Posts by ShadowHunter12

Following that theory solars would use lapis, alongside coal.

Who needs silicon in a solar panel? this is minecraft!

Gregtech isn't a normal mod, its goal is apparently to add as much realism and mind boggling complexity to ic2 as possible. Some crave the challenge, others want to maim Greg for his views and how he applies them to the mod. A good idea is to avoid doing anything to further incite any more tension between gregtech fanboys and gregtech haters, the resulting flame war is always brutal.

I have come up with a few ideas to make the magnetizer block itself and the system of it more fun and easier to use. The first idea is to either let magnetizers affect posts next to them or reshape the magnetizer block itself so its flush with the fence, allowing for long continuous stretches that don't have a change over every 40 blocks. Another useful addition would be allowing a series of magnetizers be controlled easier from a single point, perhaps if the bottom one is activated/deactivated it sends a signal to all above.

An additional boon to the system would be a way to use the powered magnetizer to ascend without wearing metal boots, by maybe using a device somehow linked to the post. (tie a minecart around it?) Its just a real shame that the magnetizer requires you to wear a certian pair of boots from a very small list.

Lastly, if its not too crazy, some way to get limited horizontal movement from the magnetizer rail system. Perhaps using the minecart idea it would be possible to make a super high speed mag lev rail system (booster rails and furnace carts are so last century) to hurl someone down a long line and possibly catapult them through air. Like i said though, may be too crazy for albaka to even consider, despite how much fun it would be.

I would like the idea of stronger cf, because its hard enough getting the craploads of scaffolds to make your house framework, and its 4 times harder if GT is installed and divides the recipe by 4 instead of removing or reducing their burn value, but thats for a different discussion.
    A greater reward for the work you do to make a cf building that isn't a single sprayed blob is much deserved, I would really like to see more people use construction foam because once it's setup its amazing to use. On the topic of improving the foam, perhaps add a mold item or block that lets you place single pieces of foam (not sprayable) that are held to the shape of a stair, slab, or wall segment.

Oh no not another one of you whiners ... please die will ya .

Look how quickly you are to judge me! You must think you are so high and mighty denouncing me as a simple whiner. You were not part of this conversation. I am not the only one with the same view here, I have the right to voice my opinion. I am just trying to get everyone to a solution to this so this whole problem will be done with. I don't share the opinion of others, but at least I have the maturity to respect their opinions when I voice mine against theirs.

He probably tought no one would bug him about this nerf, he usually adds has a config to all nerfes he makes, he updates so quickly you shouldn't mind asking him.
    He is the owner of the mod and has the power to decide what is in it, if you don't like it, just don't use it.
    If you don't like the fact he doesn't add configs at time he releases a nerf, just stop using it. Configs are added just because of people like you.
    I seriously wouldnt mind playing on "Hard" mode, with all nerfes and stuff like that, it makes the game much more fun as you don't "beat" it in a day or two.
    I don't know why, but i can't see any conflict here. Greg has his addon, IC2 devs has IC2 itself. Nobody is obligated to use his addon nor any modpack which has it.

Actually there is NO solution to make everyone happy, as long you have SMP servers.

He probably tought no one would bug him about this nerf, he usually adds has a config to all nerfes he makes, he updates so quickly you shouldn't mind asking him.
    He is the owner of the mod and has the power to decide what is in it, if you don't like it, just don't use it.
    If you don't like the fact he doesn't add configs at time he releases a nerf, just stop using it. Configs are added just because of people like you.
    I seriously wouldnt mind playing on "Hard" mode, with all nerfes and stuff like that, it makes the game much more fun as you don't "beat" it in a day or two.
    I don't know why, but i can't see any conflict here. Greg has his addon, IC2 devs has IC2 itself. Nobody is obligated to use his addon nor any modpack which has it.

Actually there is NO solution to make everyone happy, as long you have SMP servers.

