Posts by wasmic

I realized that you need 8 lead for a dense lead plate, if lead recipes is on. Lead is not nearly as common as copper, so maybe a dense lead plate should just be 3 or 4 lead? Lead is also a very dense metal, so it would make sense. Also, I don't know if it works like this, but the configs should be like:

UseCopperInReactors: [True/False]
    UseLeadInReactors: [True/False]

So that you can leave both recipe sets on.

pff n00b, the vanilla minecraft is 4 netherrack -> 1 nether brick block, the ic2 is 3 netherrack -> 1 nether brick block. The vanilly also takes longer time, unless you use an induction furnace.

As you can see, it's 4:1 in vanilla, and 3:1 in IC2. Oh, and congratulations, you managed to post a post that wasn't exorbitally rude.

I woke up, jumped on my quad, and raced back to Mojang City. A bit outside the city was an old space center, build for rockets and such. As all of our cruisers went offline, all their systems fried, the only way to get into space now was to use chemical rockets. This rocket would put me in orbit, so that I could draw a map of spambot bases. It was armed with lasers, which were not affected by the tech-bomb. I sat inside it, and the engines started. There was something about rockets that starships just can't match, the sheer amount of power coming out of the engines. Starplanes might be more powerful, but rockets... you can actually feel the power streaming out of the engines, in form of super hot steam. It was accelerating quickly, and after a few hours, I was in a stable orbit. I pulled out a map and draw all the spambot bases that I could see. Luckily, the spambots were also hit by their own bomb, so they couldn't use starplanes, and they had never taken their time to develop rockets. Their own weapon gave us the upper hand. After a day, I had mapped the whole planet, and I prepared for a retrograde burn, which would kill my momentum, leaving gravity to do the rest.

------INCOMING TRANSMISSION------
    ------ENCRYPTED CONNECTION ESTABLISHED------
    Control: This is control, do you read me?
    Wasmic: I read you loud and clear.
    Control: Good. You will have to do a retrograde burn in 15 minutes. Are you ready?
    Wasmic: Yes.
    Control: Good. You will land just outside Mojang City, and you will be picked up within 10 minutes. Wait, what is this? I've just got information that a massive CME is heading your way. This will make for some beautiful aurora down here, and a very high dose of radiation for you. You'll want to get inside the atmosphere. Just activate the engines now. The Coronal Mass Ejection might jam the radio, so we probably won't be able to get in touch with you until you touchdown.
    Wasmic: Okay, activating engines now. Getting ready for atmospheric descent.
    ------ENCRYPTED CONNECTION LOST------

I activated the engines, slowing down my pod enough for the gravity to take over. The CME travelled with a speed close to c, so I had a very short warning. Particle effects started showing up around my pod, glowing red. Then the CME arrived. Luckily, the atmosphere had taken the blunt of the force, but I was still subjected to high amounts of radioactivity as I descended through polar lights near the equator. The parachutes unfurled, and my descent slowed down.

In the base outside Mojang City, I was reading the radars. A strange signal showed up in the desert, and I ran a thorough scan. It was definitely a spambot signal. I reported it to my superiors, and I was sent out to investigate. I jumped into my plane and took off. I landed a kilometer from the signal, pulled out an ATV, and raced the rest of the way. When I arrived, it was a small spambot atmospheric transporter, crashed down. Scanners revealed that no spambots were inside, so I went in. What I found was a bomb. But not just any bomb. It was a tech bomb, and a big one at that. A bomb that would use some obscure quantum mechanic to destroy all sufficiently advanced tech. I started scanning it, looking for a way to destroy it. It was fruitless, if I would try to disarm it, it would insta-detonate. But there was something the spambots had not thought of - I could hack it, making it not only affect our tech, but also the spambots' tech. So I hacked it. I then picked up my radio.

------INITIATE BROADCAST------
    This is wasmic. To anyone who can hear me, get your teleporters tuned in to frequency [ENCRYPTED WITH reCAPTCHA 4096 BIT ENCRYPTION]. This will teleport you to Mojang City. A tech bomb may go off any minute now, and you don't want to be in space when that happens. I do not know how severe it will be, but hurry up.
    ------ABORT BROADCAST------

I started packing up my stuff prparing to drive back to my plane. The the bomb exploded. In the distance my plane exploded, but my ATV was unharmed. I looked up, and saw at least five explosions of starcruisers. The force-fields were no use against a tech bomb. My plasma rifle stopped working, but my laser was fine. We were set back by a thousand years, but so were the spambots. A convulsion came over me, I got a sort of nausea, and then I fainted.

Thanks for the response. I see your point about the vanilly reactors. Also, server owners could just add the custom-recipes mod, and make a recipe for standard reactors that they find balanced.

