Posts by wasmic

Quartz is SiO² so it contains silicium which is used in realworld for solar panels, making this more realistic than some coal dust.
    Maybe increase the energy-output for the higher price??

You do realize, that in english, "silicium" is not a word? Si is called silicon in english, which makes people from most other european countries confused.
    So in english, there's something called silicon and something called silicone. In most other european languages, they're called silicium and silicone. I made this mistake too :)

Oh, and DO NOT, EVER, increase the energy output of solars. EVER. (CompactSolars and Advanced Solars are special cases)

I woke up in a dark room. Frequent dull booms sounded, and the earth trembled. I was undergound, I could hear. My throat hurt, and I started to remember. Bitterholz had saved me in the nick of time from a spambot that tried to strangle me. I got up. I wasn't really wounded, luckily. I walked out of the room, and found myself in a deserted hallway. I went on, up some stairs, up more stairs, out a door, and came into a crowded room. Refugees. I walked through the room and out a door. There I met war. Cold, brutal war. I loaded my rifle, and when a spambot landed before me, I shot it before it could say "KITCHEN?!". The spambots had advanced even more, fighting was almost to the city center. I radio'd my squad, getting ready for sandbags. I grabbed my gravity gun and started building a wall around the Great Plaza of Mojang City. It was truly a great plaza, one square mile in size and covered with marble, infused with veins of glowstone. It glowed beatifully at night, but now it would soon be destroyed if we failed here.

Four miles of 2 meters tall sandbag walls had been erected. We withdrew the last of the forces from outside the wall, and braced for assault. It didn't come. Instead, the spambots did something a lot worse. They started shelling us. Light shells, heavy shells, mortar shells and auto-tank shells, even gas shells. They shelled us the whole afternoon, and also the evening. Nobody was left outside the bunkers at that time. When I emerged, the once so beautiful Great Plaza had been bombed, dotted with craters. Soldiers flooded out the bunkers, the sandbag walls manned within minutes, and in the nick of time. The spambots charged, WWI style. They were easy targets, but with their hive-mind they gladly sacrificed themselves as cannonfodder. We shot, and shot, and shot, and then the spambots were done for. Huge piles of spambots covered every street, every boulevard, that led to the great plaza. Then came the good news. Over 80 percent of the spambot horde had been destroyed. Now, WE charged. Our losses were minimal, as the spambots tried to defend their heavy artillery, and they hadn't set up bunkers. We flushed them out of Mojang City, filled by a rush of fighting, a lust for the smell of scrapped spambot. We secured Mojang City.

------Transmission Initiated------
    Wasmic: Bitterholz, do you read me? I'm trying to retake the barricades, maybe we'll *Huge explosion*
    Wasmic: SHIT! They have blown up an auto turret, and are advancing into the city! I have been commanded to fall back to the city center. You should do the same
    Bitterholz: Got it. I'll be there soon enough.
    ------Transmission Aborted------

Mojang City was a wreck. Spambots flooded the wide streets, people leaning out of their windows to fire on them. I ran towards the city center... and was cut off from my group. I hid from the spambots. It wouldn't be long before their sensors found me.

We ended the spambot wars season 2 prematurely due to it being derailed. Please read THIS before posting in this thread.
    Oh, and it's the second spambot war, not the third. The timeline where the second spambot war took place was destroyed, so this is the "new" second spambot war from an out-of-story perspective, but just the second from an in-universe perspective.

------Initiate Broadcast------
    Wasmic: This is Wasmic, can anyone hear me? The spambots have attacked Minecraftia in a surprise attack! All spaceports have been taken by the spambots, and we have no warships in orbit, only small space shuttles. We need to take back the spaceports, or the spambots will overrun us! A horde of at least 4 million spambots with auto-tanks are inbound for Mojang City, so that'll be our top priority. Remember to... bzzz
    ------Broadcast Interrupted------

Thanks, T10a. I'll start a spambot wars season 3 thread when I get home (in a few hours). I'll also start a thread where you can post what things you are in possesion of, so that no confusion will arise about thing like "who was it again that was a cyborg and who had that starship". I'll also remember some writing guidelines, like "no godmodding" and "no godmodeing", and also some tips for writing a good story.

I had fun with Spambot Wars 2, thanks, everybody!

------Broadcast initiated------

Wasmic: "This is wasmic, does anyone read me? Repeat, does anyone read me?"

