Posts by ShadowHunter12

This sounds like an epic idea. It would be nice if the nanobots could be used to make slowly self repairing armor and tools, I really fancy the idea of a composite vest that i can go in a mineshaft with and repair the damage it sustains between monster ambushes. And maybe have the nanobots go from sluggish to lightning fast when they get an electrical charge from either a energy storage device or the batpack charging armor pieces.

I would like to see the storage removed when its plugged into a cable, but when it is placed away from cable it should have its long lasting storage, also it would be nice if their light would burn undead from a greater distance. Also maybe it could use a few upgrades like a super luminator that can be used offensivley as a directional mob cooker when its fed mv. Also maybe make it sort of like redpower covers in the respect that it occupies the same block as the cable, such would be useful if the luminators are applied as underwater lighting or perhaps under non solid blocks like doors, rails etc.

I think the title explains it well, I would like to see boots leggings and helmets that go with the composite armor. Also id like to see it give more protection than armor even though it lasts longer. I seriously think that tank armor would last longer and block more damage than medieval iron armor. Maybe even create a buff that has the armor even more damage for a complete set, trading in the duration of protection for reducing the amount of damage on your main health. Plus I think wearing a full set of that good stuff would look pretty sweet.

I realized that, you forgot the part where i said these were suggestions and could be subject to change, I guess it would be more sensible that instead of blowing holes into your place it could maybe destroy some or all of the materials that are inside the machine when the machine blows up, and the machine still has a normal blast radius but the overclocker still is something worth watching over.

I'm not sure about how /low/ tech it will be... but maybe the frames that RP2 ( http://www.eloraam.com/ ) will be releasing in the next version (next day or two is the current expectation for release, might be longer) could be used to create a bridge that /moves/ from one area to another.

Low tech as in being able to make one immediatley after you have made a power grid with batboxes and generators. This would be a simple utility that is realistic to use early on, within your first week in the map.

congrats you ahve the 3rd worst idea ive ever seen on this forums you dont even seem 2 grasp how the game mechanics work 800% explosion wtf is that im just gonna assume you mean 8x tnt= a leveld house= mroe confusing wiring = usless idea over 50%(when i looked last) of the voters on the poll agree man...

800% means that it explodes 8 times as large as it would if it was hit with an EU packet that is too big. Some of the people reading this topic need to read more closely before flaming it. Rember though, the machines themselves don't use more energy sinced the device itself needs to take a lot of energy for a storage device to be used in the first place, but I do agree that the explosion could be too much, but for greifing? Everything can be used for greifing, if you wanted to eliminate greifing completely on a server, don't turn it on. I guess instead of an explosion it could desintegrate all materials in the machine when the overclocker breaks. Or if you have the upgraded one, it could start arcing electricity like a tesla coil for a few seconds when its on its last few seconds. Like I said, subject to change!

Sorry, Wrong mod. Its the bridge block mod,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw7PNhk8v3U
    And apperently is not updated for the latest version. Also, Apperently it may be implemented into official minecraft at some point

Kinda, The Ic1 forcefield It would certainly try to suffocate you, due to (I think) being a 'solid' block with a lesser collision size. However, the force-field addon for Ic2, would not, It is far more customizable, and seriously, just try it out, it works fine, and like would, like I said, be a High tech bridge.

But the point of this is that its easy to make and use and is a middle tech device that the common player can use shortly after making their first few rechargable batteries. Not after building one or more full size nuclear reactor and a mass fabricator. Also, I would be willing to come up with some rough drafts of the look of both the spawner block and maybe one of the bridge block types to better convey what it would look like and how it would work. Also, that looks too much like the floodgates, which I already discussed.

You aren't getting it, this is an item, not a function. Im proposing a different way of making machines faster, this is not having a whole new set of machines, this is not a big modifaction to existing ones, this is its own item that would likely require a lot less changes to existing items, if any.

I am fighting against IC2's crash that causes a black screen before the main menu loads that is caused by enabling sounds without the proper fixes. When I applied the soundsystem_update, minecraft started getting the crash even when sounds were turned off! I made sure the version was the newest one, since im using IC2 v1.23
    The things I have installed in my .minecraft, in order are:
    IC2 and the mods it directly depends on(installed following the wiki's instructions to the letter)
    Portalgun(worked without incident previously)
    Recipe Book(not start of crash)
    Risugami's audiomod(for portalgun mod)
    Soundsystem_update(when crashes started)

Ive looked up others posts about the same crash, followed their fixes, and still not getting anything. I even tried hand picking out the files from the soundsystem_update and audio mod. Failure. Thank Notch I recently set up a backup of a working version, but now I still have no sound.

I have the same problem but I just have IC2, the mods required to run it, portalgun mod, and recipe book. I did the things previous posts on this topic suggested, I tried loading risugami's audiomod, nothing. Then I put the soundsystem_update in my minecraft.jar and now the game goes blackscreen even when ic2 sounds are turned off!
    Anyone know what to do after this? I think it just might be the lack of the crashing hotfix because Im don't vividly remember if I put it on this fresh jar and I cannot find the crash hotfix anymore.

I was thinking of a new item that would be a good addition to ic2 that is a result of a popularly recurring request. An overclocker. The overclocker would be a battery substitute and instead of providing power, it provides a speed boost and increases efficiency a bit, but can end up causing an explosion. For it to function it would require the device its placed in to be powered by cable, which is ensured by it using the battery slot. The standard overclocker would be used on low end machines to increase production speed by 20% and since it makes it run faster, it would also increase efficiency by 10% if applicable(speed and efficiency are just suggestions). But it's downside is that it has a durability, so while the machine in use, the durability goes down, as it goes down, the machine starts to overheat. If a careless user lets it go down to zero, the overclocker detonates the machine with a larger than normal blast radius that it would normally do. If you are using the upgraded version, also sends out a energy pulse into the nearby wiring that is double of what the last input to the machine was, possibly creating a chain reaction that would destroy a huge amount of your machinery. So its imperative to watch machines with overclockers like a hawk or you will be back to the stone age in no time. But as to prevent everyone from having this happen to them, the overclocked device would make audible sparking noises and emit plenty of fire particles, this would likely start when the overclocker has maybe 1 minute of life left. If you take the device out in time, you could put it with another damaged overclocker in a crafting table to repair it. Or if you really want to keep it, put it in an mfe or mfs and let it charge, albeit it will drain huge amounts of energy to self repair itself to full working order. I thought of this idea since so many people were making suggestions for making upgraded versions of all the ic2 machines.

I hope this idea is practical

Suggested Specs:

Normal
    >Lasts for 5 minutes of constant use
    >Speed +10%
    >Efficiency +5%
    >On break: 2005 size explosion of machine and no drops
    >Flame particles appear when device has 10% durability left
    >Full repair charge costs 20,000 EU taken over 1 minute
    >Recipe:
    :Electronic Circuit::Generator::Electronic Circuit:
    :Refined Iron::RE Battery::Refined Iron:
    :LV-Transformer:
    (Batpack is supposed to be
    RE Battery)

Advanced
    >Lasts for up to 30 minutes of constant use
    >Speed +30%
    >Efficiency +20%
    >On break: 800% explosion with no drops,
    backfires single EU packet equivalent to 200% of last packet received by machine.
    >Flame particles appear when device has less than 10% durability
    >Full repair charge costs 500,000 EU over 4 minutes
    >Recipe:
    :Advanced Circuit::Advanced Furnace::Advanced Circuit:
    :Advanced Machine::Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Advanced Machine:
    :HV-Transformer:
    (Furnace used is Induction Furnace)

Note: Most of the details are not concrete and are subject to change.