crossbreeding those with others to see if i could make anything new. I have a very basic understanding of the plant tier system, so forgive me if i am wrong, but when i crossbread reeds and cocoa, i shouldn't be able to make tier 5 plants such as terra wart? However this is what ive somehow managed to do. Is this a common thing with child plants increasing by two tiers from the parents? or am i some sort of godlike plant breeder?

tl;dr was crossbreeding cooca and reeds, got terra wart, is this normal?

To infinity, and beyond! - Buzz Lightyear

• Perfectly normal, Tier II (Reeds) + Tier 3 (Cocoa) + 1 (Automatic +1 Tier boost) >= Tier V therefore your plants are able to grow anything that is Tier VI or less.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l