Blaster: "I read you loud and clear."

Thepowdertoy: I read you, too."

Wasmic: "Good. This is urgent. Chaos is becoming totally unstable, and no matter how hard he tries to contain it, the chaos energy is going to overflow at some point, soon. When that happens, the whole universe may rip up. Or only a few galaxies, but you get the idea. My research shows that what most likely happened was that chaos absorbed the power of his namesake entity, CHAOS. With that went also some of its memories, and some of its personality. The chaos energy doesn't like to be confined to a physical form, though, so it is getting more and more, well, chaotic for each passing second. The only thing that can save us is if we can restore complete order to chaos, which will force the almost all of the energy out of him. This will depower him a lot, though he'll still have some chaos energy left."

Thepowdertoy: "How do we restore order to him, then? Throw him in a freezer to cool down?"

Wasmic: "Kinda. You need to launch all of your endothermic missiles at chaos at the same time. That will freeze him to close to absolute zero, where all particles are at a standstill, and therefore in perfect order. We can't freeze him to absolute zero, though, as that is impossible, but we can get darn close. If all goes as planned, that will expel most of the chaos energy harmlessly, with chaos still being very powerful from the remaining energy. Even if we could completely depower him, that would be stupid, as he is one of our big hopes for winning this war."

Blaster: "I think the spambots heard our conversation, because right now, they're attacking our endothermic missiles."

Thepowdertoy: "Same situation here."

Wasmic: "Okay, try to keep them at bay. I'll be on my way. Get the endothermics ready!"

------Broadcast aborted------

Day was coming. During the night, I had been clearing Mojang City of spambots, and now it was time to journey to space. A shadow covered the ruins of Mojang City as I ascended towards the battlefield in space.

I came back to the ruins of Mojang City. The whole city had been obliterated, and not a single building still stood. However, smoe cellars weren't completely destroyed, and I knew that there was a tunnel complex below. I went down into a cellar, and started journeying through the vast, pitch-black tunnels, my only source of light was a simple charcoal torch. I went deeper and deeper into the subterranean of Mojang City, the tunnels got smaller and narrower. The tunnel was blocked ahead, I knew where I was now. These parts of the tunnels had been sealed, sealed so that an unspeakable horror couldn't escape. But this was maybe the last chance for saving the planet, so I broke through the warded stone and into the deepest, darkest parts of Mojang Citys tunnel network. I was at least a kilometer into the ground now.

The tunnels here were wider, so my torch couldn't properly light the walls up. The fear came creeping in on me. There was a slithering sound somewhere, but I could not see what created it. Then I were at the heart of it all, a huge cavern with a... thing in the center. From it radiated darkness. I went slowly towards it. What was it? As I neared, the hypnotic, predictable patterns were changed. The darkness came creeping towards me, closer, and then I fainted.

When I woke up, the caves were still dark, but I had no trouble seeing. I extinguished my torch, total darkness fell, but I could still see. I started to move back out of the caves, and I went through the hole in the wardened stone. It was night when I came above ground again. A lone spambot ran past me, but it didn't see me. I grabbed it and crushed it before it could utter a "KITCHEN!", let alone send out a distress signal.

I was relaxing on the surface of Minecraftia, when suddenly the air-raid alarms went off. I thought. But no, this was a different tune. It hadn't been played for more than 500 years, but there it was. City destruction imminent. I rushed to my room, booted up my teleporter, and teleported 30 kilometers outside Mojang City. When I arrived, I saw what was happening: an asteroid was heading directly towards the center of Mojang City. One thing to do: Duck and cover.

The shockwave I didn't remember. I passed out from the heat first. But I survived, and when I came to, I went back towards the smoldering ruins of Mojang City as the same question went over and over again in my head: Why had the asteroid not been shot down?

You know, "The diary of the last survivors of the spambot apocalypse" was supposed to be, well, "the minecraftians are nearly destroyed and are fighting desperately", not "The minecraftians have superior phlebotinum to the spambots and pwn them totally". Just saying, as I find that this collaborative story has run wild, and is no longer about what it was meant to be about. That's why I encorporated that tech bomb in my post a few pages ago.

EDIT: I'm fine with hi-tec stuff and spaceships and all, I just find it a little weird that one minecraftian ship can hold off a whole spambot fleet and escape undestroyed.