Posts by Lor

What I was looking at is that there is just one 9-Matter item. With the new material for the Quantum armor, would this be something to create as well? If so, then should it be harder-to-get than the current 9-Matter item? Currently, it would either have to be an 8-Matter (assuming that wasn't already taken), or everything would need to be rearranged.

Not suggesting using all the slots (unless someone wants to write Addons for most of the major Mods ever written, yikes). But having them opens options in every matter-tier. The side issue (for good or for ill) is that it will also make it harder to find all these recipes.

If you have your 5-Matter tier full but want to make one of the 6-Matters easier to get, well, you'll have the open slots.

Not "You really need to implement this, it is awesome!"
    More "You know, if you find yourself running out of recipe-space, remember this"

Note: I haven't yet used the Mass Fabricator, so my idea is going on what I've read on the forums and wiki.

Assumptions:
    1) You use the Mass Fabricator to obtain Matter.
    2) You use Matter on the workbench to craft items.

Conclusions
    3) There is only one possibility for a 9-Matter recipe (filling the bench), 9 possibilities for an 8-Matter recipe (leave each of 1 spot empty), etc.

Proposal: Another form of Matter (I'm distinctly avoiding the term "Antimatter" ;) ). Where the default generated from the Mass Fabricator would be 'Red Matter', you would also have 'Blue Matter' (for the lack of better names). The easiest interchanging would be via crafting. Red Matter --> Blue, and Blue --> Red, without anything else in the crafting window. Could make it as complicated as you wanted to interchange, but the energy to make large amount of Matter in the first place might be high enough.

Explanation: You would use Red and Blue like one would use binary in a string. So in addition to the normal recipe of (RRRRRRRRR) you would have (RRRRRRRRB), both needing 9 Matter. You would have 511 (2^9-1) possibilities for a 9-Matter recipe. Gives a lot more possibilities for higher-end recipes.

Needed now? Maybe not, but I think it might be useful later.

If I've missed something in my assumptions, let me know, but thanks for reading.

Perhaps merely something similar to Nethercoal in "Better than Wolves" ? Craft a lump of coal with a block of Netherrack.

Reference: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…olves-mod-v291-upd-aug-6/

I assume once IC2 comes out, MineCraftForge will allow one to install both, and that the native furnace code would make it so Nethercoal would burn in IC2 generators -- allowing for a bit of an EU return on your Nether investment. I don't have numbers for nethercoal, so I'm not sure how much more EU would result.

If you are looking for jetpack fuel, I think there was something in a blog post about an electric jetpack, so this might work there too. :)

Noticed something tiny in IC1, and not noticing anything on this board, thought to mention it.

When canning mushroom stew, it appears that the bowl is either discarded or it becomes part of the stew. For the new-and-improved, I would propose that when placing stew into a canner, one of the following would happen:

1) That the empty bowl either be placed there on success (similar to the milk bucket when crafting cake)
    2) That the bowl would drop from the machine (similar to a stack of charged batteries or crystals).

Thanks for reading.

I had a similar idea to "Suggestion: Power Divider" andoriginally posted it under there. I think I may have broken a convention by doubling up a thread. Please correct me via PM if I'm wrong. I've reposted it below.

The basic thought is a machine/cable that would be a mix of cable and MFE, and the opposite of a relay.

Functionality
    I won't get hung up on geography, but I'll pick one just to explain the idea. Suppose that from its four sides, the block functions exactly as would a cable. However, either from the top or the bottom, it would function thusly: if there is a need on the other side of the cable, then it transmits an amount of current that would be set by EU Manipulator.

Proposed Example Use A 5-block-long cable connected to multiple machines. Normally, the fifth machine would not have enough power to work. One splitter per machine could be configured to draw the 2-3 EUs necessary and no more, freeing the remainder to travel down the line. So instead of 64/32/16/4/2/1/0, the current in the line above the machines would be 64/61/58/55/52, assuming all the splitters were set to 3 EU.

Second Example Use A line of cable from a generator plant. The output from each splitter could be wired to MFE/MFSUs in parallel. As each storage-unit filled up, there would be no draw from the splitter, and the full current would pass on from the splitter to the next splitter. Same amount of storage as in series, but the output from the entire thing could be redstone-set to be stronger than just 64 EUs. The first MFE would overflow and transmit if there were to be wired in parallel normally. Generally, the advantages of a parallel storage array without having the MFEs transmit overflow current. Naturally, the dangers of HV might apply if one went overboard here, but in contrast to just using HV, one could wire luminators to this sub-HV current - like an obelisk of them from ground to build-limit. :D

Nice idea, and good to hear about the overhaul to the wiring. I've no desire to hijack a thread, but thought to keep similar ideas together.

I have a similar idea: A block that could best be described as a combination between an MFE and a normal cable.

Functionality I won't get hung up on geography, but I'll pick one just to explain the idea. Suppose that from its four sides, the block functions exactly as would a cable. However, either from the top or the bottom, it would function thusly: if there is a need on the other side of the cable, then it transmits an amount of current that would be set by EU Manipulator.

Proposed Example Use A 5-block-long cable connected to multiple machines. Normally, the fifth machine would not have enough power to work. One splitter per machine could be configured to draw the 2-3 EUs necessary and no more, freeing the remainder to travel down the line. So instead of 64/32/16/4/2/1/0, the current in the line above the machines would be 64/61/58/55/52, assuming all the splitters were set to 3 EU.

Second Example Use A line of cable from a generator plant. The output from each splitter could be wired to MFE/MFSUs in parallel. As each storage-unit filled up, there would be no draw from the splitter, and the full current would pass on from the splitter to the next splitter. Same amount of storage as in series, but the output from the entire thing could be redstone-set to be stronger than just 64 EUs. The first MFE would overflow and transmit if there were to be wired in parallel normally. Generally, the advantages of a parallel storage array without having the MFEs transmit overflow current. Naturally, the dangers of HV might apply if one went overboard here, but in contrast to just using HV, one could wire luminators to this sub-HV current - like an obelisk of them from ground to build-limit. :D