Posts by YX33A

@iridiumdisscusion: I think what everyone is trying to say is, add some recipe to your all powerful centrifuge that can give you a little iridum for a crap ton of other stuff. I know that you made a platium->iridium recipe, but i was thinking more like something from a more used and less OP mod (yes I think metallurgy is OP) Maybe a chrome/titanium/some unused cell-> iridium. I know we could just increase the spawnrate of the ore, but we need some other way besides mining.

Well, if you want to have spare iridium without Metallurgy(I set up my install so it only spawns nether ores and end ores naturally, the rest of them spawn only from Mystcraft Symbols), you could add TerrafirmaCraft and make it's platinum into dusts, then into Iridium.

But some uses for new cells to make Iridium(and Bauxite or Bauxite products so I can get Titanium without Bauxite. Seriously, it's the only source?), wouldn't hurt much, right?

You have Pig Iron and Wrought Iron and seems it can't be used for refined iron. Iron furnace (required for generator) also can't be crafted from TFC iron. I tried to google for addon, which add compatibility, but still no luck.

Hm, might be harder then I thought. But where there is a will, there is a way. Where there is a apple, there is me.
    Upon checking the configs, there are ways to make vanilla objects with TfC, so turn that on and one can get stuff for IC2 again.

Is there are any way to make IC2 machines in a TFC world?

You still have iron ingots, and you still have Redstone. It's just harder to get. Redstone dust isn't found in ore form, but you can still find it in some things like Cinnabar. Rubber wood trees won't spawn, but you can still find slimes in swamps or breed up some stickreeds(might be harder though).
    Not as easy as before, but still possible. Uranium though, isn't a usable ore, but there is Pitchblende, which the page says can contain uranium in reality. Maybe they already added IC2 uranium as a rare drop from it if you have IC2 installed, but I haven't tried that yet. I'll check the changelogs, though.

This is the problem, though. It's all or nothing. There's no middle ground. And, frankly, I think you need to learn to make a distinction between 'rare' materials and 'late game' materials. I shouldn't need the Matter Fabricator to get the materials needed to make the Matter Fabricator. This addon could be so much more enjoyable if it followed a more incremental advancement plan.

You don't need a Matter Fabricator to make a Matter Fabricator, there is Iridium ore in the ground. Not exactly common(20% chance for a chunk to have some, though it may just be one piece), but it's not hard to find(I keep finding it in exposed stone near the surface). Plus if you think it's too rare, just get some platinum dusts and make some iridium out of it. Don't know where to find some? Try Metallurgy 2, it has it in it's Precious Ores pack. Add Mystcraft and Metallurgy's Mystcraft addon and write a age with two Precious Ores symbols(the max you can add of any Metallurgy symbol without instability) and you'll not be lacking in Iridium any time soon.

Of course, one can get Platinum from TerrafirmaCraft as well, but that's not for everyone.

Also, about TFC stuff for GregTech stuff, I've noticed that TFC has Pitchbelnde, which could be sent through a centrifuge to output some uranium dust. Not sure what to suggest for Bauxite, though. I suppose Borax could be used, but really it makes more sense to use a full stack of Flux.

Slime chunks, not swamps

Ah, THAT explains all those slimes I had by my house. I thought it was a weird spawning issue.

Also, Greg, I have a request: I was going to add TerrafirmaCraft to my setup again, but realized I won't be able to get bauxite dust in the overworld without scrap box spamming since it overrides world generation for it's own world gen. So would it be possible to get it from some kind of gem dust? And hopefully a way to get uranium dust as well(my two main ores I'll need but won't be able to locate once I add TFC again).

I'm sure you already know this, but you can find and mine some iridium if you dig around.
    Not even super rare(20% chance a chunk can hold some, and it is able to spawn close to the surface to boot), but it's out there(I think you need diamond tools to mine it).

so i waited 3 minecraft days and only the milk, slime and spiderweb plant where ready for harvest. Is it normal that it takes them so much time despite being fertilized to grow? Gunpowder and blazerod plant didnt mature yet and brown and red mushrooms are not being planted. I looked up the config and set everything mushroom related to true and i even tried to grow them in dark enviroment

Unless you crossbred the plants, they start with a GGR of 1,1,1, so they take a long time to grow and give next to nothing(sometimes they give exactly nothing). Mushrooms not being planted is odd, but I'll test that myself in a moment.
    Just tested the mushroom planting, works for me(mind you, I knew enough to have four mushrooms in my hand before planting them).

Or I could break down, learn Java, and put one of these bad boys in the game: http://raiderzulu.deviantart.com/art/NTS-02-336483106 [/advert]

I layed out a potential setup with the NTS-02 and calculated its output: 244865 Eu/t Where I am going to put all of that power is now the question.

