Posts by hvelgelmir

Are chunkborders involved?

Yes, it is chunk border. And this does not happen if there are no borderes. Even so, is it possibility to fix it? And is there any way to disable explosion of cables from overvoltage in the config?

I thought the output of battery buffers is (1+n) A ; n is the number of batterys. That happenes so that the buffer can ouput the energy stored in itself when it has no batterys in it. Use thicker wires or less batteries in the buffers

No, it really does not happen, when all system is located in one chunk

Gregorius is too lazy to fix the bugs his mod. So I am here) Cables on 8192 eu/tic and more burn in the conditions when this should not happen. And they burn not immediately after installation but randomly. That is, they work for a while, then burn. And this is not "stray packets", because in the shown picture they can't exist. On picture two battery buffers are connected by cable on 32768 eu/tic. In the first (left) - 4 orbs, which are discharging. In the second (right) - 9 orbs, whitch are charging. 4 orbs can only issue 4 packages. Why then explodes 4A cable? The same situatiation is shown below, where in the left buffer lie 8 discharging orbs and double (8A) cable has burned.

There is only forestry in the stacktrace. So go to them first.

James Mitchell<notifications@github.com>
    Mezz:

Thanks for the report!
    I'm pretty sure this is a GT5 issue, please report here:
    https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues

Forestry bees and Magic Bees bees are working fine, but the GT bees are returning null there for some reason.
    I assume there is a mistake in the way they are created.
    Anyway, it has been reported to their Github so let's keep conversation there.

crash when GT bees are placed into beealyzer. Forestry 4.2.0.823/4.1.1.46 GT 5.09.11 Forge 10.13.4.1564/10.13.4.1492

But, are they really more simple? The AdvRE might be simple, but it is only 1/4 of the capacity of an lithium MV battery.
    The energy crystal is also a bit smaller than the GT version and in this case even a lot more expensive.

It is hard to obtain large amounts of lithium whereas MV battery requires 32 dusts. It would be better to compare energy crystals with sodium MV battery (1.000.000 vs 800.000). Therefore, compared with Greg's batteries IC2's are cheating.
    Well, i can make recipes of IC2 batteries more expensive with minetweaker, but it's impossible to remove energy crystal and it's dust recipes from Greg's machines(((

Steam consumption: basic steam turbine - 238 mB/tic, advanced steam turbine - 1042 mB/tic, turbo steam turbine - 1924 mB/tic. Using formula steam flow = energy output*2/efficiency it must be next: basic 32*2/0,85= 75 mB/tic, advanced 128*2/0,75=341 mB/tic, turbo 512*2/0,66= 1551 mB/tic. So, you really broke something, because in 5.08.26 steam flow was in accordance with formula.

I coded the last changes to the turbine, so if you're using the latest version and there's a problem, I did it.

So, Pyure, would you fix this bug in the next update?

For charcoal: First in Steam age: Charcoal Pile. Can not be automated. Stack a hill of logs on top of a layer of bricks, but dirt on top and on the sides. Place the Igniter block on top and rightclick it. After about 5-10min, depending on the size, the logs turn into brittle charcoal blocks that can be crafted into charcoal items.

Can you give more detailed explanation about this method or better yet, draw this? what size it should be?

I rised the output of steam per coal. So one coal burn longer. The output per tick is still the same.

No, one coal still burns during 1 second) That's not a mistake

The turbines only should have changed efficiencys as visible in the tooltips. Maybe some of the math broke and results in this behavior.

I measured it experimentally with quantum tank. I counted amount of steam per 1 minute. Results are next: basic steam turbine - 238 mB/tic, advanced steam turbine - 1042 mB/tic, turbo steam turbine - 1924 mB/tic. Using formula steam flow = energy output*2/efficiency it must be next: basic 32*2/0,85= 75 mB/tic, advanced 128*2/0,75=341 mB/tic, turbo 512*2/0,66= 1551 mB/tic. So, you really broke something, because in 5.08.26 steam flow was in accordance with formula.

For charcoal: First in Steam age: Charcoal Pile. Can not be automated. Stack a hill of logs on top of a layer of bricks, but dirt on top and on the sides. Place the Igniter block on top and rightclick it. After about 5-10min, depending on the size, the logs turn into brittle charcoal blocks that can be crafted into charcoal items.

So, it's something like realized in Terrafirmacraft? Are the sizes of such structure important? May be you can draw this?
    And what about large turbine? I tested large rotors from different materials but with the same optimal steam flow (24000), which corresponds to one steal boiler. These are: black bronze (95%),cobalt brass(120%), dark steel (130%), cobalt(130%), tungstensteel (140%). Their energy output are next: 420, 530, 570, 570, 625 eu/tic. So, it really rises with efficiency increasing. But using old formula output=steam flow*efficiency/2 it must be next: 570, 720, 780,780, 840 eu/tic. That means, old formula does not work. Why?

Sorry for my annoying, but I think that you have become accustomed =)

What do you mean with steam math? I did not change anything there.

From changelog: Increase Large Boiler Efficiency: Steel 1.5x 24.000->36.000. But this power multiplying for boilers does not work - large steam boiler still produces 24000 mB/sec. What did happened with small turbines? Earlier advanced steam turbine (128 eu) ate 512 mB/tic according to formula energy output*2/efficiency (128*2/0.50=512). And now it requires twice a lot of steam (1024 mB/tic)... Then... Old formula for large steam turbine also does not work. For example, if steel boiler produces 24000 mB/sec this amount must give 600*rotor efficiency (720 eu/tic for 120% efficiency). But, large aluminium or cobalt brass rotors (120%) have different output - 650 and 560 eu/tic. Not 720!

I did disable charcoal in 5.09 and add alternative methods for that. If you are using 5.08, that it must be a modpack setting.

What alternative methods did you add?

I did disable charcoal in 5.09 and add alternative methods for that. If you are using 5.08, that it must be a modpack setting.

I can't see any alternative methods (version 5.09.01)
    And what about steam math?
    One more question) May you create two types of machines output sign - one for materials and one for fluids? Otherwise it is difficult to make the scheme of resource processing

Well, what about new steam machines math? First, power multiplying for boilers does not work - large steam boiler still produces 24000 mB/sec. What did happened with small turbines? Earlier advanced steam turbine (128 eu) ate 512 mB/tic according to formula energy output*2/efficiency (128*2/0.50=512). And now it requires twice a lot of steam (1024 mB/tic)... Second, old formula for large steam turbine also does not work. For example, if steel boiler produces 24000 mB/sec this amount must give 600*rotor efficiency (720 eu/tic for 120% efficiency). But, large aluminium or cobalt brass rotors (120%) have different output - 650 and 560 eu/tic. Not 720!

P.S. Why did recipe of charcoal from wood in the furnace have been disabled? So, large boiler needs 90 Railcraft coke ovens to produce 1 charcoal per second? Isn't too many?
    Sorry for my english and thanks for GT improvement)