My main point is, ic2 inst his mod, but he still messes with it anyways. Adding a scaffold nerf without a config is solid proof of that. A mod developer should work to make something that the people like and what they enjoy, not what the developer enjoys. He is making this mod for himself more than anything else. I agree he can decide what goes into it, but he still can't put things that change other mods whenever he pleases. He shouldn't have to think about whether people will or will not take kindly to this addon messing with their other mods. Saying
    "He probably tought no one would bug him about this nerf" is no excuse for adding random things without warning. I want to play minecraft with mods like this. I did not ask to play minecraft:greg edition.

The whole thing in a nutshell is, its not as simple as just not using anything with gregtech because that limits options for people. A whole community shouldn't be cut off just because one minecraft modder is overstepping normal boundaries and causing a stir in the process. Greg is causing this whole problem, he needs to fix it.

Its the third time i'm writing this : HE WILL ADD A CONFIG FOR EVERY NERF IF YOU ASK HIM!
    You could also suggest changing the way he nerfes scaffold. Like you said , instead of reducing amount, making it not burnable.
    No one is perfect, he may have not tought about this way of nerfing.

This doesn't change the fact that the current version lacks a config for yet another one of his nerfs. This is a shared mod, not just his. I shouldn't have to ask for his permission to make it optional to disable his nerfs on ic2. They should all start with config options as soon as they are added. Ideally though, he should not decide whats best for something that a lot of people use and isn't even his to begin with. But that just happens to be my opinion in this massive, unnecessary, and infuriating conflict. Someone with power in this situation MUST do something to try and resolve it. This is just getting crazy.

I may be on "team no nerfs", but above all, I really just want a solution to this that makes everyone happy, which isn't an impossible feat.
    Can we all at least agree on that?

You can not be serious when saying this.

If I were greg I'd just add config options to those changes. If people don't like it they can turn it off manually.

He didn't add a config for scaffold nerf, he chose the option that would cause more controversy than making it not burn, and made it forced. Are you too blind to see the trend of constant new things for people to argue over? Every second i think about this my belief that greg is fueling his own personal flame war gets stronger. The evidence is just so clear. Every time the flame war dies down, he ends up doing something that lights it back up. Im not trying to start a new war, I just want this thing to be over with and that will only happen if greg gets involved himself and starts giving us answers. If he continues to stay on the sidelines and doesn't help, then he will prove my point.

Yes, it DOES nerf scaffold. As people could use them for a massive energy gain on generators.
    Edit: Greg ninja'd me =\
    Edit2: About capes (again) , donators get the cape called "GregTech Cape" [The G on the back is white], and you have the one called "Gregorius Cape" [The G on the back is yellow]
    I wish i could have special cape (related to windengineering and GT "support"), would that be asking too much =D ?

Greg could have done a much better way of fixing this without ruining scaffolds entire purpose, just make them not burn in any furnace. He instead makes scaffolds completely impractical and ruins their usefulness by making them more expensive than wood planks. And he forgot to add a config option like he always does. He is not listed as an actual developer of ic2, he isn't part of the group that codes it. Its starting to look like greg wants this flame war over his addon to continue, he is always making changes that are obviously (and possibly intentionally) controversial. The last thing anyone needs is someone fueling a flame war that has lasted this long and gotten this severe. If he wants changes to ic2, suggest them to the ic2 devs, don't change a popular addon to fit your own personal desires? Is this really too much to ask?

An easy solution to the problem with people that use this mod and don't want the balance changes it adds would to package the balance changes separately. Therefore hardcore gregtech loyalists could have the balance changes that it adds that make ic2 "hardcore", and for the ones who want to play ic2 the way albaka designed it but want the items gregtech adds could have their way as well. I am aware that people say "well why don't you just not use the mod", the new things the mod adds are good but a lot of people believe greg has no right to go past mod cross compatibility and simply rewrite how parts of other mods work, and I myself am starting to see evidence of some of the changes greg is adding are not optional (scaffolds?).

This part is addressed directly to you Greg. This unnecessary conflict has raged on for much too long. You need to man up and do something to resolve this. This flame war cannot be allowed to go on because you don't agree with the careful balance albaka and the other developers of industrial craft 2 have created with their mod. If you have any shred of decency you will work to help resolve this conflict in a way that makes everyone happy.