The obsidian reflectors are a very welcome addition, now I might actually begin using reflectors. Maybe you should add a GregTech recipe for them. Your obsidian reflectors are quite well balanced against the vanilly reflectors, but with GT making them require berylium vells, your reflectors throw balance right out of the window. You should add a config for the thick obsidian reflectors to require Be in the crafting recipe.

Is 1.115.304 for 1.4.7 or 1.5.1? If it is for 1.4.7, I'll install this addon first thing tomorrow. Oh, and could you please add a config option to also keep the old reactors, so that, for example on a server, people could choose if they want to use your reactors or the vanilla IC2, without an op having to cheat the chambers/core in?

EDIT: Just noticed that there are no 1.4.7 versions... It'd be awesome if you could make a back-port, I'm sure I'm not the only one on 1.4.7, but if you don't want to, or would rather focus on getting the mod out of alpha, I'll just wait until RP2 updates and IC2 for 1.5.1 gets stable, as those are the only of my many mods still not updated.

I'll start.
    Ethan Hunt is climbing on the face of the Big Ben, but nobody knows why. He stands on one of the arms, when suddenly the RED Soldier rocket jumps all the way up to him. The soldier hits Ethan with a shovel, but Ethan draws out a gun and starts shooting. Meanwhile, Batman pulls out a gear, making the hands turn, sending the Soldier and Ethan plummeting. Ethan activates his parcute, and the Soldier shoots a rocket into the ground, stopping his fall.

Rules: You post a bit of a story. The story is about people beating each other up, detonating bombs, and being totally badass. You may use both fictional and real characters. If a character is killed, he/she/it goes on a list in this post, and if a character is killed, it may not be used again. Ever. You don't need to have a character killed off, and you do not need to introduce new characters in every post. Absolutely no alliancess between characters. Ever. Everybody hates each other. Inspired by this video: The Ultimate Showdown.

The Fallen:
    A guy called Joseph
    The BLU sniper

So, I was flying towards this quite HUGE spambot base, a nuclear bomb in payload. I got a visual on the base, and started going up in altitude. When I reached 10 kilometers, I dropped the bomb, quickly turned my plane around and did a steep dive to get away from the upcoming explosion. Currently, only about 20 % of Minecraftia had fallen, but that was about to change. I speeded away from the spambot base, put my goggles on, and then, the flash came. Maybe half a minute later, the shockwave caught up with me, earshatteringly loud. I put the craft on autopilot, looked out the back window, and saw utter destruction. The entire base had been leveled, only a few small buildings still stood. I changed course, heading toward Mojang City. It was still largely untouched by the war - a few buildings were reduced to rubble, but that was very few. The spambots would also be better off with taking the city without destroying it, so the people of Mojang City would be safe, at least until a spambot army would arrive. I landed my craft, then quickly went to the Sinnaj63 armed forces headquarters in Mojang, telling them that their boss was stuck. They started rigging up the teleporters, and a few seconds later, Sinnaj63, the 2 soldiers, the medic, and the arm of chaos were back.

Wasmic: "Oh, god dammit. Only seven days 'till the spambots scorch Minecraftia... Wait, why would they do that? It makes no sense, all the other planets were simply overrun and used for, well, spamming more spambots."

Sinnaj63: "You say something. Transmission guy, can I hear the transmission from thepowdertoy again?"

Transmission guy: "Yeah, sure. Here you go."

------Transmission playback initialized------
    thepowdertoy: For all people that are located near Minecrafta, go to Minecrafta orbit NOW!!!! Our planet will soon be bombarded by a lot of spambots and I need your help! As far as you know, I have a hijacked spambot ship that is about 3 Minecraftia moons size, and the spambots will come here bringing this same type of ship, 3 ships! It is known that this ship posses a extremely high production spambot factory, and even 1 of this ship is sufficient to bring about 30% Minecraftia overruned by the spambots! It will come here in about 9 days
    ------Transmission playback ended------

Sinnaj63: "Ok, I just noticed two things: thepowdertoy made a lot of typo's WHILE SPEAKING???, and the transmission only said that the ships produced spambots, not that they were armed with Minecraftia-shattering KABOOM weapons."

Wasmic: "Then there might still be a chance. I suggest that we booby-trap all of our facilities and factories, including your old moon base, then evacuate the planet. We should also do harassment strikes on the spambot bases for the next few days. Somehow, my air/space fighter-bomber survived the facility explosion. I'll strike the base next to Mojang City today. Then I'll land and transmit a request for evac."

Sinnaj63: "Ok. In the meantime, I'll make plans for retaking Minecraftia, after the spambots have overrun the planet."