Posts by bear989

is it inappropriate to ask for the gravel, and sand small ores in GT6 be added to GT5u? combing the desert for tiny amounts would be better than nothing at all. Tin can just be such a pain in the ass early on, or even adding the option to use zinc wires in LV machine recipes. I have played GT5 through to HV+ at least 5 times, and except for getting lucky once, I always fight for tin early on.

If I am just a unlucky minority then, ignore this request.

ya see that is where I feel I play hardcore, I want to mine my metals not grow them or breed bees to do so, I may breed the crops or bees to that level but only to say i did it or add a tiny piece to a large whole.

thanks for the suggestion though. I am actually thinking about drilling core samples randomly in the hills to find hidden veins with a BC mining well. But that's extreme measures for my play style.

I am a tunnel rat and explorer for resources. stone and gem pick axes all the way, till I can make an IC2 drill. I'd use GT drills if they didn't just die, replacing a drill head or battery is understandable, but trowing the whole drill away cause of a broken bit doesn't work for me.

I have apologize again but what do you call hardcore? making everything as hard and miserable on yourself as possible? I see hardcore GT as using it as implomented by Greg or now Ya'll. not using other mods to bypass mechanics and nerfs, or exploiting vanilla mechanics, like iron and gold farms, un-maned spawner traps, and so on.

balance is up to you and blood to decide, we as players can and should state our feelings, but as developers/coders the implementation is up to you.

I would have all coal boilers create pollution that needs vented, multiblock boilers would as a rule create less than the equivalent of single block boilers, so there is another reason to upgrade to them.
    bronze blast furnace creates more per operation than an IBF
    all machines with a muffler hatch needs vented out side
    high pressure lava boilers should create more that the equivalent multiblock boilers

also:
    bronze machines exhaust steam rather than pollution, so they don't need to be vented outside, but the exhaust should have the ability to be collected as dirty water
    and electric machines don't create air pollution, but ore washers and chem reactors, ETC. could produce a dirty water that needs to be cleaned,

and just to throw it out there someone address the damn Tin issue please, I have spent a week trying to find enuff to make a turbine and ore washer

see if we all stick it out we can come to an agreement, even if it's to agree to disagree.

my only other request is to find a balanced way to implement it for the whole community, not just implementing it as a tool for modpack makes, I make my own small mod packs with less than 80 active mods, trying to only add mods that will enhance my playing not bypass a GT feature, or Nerf. I am terrible at reading, so looking threw long ass configs to see what I should turn on or off is very ruff on me. I think as a whole we all have stated that all burners should cause pollution. all multiblocks with mufflers should as well. now i disagree on lava boilers because they are using the already hot lava to heat the water, not burning a carbon source, but for balance and progressing on to better power source I see it as understandable. So when implementing the pollution please chose a balanced way to set things on or off for noobs and idiots like me

in ability to reverse the pollution, and to stay at a particular age if you choose to.

This is again an idea, not my style but maybe someones, If someone only once to advance to the bronze age, that should be their choice, it will keep them from better materials, and easier recipes, that is the incentive to advance. that is all I am trying to say, I am not Axle's damn cheerleader. I don't think his idea needs to be implemented word for word, but it's the best option I have seen on the table, If there is something I missed in your posts where you changed your original idea of all machines creating pollution, then I apologize. That is the issue I have Issue with, I personally feel a basic burners create pollution, and need vented away from or built away from machines, is a good place to start. implementation can be done in stages,

+I am not attacking anyone especially you Pyure, I am just trying to have a sane discussion on the implementation of pollution. the main difference as I see it between your ideas and Axles is forced progression, and game play, rather than an obstetrical to over come that will encourage progression. I also never said that everything needed to be perfectly coded on roll out. no one has that I have seen, we are stating over all vision. If any of what we hope for is impossible to implement then fine, but that should make a reason for electrical machines to create pollution, rather than burners of carbon based fuels. I have stated many times here and in my videos that I can't code and those of you that do I admire for the ability. that being said making things for the whole community rather than just a small group should be, in my opinion, the best way to do things. unless making a separate addon, witch is then optional rather than hard coded in. one last thing, the only difference between an argument and a discussion is the inability to listen to other opinions.

I agree that there are many players that try to exploit certain mechanics, and should take the time to advance or work within the spirit of the game/mod. BUT again forcing someone to play a different way that we see as right is WRONG! making it harder to do such large scale setups make sense, but forcing it on them isn't in my opinion. personally I would do a TFC style no bone mealing of trees/plants myself, witch would stop most tree farming, other than the forestry and maybe a few others. and don't get me started on MFR, to me trying to play with it and GT is just bad form. so if someone is doing that, then there is really no helping them. also Axle's idea of pollution would defiantly help with stopping, or hindering this kind of game play with the air pollution caused from burning all that charcoal.

If there is more to your ideas than already expressed, please share them. I am always willing to listen to other's ideas, even if they don't jive with my own. Even the three of us on Axle's server that have spoken up play very different ways, but we try to keep our way of playing from impacting others. Everything Forced by GT has had a reason for it with a benefit. less planks from logs forces you to make a saw or deal with the nerf. Then at higher tiers you get ways to get extra planks from the same logs. Circuits in GT5 is forced to get to the next tier, but at that next tier you get better, materials, more byproducts, and better speeds. you can stay at bronze age forever, if you choose, but there are benefits to get to the electrical age, and so on. I don't see as the pollution you are talking about fits into that style, that we all have come to expect from GT. In my opinion if you see this as a one sided idea why not make it as a addon rather than implementing straight into the game.

I hope this will help you not to feel ganged up on, and not take your ball and go home.

this makes a lot more sense to me than anything else I have read. I my town we have a GM foundry that has over the years gotten better at polluting, but there machines still worked fine back in the 70's and 80's when there was a blanket of rust colored crap for a 1/2 mile around the plant. but at the same time the half dozen machine shops in town ran just fine.

I hope there is an option to turn off the pollution. I am all for needing chimneys on muffler hatches to vent it outside, witch I already do for looks. but I run different kinds of power generators. I like to use up what I find/make that is stacking up, My last GT5 world I had lava boilers x 12, railcraft boiler for creosote oil,gas turbines for methane, diesel gens for my forestry ethanol, and nitro diesel, IC2 windmills, and a IC2 reactor. I do most things manually and on a smaller scale.

does anyone now what or why I am getting these spaming my log multiple times a second? and BTW I don't have TC in my pacj and as far ass I know GT is the only mod that calls it.

[20:47:48] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: [Thaumcraft API] Could not invoke thaumcraft.common.lib.crafting.ThaumcraftCraftingManager method getObjectTags

[20:51:47] [Thread-19/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.NullPointerException

Foghrye4, I want to make sure you didn't miss this, I updated both IC2 and IHL and everything loaded fine, it was only after playing and my PC loosing power while playing that I have gotten this crash. I was just hoping you might know why it occured and how to fix the problem. The world was a video series on my channel showcasing GT5u and IHL together. Unfortunately the only backup I made was quit old and was basically needing a miracle to save my world/series.

thanks for the help and sorry to bother you with my stupidity

Crash report:
    I updated to the current version, and played for awhile, power went out on my pc and when I went to load back up this is what I get. I have tried removing IHL and back dating to another version and I keep getting this crash. any help would be appreciated.