Kirara 5 is a tech based modpack heavily tweaked to be balanced, just like the earlier kiraras, except even more than before.
- World generation is based on avium's trimmed version of my version of Bettergeo combined with COG for ore generation using custom made scripts. Bettergeo is mostly responsible for the rock selection (layers) with vein rocks from PFAA while ores are generated based on a combination of PFAA and GT ores. PFAA ores look nice and blend into whatever rock they occur in but some needed ores occur only in GT. PFAA rock looks rather ugly compared with bettergeo which also does an awesome job with the rock layers.
- The world is generated in steps with difficulty as well as reward increasing with distance from spawn. More difficult mobs will be encountered in the outher circles, but they will drop better loot and oregen also improves with distance. Currently there is a circular world border to prevent players from expanding before the next circle has been fully generated
- Ore generation is based off not only world/planet and Y-level but also surrounding layer rock and biome, making prospecting and finding ores needed early game easier, but higher tier ores will be more harder to find. AR planets have a different distribution of ores, each planet being more suitable for some spefic ores while not for others, but will also be tiered so later tier planets have better/more ore.
- Stone hardness is increased for most layers to incentivize caving more early game, as well as incentivizing making better drills and jackhammers, however limestone which occurs in the top layer will be left alone so it won't be frustrating early game to make stuff out of stone.
- Ore and crushed stack size reduced to 16
- Some tweaks by bloody asp: several GT machines have been replaced with Magneticraft, IE multiblocks, and TC smeltery. Rotarycraft and Reactorcraft has also been tweaked and balanced to work with GT.
- Some tweaks by myself: Inventory size has been nerfed, so you can only carry a certain number of stacks before being slowed, regardless of how many backpacks or crates you carry. 70% of surface ore (with direct sunlight) is hidden to avoid exploiting vertical veins, as well as to nerf surface ore raiding, and encourage caving instead. Sleeping in beds heal half a heart. Mob hitpoints, attack damage and speed has been modded to increase with distance to spawn (except within 2k radius which is flat vanilla levels, and has only vanilla mobs), a circular world border with warnings and that gradually hurts you more if you go past it
- Several players have contributed in recipe tweaking, mostly by Zulfurlubak but also Nexey. The original recipes were taken from K4 (Kirara Reborn) (see K4 thread for credits)
To join the server, you can contact us at:
IRC channel: irc.epser.net #kirara
Discord Invite (Ask me or bloody asp for access to the kirara channel)
Official website: http://svogri4.no-ip.org
Some preliminary announcements of the fifth generation of the foxes AKA Kirara 5.0:
- Modpack will be available for testing sometime during next weekend and server start will be aimed to be at June 30th after a week of testing and forming teams etc.
- World generation will be with Bettergeo combined with COG for ore generation using custom made scripts. Bettergeo will be mostly responsible for the rock selection (layers) with vein rocks from PFAA while ores are generated based on a combination of PFAA and GT ores. PFAA ores look nice and blend into whatever rock they occur in but some needed ores occur only in GT. PFAA rock looks rather ugly compared with bettergeo which also does an awesome job with the rock layers.
- Ore generation is based off not only world/planet and Y-level but also surrounding layer rock and biome, making prospecting and finding ores needed early game easier, but higher tier ores will be more harder to find. There are 9 tiers of rocks with a gradual increase in difficulty. Planets from AR or GC whichever will be used, will have a different distribution of ores, with each planet being more suitable for some spefic ores while not for others, but will also be tiered so later tier planets have better/more ore. The outherlands on the overworld will also gradually have better ore generation.
- Stone hardness will be increased for most layers to incentivize caving more early game, as well as incentivizing making better drills and jackhammers, however limestone which occurs in the top layer will be left alone so it won't be frustrating early game to make stuff out of stone.
- Ore and crushed stack size reduced to 16
- Mob difficulty will be increased based on distance from spawn, but mob loot will also be improved in proportion to it, as well as ore generation. Roguelike dungeons and dungeons of doom will be added which spawn more difficult mobs than otherwise.
