Posts by YX33A

Greg, just thought I'd chime in and say two things: Firstly, on the topic of Metallurgy coins and IC Credits(which your mod makes better), I don't mean they should replace each other, just thought that if you're going to be messing around with Metallurgy stuff, I thought a way to convert coins into credits and vice versa would be cool of you to add.
    Second, Clan Shigu shows their support for GregTech Intergalactical.
    Might even throw away my old sig on the Minecraft Forums for this. I enjoy this mod too much.

...But I have a bit of a bug/feature request.
    As you all (should) know, IC2 has a config option to turn off it's rail crafting, for added support for Railcraft.(or just to disable them)
    I thought, hey, I should turn off IC2 Bronze armor and tools, so I can craft Metallurgy ones. No config option. So I tried setting them to ID zero. Every bronze tool and armor piece I disabled turned into a pair of bronze boots in the crafting grid. So did the iron shovel.
    Tried setting them to -1, game froze when trying to load a map.
    I know this may sound odd, but I don't want IC2 bronze tools and armor. The ingot is good, so are the other uses for it. I just want to disable the tools and armor so other mods which craft such tools and armor can do so. But I can't.

So, could a config option similar to the rail recipe be added to disable bronze armor and tools from IC2? Yes, the Composite plate armor uses one. But could it be done, so other mods can craft their bronze stuff without IC2 overriding their recipes?

Lovin' the mod Greg. It's friggin' awesome, I like the difficulty increase(even if one of my mods is messing with some recipes by adding alternatives which aren't that bad but still bypass your mod, basing their recipes off of standard IC2 balance). I seem to have noticed a snag in my CraftGuide, though; I can see the old recipe for Water Mills, which I'm guessing is disabled, but I can't test that just yet(due to my desire to make a Pina Colada and find a village before doing any IC2 stuff).

Just in case you wish to add a "fix" for the cheaper recipes from that mod, it's Metallurgy. Only base metals, mind you, has this problem(since Base Metals machine is the Crusher, which is basically a IC2 Macerator), the rest of the machines are(as far as I can tell, haven't been able to test the Abstractors yet, due to Prometheum being a right pain to find) completely different then IC2 machines.

I would also request, if you're going to "fix" Metallurgy in that way, could you also add a config option for Metallurgy style IC2 and GregTech ore generation? IE anywhere there is stone, they can spawn(assuming it's not biome locked, anyway, or has a limited chance to spawn in a chunk). Basically full world height ore gen in stone.
    I like that bit about Metallurgy almost as much as I like the Mint and the Villagers trading with coins.(also if you're making a Metallurgy patch, maybe add a way to convert IC2 Credits into Metallurgy Coins, and maybe a lossy way to turn them back? I'd be ever so thankful)

There is also CJB's Mods Quickcraft mod. Made to work like the xbawks 360 crafting system(aka no need for manual crafting, just have what you need in your pockets and you can craft it), but it doesn't support recipes which are two or more steps in depth(so one has to make planks, then a door), unlike Crafting Table 2/3. Plus the 1.4.2 release doesn't support forge yet. But it's still pretty good.

Yay 1.4.2 update get!
    Sweet Jegus this is a must have for me. Too many issues with chicken farms.
    I would like to request something somewhat different, though. Mushroom crops. I have a need for mushrooms and Forestry isn't filling it due to over complicated mushroom farming.(first I need a moistener, then I need a mushroom planter and a mushroom picker, I need a semi-constant supply of Mushroom Grass for the farm, and while it does output dirt, it needs a dark area to grow big mushrooms, which is needed for it to harvest, so zombie attacks may happen. Plus it's pretty pricey to craft all these things)

I don't have java disabled, and I considered downloading it, but then how do I view people's setups for reactors?
    It works in IE(yes, I tested it), and pretty much everything else works on the Internet, but for some odd reason it hates FF on my windows 7 computer.
    ...Maybe I need to double check what java version I have installed. I remember either switching from 6 to 7 or 7 to 6.

I have no idea why, but it doesn't want to work for me(though I haven't tried IE and it recently). I use Firefox, and normally things work better for me when I use Firefox, and I remember it working in the past, but it seems to hate either me or Firefox.
    Is anyone else having issues with it? Has anyone had issues with it but solved them?
    Will I have to use IE to view reactor designs?

Whelp, one less reason to not update yet.

Though I'm curious; since we have potatoes and one can grow them via crops(a much needed feature for me), does that mean we also have vodka? As in take potatoes, and some water, in a booze barrel?
    I would enjoy something to warm me inside in my glacier base. Which I obviously haven't built yet, due to not actually playing 1.4.2 yet, and needing to get the mods I need for this base before doing so, but I digress.
    And no, fire is not a good idea in a glacier base. Too big of a chance for stuff melting and making a mess.