Does this mod nerf the amount of wood scaffolds given for the recipe from 16 to 4? I have a fairly extensive modpack for 1.4.5 and I cannot find out which mod is causing this (disabling 50 mods 1 at a time is not practical). I cannot find a config option for this in gregtech or a lot of other mod configs that fit the bill. If it is gregtech that is doing this, I would find that annoying since the purpose of scaffolds in the first place is that they are cheaper than planks to make but follow a set of physics rules. If this isn't the culprit and someone knows what is causing this, please let me know.

This sounds like a decent idea, though the watermill is meant to be a very simple to use device and this new system for determining the eu produced could make it harder to make high efficiency watermills, not to mention it would nullify almost every watermill setup as they all use still blocks. Still blocks should produce some eu, maybe 1/2 the current amount so unconverted setups could still function but there will be good reason to update.

Luminators are a decent device in industrial craft, but they could be improved. First, luminators should not use their internal storage when powered by cables. When I place them on wires they quickly drain the batboxes of their power all at once and waste 30 minutes of light when you try to turn them off. Another good feature would be to allow luminators placed on normal blocks to be able to draw EU packets from a cable that is on the opposite side of the block the luminator rests on. This would allow the use of the alternate shapes without having to recharge each luminator in your base by hand. With these improvements the luminators would be more practical and have uses other than frying zombies.

Ok, I screwed up. I see that now. I see some of things ive done were wrong and i regret them. I haven't exactly been having a easy going life lately and ive been venting it off where I shouldn't. Ive been having to deal with some messed up stuff that I prefer not to mention. Anyways, I would like to take this chance to offer my sincere apology for all the trouble or frustration I have caused for anyone, regardless if it does any good for me. All I ask is for you to accept my apology, the rest I will leave completely up to you. Deal with this how you think works best.

Ever since the mode switch buttons were merged to one single key, I have been dealing with a fair amount of hassle using it with items, I commonly have multiple items that use the mode switch feature in use at once. The result is very unpredictable and often deadly, like changing the mining laser to explosive mode when im trying to land with my jetpack. I have noticed that once i take out a mining laser, the hover mode for jetpacks becomes stuck at its current state. I really preferred it when the different devices had their own controls, so i propose that support for both configurations be made so that people can choose whether to have 1 mode button or not.

Let me make one thing clear, my intentions were never to troll you or any part of the blue team. I am not the type of person who does things like that to people that i know as well as the ones on the server. And to clarify, the account im currently using is a temporary situation, I have had no end of trouble with mojang involving my main minecraft account, the struggle has been going off and on for months. And the proxy was in a large part so the red team would not instantly recognize me and therefore allow me to scout the map without being hunted. I do admit my list of complaints may have been a bit much, but I was doing it in the hope if I made them well enough known some effort would be diverted to fix them. I also admit my technique was unorthodox and not very well though through, ill give you that. Still, what I did was barely deserving of the condescending, rude, and arrogant tone you displayed to me. You used to be a kind, helping, and in general a good spirited person who i enjoyed seeing on the server. I am still in disbelief in the complete turnaround your demeanor has made, it is as if your new position in the ranks has gotten to your head. No offense but you acted just like a brat child with rich parents when you were talking to me. Don't become that kind of person.

This server has changed a lot in my absence. And whatever respect i had on it has apparently vanished with the old map. I honestly did not expect to get killed by one of my own team mates, then have him talk to me in a very hostile tone all over a short bout of complaints. This server really is becoming less and less enjoyable for me and its to the point where im losing interest in making further attempts to better the expierence for myself and others. As a result I will possibly not be returning to this server. It was a good run, but I can see the end and I do not like what I see.

I have the bare bones of mods for running ic2 and the only other thing i have is tmi. I have noticed that all sorts of items that use damage values are acting strangely. The jetpack shows a nearly empty bar at value 25, items appear to only go to damage value 27. it even shows up like such in creative or legitimately created items.