That sounds... interesting. Mind you, I have no idea what it is, aside from something which generates power. Could be a hamster in there for all I know.(not likely, but maybe if you had enough of them...)
    You might want to look at GregTech if you need that much energy storage, I had set up a LESU with about 2 billion EU storage on a test world, before I checked again and saw it stored negative 2.8 billion. I should see how many it LESU blocks it had before it went nuts. Plus you'd need his Superconductor wires to transmit that amount of energy, and to down transform it you'd need his device which can down transform 1000000EU/p to 8192EU/t.

But it sounds beastly powerful.

Hey, while I know I haven't had a chance to actually try the mod out(1.4.2 updates for most mods I use kind of forced my hand on updating with MultiMC), I was curious if you were planning on making a 1.4.2 release for the mod. No rush, I think that the 1.4.4 release won't be for a little bit, but I'm sure there are others who would enjoy a updated version of this mod. I was getting a steam nuclear reactor ready(did some tests, but I don't have a way to limit the reactor run time in my test world, so I'll have to add computercraft first, and write a program to turn it on for a set amount of time), but I would like the ability to use this device in 1.4.2 so I can increase the number of reactors I can run without needlessly increasing the amount of miners I run as well.

Turns out, if you put enough LESU together, they flip from some high number I totally missed to about negative 2 billion.
    Protip: Yes, you can make your LESU 16x16x16 and somewhere before that it holds more EU then that other storage block which holds 1 billion and is wireless energy, assuming you down-convert from extreme voltage. But before you even reach 16x16x16, it breaks.
    Also even at over a billion EU in my Lesu monster, it could still only input and output high voltage.

(9x9x9 might have been less insane for my next step).
    Creative mode testing HO!

Some people may not know, but there's a config option to make reactors output steam with recent IC2 versions.
    I have two questions about this setting. Will the reactor still generate EU as well as output steam, making the reactor more functional then normal, if turned on? And will I have to supply water to it somehow?
    I find the idea of a steam reactor quite interesting, even if I don't know much about the effects of the config setting.

Teleportation grids with GregTech power systems to make UUM harder to get, and more expensive.
    Also a Force Field grid.
    Also doesn't hurt to use a GregTech computer cube and other things to automate my Industrial farms, save for the crossbreeding, which I don't think could be automated due to weeds.

Also, if it gets updated and works, use EU to power a Trains and Zeppelins mod tram system in a massive complex with Railcraft and ComputerCraft to automate rail switching so no part of the base isn't accessible from one station.

I know the thread was necro'd, but I personally would use steam turbines powered by tank carts, from a liquid fueled max size high density boiler, fueled by tank carts with biofuel, from a large farm outputting tons of biomass making tons of biofuel, all of which using Mystcraft Intra-age linkbooks and portals to move them in some places, and all of this is only for a small factory where I run a centrifuge to run my GregTech Fusion Reactor. And I'd use the Fusion Reactor to make toast, and power a set of BuildCraft Builders to build the house I'm currently getting gold to make into bricks for the purpose of making a gold brick house, which will one day be a fully functional Frame Ship with RedPower 2, complete with a system to level the ground under it with ComputerCraft Turtles.

After all, with enough resources, including time, this is possible.

Well, there is one way I saw. 2 high 3x3 room outdoors with no walls(used half-slabs for a roof, which was cool), and a bucket of lava(and stuff to deal with other mobs, obviously). Basically you make a zombie proof entrance(half slab with two blocks worth of space between it and another half slab), and you look at endermen who are nearby. They flip out, you look away, they walk towards you, you dig a quick hole and fill it with lava, then remove it after the enderman walks in it. Sometimes gets you enderpearls.

Though there IS a addon out for enderpearl farming. Like, growing plants which drop enderpearls. It's even updated for 1.4.2, so you'll know which one it is since the rest of the crop card addons are outdated.
    If you fancy yourself a botanist with IC2, it's easier then hunting them. It also has mushroom crops now, much to my delight(stew and magic mushrooms, here I come!).

And yeah, only real valid use for most config files is ID fixing. Or disabling conflicting things. Such as Railcraft Steel tools for my install. IC2 bronze tools as well, but can't be done. Shame really. There's a way around, but I have yet to test if it actually works, or if IC2 screws up that as well. I will have my Metallurgy Bronze stuff, one way or another.

Odd, I seem to be having a stupid error. Likely just MultiMC derping out, but even though the mod is in my mods folder for this build, the mod seems to not be working.
    Or maybe it's... One sec; yeah, config hates me. All but the mushrooms are currently set to not allow for non-seed seeds, so this is all one big wasted post.
    I'll delete the config and see if that's the default.
    Yup, all default configs here. Odd. I'll try setting those to true.

Yup, now I can plant my weird things again.
    I now know. If this isn't the desired defaults I don't now, consider this a bug report.