- There will also be additional mobs from Grimoire of Gaia, Lycanite mobs and special mobs tweaked to be hard requiring late to endgame equipment.
- With the removal of TC and IHL I am to replace some of the useful items in these using my own IC2 addon. It already has a fully usable wand of equal exchange replacement, rechargable with EU. Other items I intend to replace include IHL pump and traveller boots.
- Any of this is still subject to change but the probability is slim. If you still want to have a last say in mod selection or other details on this modpack contact me or Bloody on Discord to get in on the hidden Kirara channel on Discord, or else use the IRC channel. Also any help with the tweaking and testing would be appreciated.
How does the claimed chunks thing work? Can multiple people share claimed chunks? Otherwise it would not be possible to work in teams. Up til now we have never had an issue with griefing though, but you guys insist I'll put it in. Otherwise there's always the backups if griefing ever occur. The noob prevention is off. Even the current mods, scripts and configs are available at http://libertyfire.go.ro/mc/ I'll think about putting up scripts and configs for github if that makes things easier to manage. Can't PFAA be modified to be more balanced with the ore generation? Another thing I found was BetterGeo which looks really good at least graphically, but doesn't look very configurable. Is it possible for GT to generate ores into it somehow?
I'm getting highly divergent suggestions here, the more people who want to join the server. The only things I definitively want to remove from the list you suggested Bloody is Gendustry, Thaumcraft + addons. I didn't know Underground biomes was a lag culprit, which makes it more likely that it will be removed (I was thinking about putting in PFAA unless someone has other suggestions) and PFFA was running smoothly in tests. A bit shame because I liked the textures in undergrounds biomes. OC however was used quite a bit on KR especially toward the end, so it's going to stay. GC will also stay. Railcraft I'm not sure... I will miss the coke ovens and railcraft tanks... and some might want to make use of railcarts. IHL will likely be out because of bugs, even though the pump is nice to have. TF will likely stay.
New mods that will most likely be in:
Rotarycraft + Reactorcraft + GT integration
Magneticcraft + GT integration
Gravity Gun, alternatively Jabba just for the dolly
Ars Magica 2, depending on how popular this suggestion is and if someone is willing to tweak it
Tinker constructs for the smeltery + tool removal/nerf
Also more than welcome on the server Lardy for hosting Kirara previously.
New server is in the birthenings... Anyone interested in playing can have their say on the IRC channel on what mods to be included and involved in retweaking scripts (which will be forked off new horizons most likely). Focus this time is going to be on dungeons and more challenging mobs (possible options including Arch's Mob properties scripts he left on Kirara 7, lycanite mobs, rogue like dungeons, doomlike dungeons and others) , more tech mods and less if any magic mods at all) ATG, underground biomes or possibly PFAA.
KR will still be running meanwhile but likely be taken down once the new server is up due to limited resources.
Server is back online at libertyfire.go.ro:25568
Hi. Would love to join. Is it 24\7?
Yes, as soon as I get the server back up on the new host, which will probably be tomorrow. You're welcome to join, just PM me with player name so I can whitelist you.
Good news. A friend of mine is willing to host. Will probably be up already tomorrow if not during the weekend.
The server has now been taken down. I'll keep it around in case anyone wants to host it again (PM me or post here or on the IRC channel, preferably the latter since I'm more seldom on here). It's been fun to play with you guys, and thanks again Lardy for hosting.
Kirara will be closing down unless someone else is willing to offer hosting.
Many thanks to Lardy for willing to host for this long.
In case it can't be transfered to another host, post or PM me with regions you want to keep.
Making Kanthal coils is bugged. After testing in creative, it seems you need Kanthal coils to make Kanthal ingots.
It's a problem with .23
But there is a workaround, you can make them in a HV EBF.
This thread is alive once more. I'll try to keep the modlist up to date. The latest updates are in green.