Posts by SpwnX

I also agree with this, heck that was one of the main reasons I installed BTW with ic2 and the dynamo addon back in 1.8.1, I constantly go back to work on my water turbines I built with waterwheels in my 1.8.1 world. If FC didn't jump ship on forge I wouldn't need to go back to 1.8 all the time. But I will say that if someone can code it,then there could atleast be an addon for ic2 wind/water mills to be more like BTW mills. And I have high doubts that even when mojang creates a modding api FC will even let his mod be compatible with forge mods, except buildcraft.

Animation for one mill is okey to render. Problem is to animate about 1000+ generators, on SMP, without considerable FPS loss [if not high] due rendering.
    It would be very performance costly, Wind mills , Water gens and solar panels already lags pretty much due E.net calculations if massed already.
    On a server with 10000+ generators on confined spaces like a city is pretty hard to maintain, making it unplayable to some people.
    I get 30FPS at the city i live on a server, 90- 120 outside it.

I would like to see thermal clothes (all parts) which generates small energy using body heat.
    Efficiency is increased if you are at lower Y/near fire/near lava.

Thermal Set + rubber = Hazmat suit (unbreakable but wont protect against any damage from mobs)?

Just want to add my voice to the luminator crowd.

Luminators as they are right now are basically super inconvenient torches. I'd like to see one of two things.

1. Permanently powered luminators
    Not as cool as having them consume power, it's true, but without redpower- which honestly I just don't like much outside the paneling - the amount of space hidden wiring takes up is crazy, especially if you want to put lights on the walls or on the second floor of a building. And using batteries on them is even more useless, 2 days is like 20 minutes. That's nothing. I'd be okay with charging them once and that's it. That would be awesome, actually. Torches that require EU input but don't suck.

Add the possibility to keep them charged with a lapotron crystal ? 1kk EU would last for about 55hours

I have built once a powerplant with 1600 wind gens and powerlines on a server, using the energy transfer system i posted above. (solar panels are HV array for testing)
    If you have a server i can join i could build it again :P

The realistic way is a city have a powerplant, and distribute energy to all people living in it. Since when everyone have generators to power your stuff in RL?

Small reality check, who will be consuming your power and how will they be consuming it? Minecraft doesn't actually have lights, vacuum cleaners and pool filters that need power like a real town would. I think it's a lovely idea but I fear that you may be wasting plenty of resources and effort to run power to a house that no one lives in. If it's providing power to other players on your server, wouldn't they rather make their own power?

Usually on cities there isnt much space for power generation...

Well i could generate 2000-5000 Eu/t on a 33x33 plot.

Problem comes when city plots are small (about 10x10)

For Who wants to transport High amounts of energy over long distances AND HAVE RESOURCES :

Why you dont try wind power?
    It is great, generates more power than solar, its cheaper.
    Only bad thing that it wouldnt look so good :P (unless you hide it)

Edit: 64 wind mill tower design (16 wind mill each side of a cable on max Y possible) generates about 120-180 EU/t
    If you want a screenshot of it, i can post one.