Posts by leagris

we had it at gt4, it shown redstone signal on a display, i used it on an2 to shown energy storage and process progress.

These where called Redstone Scale, there was an analog Gauge version and a Heat bar version.
    I'd also like these to return into GT5. They had their use as well with redstone covers that allowed propagating redstone value from choose face.
    Having a redstone scale with Segment Leds hex nibble 0 - F or a transparent and light level 4 Nixie tube would be awesome.

Anyway IRL you try to keep plasma within the Tokamak ring and at sufficiently high temperature.
    Power generation is the result of fused atoms causing electrons unbalance and so an electric potential.
    To match this, Plasma generators should become part of the ring.
    Or, if use high tech pipes able to transport helium plasma as of currently defined (well GT He plasma is happy travelling inside tin cells or wax capsules),
    Then Plasma generators should return fluid helium at same amount you fed He plasma in.

He Plasma should be a very hot gaseous fluid that set/fuse anything on fire at contact.

Breaking/damaging a loaded tokamak, or having it lose power while loaded should create an explosion the size of all coil blocks as TNT and let 32000 litters of He plasma escape in world, damaging blocks on its way up and around until it dissipate.

Current GT5 Ultimet is ultimately deceptive.

Would you make it worth using as a tool material, instead of plain cobalt?

Ultimet mix:
    5/9 Cobalt
    + 2/9 Chrome
    + 1/9 Nickel
    + 1/9 Molybdenum
    → 324000 EU in EBF → Hot Ultimet Ingot
    → 21960 EU In VacFreez → Ultimet ingot

Cobalt:
    Dust → Furnace smelt → Cobalt Ingot

Ultimet and Cobalt tools have the exact same characteristics, durability, sharpness...

I corrected my post with accurate units. Thank you.

So in Gregtech: 1000l of Diesel Fuel can produce 128000EU.
    In real-life: 1000l of Diesel Fuel contains (10,000w of 1l) * 1000l = 10,000,000w (Watts)

So, at 100% conversion level, 1GTEU is 1000000w / 128000EU = 7.8125w

On a more realistic scale, 1GTEU would be like 3w real-life.

An LV 32EU Machine is like a 75w real-life Machine.

(bugged myself on other considerations)

Steam .5EU/L
    Diesel 128EU/L
    Ethanol 128EU/L
    Hydrogen 15EU/L
    Methane 45EU/L

There is no fuel burn time anymore in recipes.cfg since Gregtech 5 and no ratios.
    These are internally hard-coded.
    I can't see outcome IC2-EU or GT-EU anymore into NEI.
    I can only see Buildcraft energy in NEI for 1Bucket item of fuel, that is 25000 ticks burn time or 60RF/t.

Processing 1000l (1 Bucket) of Diesel from 1000l Oil (1 Bucket) into a basic distillery cost 32000EU at recipe level, (not accounting for all the infrastructural losses.

So lets take best case:
    A basic diesel generator (LV), directly connected to a basic distillery (no cable)
    Basic diesel generator is 90% efficient.
    It will internally generate 115200EU out of 1000l of diesel fuel (90% efficient)
    Due to cable/machine loss at LV, it will consume 34 internal EU for 32EU output.
    That is 108423EU usable by the distillery.
    With this 108423EU amount, the distillery will be able to process 3380l of diesel.

4380l of Oil will be consumed to net output 3380l of diesel fuel (70% efficiency or 30% loss)

With an MV setup:
    An Advanced diesel generator (MV), directrly connected to an advanced distillery (no cable)
    Advanced diesel generator is 80% efficiennt.
    It will internally generate 102400EU out of 1000l of diesel fuel (80% efficient)
    Due to cable/machine loss at LV, it will consume 132 internal EU for 128 EU output.
    That is 99296.97EU usable by the distillery.
    With this 99296.97EU amount, the distillery will be able to process 99296.96EU / ( 32000EU * 1.5 ^ ( 2 machine tier - 1 recipe tier ) penalty ) = 2070l of diesel

3070l of Oil will be consumed to net output 2070l of diesel fuel (67% efficiency or 33% loss)

How much steam is consumed in Steam Turbine?
    How much of each liquid fuels … in Diesel Generator

Or more practically:

Ho much GT EU at generator output can I generate from 1L of fluid fuel:
    steam
    ethanol
    diesel/RC fuel
    nitro-diesel
    hydrogen
    CH4 methane, C2H6 ethane, C3H9 propane, C4H12 butane …

EDIT:
    Found crash reason: fr_FR.lang did not double % sign for use as a literal

Submitted a Pull Request #35: Fix for UnknownFormatConversionException caused by improper escaping of % sign literal

Hello,

Having game locale setting to anything other than en_US cause an UnknownFormatConversionException while rendering an information panel.

crash-2014-10-13_22.10.09-client.txt

Noticed and reproduced.
    forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208-universal
    Sap sack and Evaporator slots are reset on server shutdown/start.
    Si if you leave some fuel in input slot and processed sticky resin in output slot, these are lost on server restart.

Not a big deal but quite annoying.

Experienced Blacksmith - for the best Tools

I think it would be cool if the Stats of a Tool the Player craft, depends a litle on the experience lvl he has.
    The actual lvl could increase the Stats like durability, mining Speed and damage, maybe at a rate of 0.5% each lvl.

I like your idea of Player Ability or GregTech Technical level.

It may be unlocking crafts and interactions based on achievement tree (if there is an API for this), or within a GregTech User Notebook.

There it would be possible to limit tool and machine level/quality on crafter level/ability.

With same resource materials, recipe result would have weaker stats.

Operating machines would be limited to 1 level higer (GUI access).
    Operating a machine 1 level higher would be restricted to inventory, (no settings).
    Operating a Maintenance Hatch could fail and cause dammages to players of insufficient level.

An experienced crafter could yeld more hammer smashed ores, plates... given same base quantity.
    Operate same quality tools for longer (like if you are a casual summer tinker, you are more likely to hammer your fingers, damage files and knives by applying improper pressure than an experienced master crafter)

Using IC2 build #397 for Forge Mod Loader version 6.4.49.965 for Minecraft 1.6.4

Today I got zero with missing texture from my booze barrel.
    Added 64 wheat, 2 hops and 64 water cells.

Left it for 1 IRL day fermenting.

Drinking zero gives me blindness and poison.

Zero is not supposed to be obtainable and the missing texture tells me it is a bug somewhere.
    Could you help/guide me in fixing this?