Seems cool. I know that UE is going to be adding a Particle Accelerator to the Atomic Science mod for it, but when, I don't know(it's a back burner mod compared to ICBM for Cal it seems).
    Mind you, it'd be mostly for antimatter production, and also usable for Fusion reactors(I would assume so, anyway), but for those who don't like "Magic Blocks", I'd suggest bugging Cal over on the UE forums to work more on Atomic Science instead of ICBM for a while.

But back on topic, this seems really cool. Generating Uranium by inputting elements sounds "fun" to me. But I understood more about these things, it'd likely be easier.
    Might make a Mod Spotlight for this. Can't promise it won't be disjointed and rambling, but it'd be OK for a Idiots Guide I'm sure.(as in the book series, subtitled "A Reference For The Rest of Us")

So uh, maybe I'm just going blind again, but I can't find a changelog for this addon/mod in either the first or second main posts.
    If there isn't one, could you please add one? I tend to spend more time reading changelogs then I do playing Minecraft these days. Also if there is, herpaderp on my part, I'll keep looking.

I noticed that I can't macerate non-IC2 ore Dictionary ores anymore. I tried with what seems like 5 types of tin, and only one worked in a IC2 Macerater. I didn't test if I could use Forge Ore Dictionary Metals for IC2 recipes which use them, but I will try again. (I do at least know that I can use UE's Atomic Science Refined Uranium to make IC2 Uranium Cells, both normal and Depleted, which is nice, as it means I can use IC2 Uranium Ore in my UE Atomic Science Nuclear Reactor that I'm working on in a Mystcraft Void Age)

I had this problem before as well. I usually would just look away right after I filled it, worked fine then.
    Of course, the booze didn't have a drinking animation back when I used it(1.2.5), so maybe it does now and that would give you some time to switch after filling your cup. I thought it was a feature at first because I could fill my cup, drink it, and fill it again, drink it again, repeating until the barrel is empty back then.
    I only tested it with rum, then, though. My "Evil Lair" at the time was a Volcano Base. Lava was my primary light source, so I had tons of rum on hand.

On the topic of better SMP Defense... Biometric Scanners.
    Needs a computer-ish item and a scanner setup. Scan a person and register them in your system. Those who are in the system have a security level. Scanners can be used to allow a person who has enough security clearance to enter and exit areas with said security levels. People who are not in the system, are rejected unless entered and given a clearance level.
    That's just some usage ideas. It would need a scanner and a way to store entered people and give them a clearance level, or alter the clearance level of a person.
    A scanner could emit a redstone current if the person scanned has enough clearance, either to a direct redstone interaction, or wireless interaction. One would need a way to link a network up so one could have tons of fields up, and people with clearance could be granted a way through them(likely with a temporary shutdown of it).

Bit of a end game goal, but something like that would be awesome for a LP or even a Custom Map. And very useful for easy bypassing of fields for your base.

Does Zombes xray support damage values? If not, that's why. If it does, you might have entered the damage values incorrectly for it.
    Not a issue with IC2, as it doesn't do anything fancy with it's blocks beyond damage values, which is thus what you need to look at here.
    Since Damage Values for blocks are very common for Forge based mods, if Zombes doesn't support that, someone is clearly living in the past.

If you're having trouble with weeds, keep in mind they will only (at first, until they spread) grow on empty cropsticks. So, one can basically avoid weeds by just not having empty cropsticks(unless you are crossing the plants, a setup with no empty cropsticks will generally have no weeds). Plant 'em when you need them. Also, as a heads up, only mature plants can be crossed, so you should have waited for the wheat to be ready to harvest before planting the last set of sticks.

When crossing plants, you run the risk of weeds pretty much no matter what, but since weeds looks quite unlike any other plant, you generally can notice what is a weed and what isn't once you've seen them.
    My suggestion(which isn't yet possible, I think) is to use Mystcraft and make a age with the Accelerated Symbol when you want to crossbreed plants. That symbol increases the rate at which ticks happen, so things generally happen faster(even "Black Decay" spread, so make sure it's a stable age). I don't know if it'd make IC2 crops grow faster, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Might I request a update for this addon? I was hoping to use charcoal dust to make some fuel(in a attempt to avoid nuclear power for a bit by making super-fuels), but it seems that the only charcoal dust currently for 1.3.2 is from Railcraft, which while I haven't tried messing around with it yet(still gathering the pieces of my install again), I doubt it would have much use beyond gunpowder production.

...Hang on, I know I'm behind on the times, but you still can place a luminator on a wire, yes? Like, bare wire(no CF hiding it), and it ends up flush against the edge of the block which the wire is in?
    That's how I used luminators. I had wires INSIDE my walls, with parts sticking out so I could attach a luminator to it. Ends up being right against the walls, looks nice, no CF needed.
    Of course, this requires walls which are thicker then 1 block(about 3 thick in fact, 1 on the inside for wiring sandwiched between blocks on each side, assuming that there is a room on both sides of the wall).
    I admit it's not quite as nice as the ones which stick out, but those have to be recharged manually IIRC, which is a PITA.
    Though if it can be used without CF walls and still be recharged via a wire in the walls... I'd use that.