Posts by wld427

I have been chewing on this a little...

I understand the decisions to limit the water mills and kinetic water generators for balance.

i was thinking though....

Since wind generators setups put out medium voltage why not switch the water generators to only put out LV?

paddle wheels were some of the earliest forms of energy used to provide power for saw mills and early industrial tech.

https://www.google.com/search?…9DPAhWC5iYKHSQZDYMQsAQIKQ

would make a neat multi block structure....

just a thought....

love this mod, thanks to the devs and all those involved.

So i have this neat little river next to my house in our SMP 1.10.2 server.....

Having great fun playing with the kinetic wind generators... love the improvement over the old setups.

So i thought i would try out the kinetic water generator. I have placed them in the river biome and tried putting a wooden rotor into the device but it will not accept it....

is there something I am missing? :cursing:

using 1.10.2 version of IC2...

When using the scuba helmet i am getting random left over air cells with just 1mb of air or 667mb of air as well as some empty cells.

How can i empty the extras to refill them again?

I now have an entire box full of useless cells....

please advise.

Is energy loss per packet still truncated like it was back in the olden days? I.e. copper caple had 1 unit of loss every 5 blocks, but if you had a 4-block long cable you'd have 0 loss. Does it still work that way? Or do you get 0.8 loss now, because it counts decimals?

using latest release...

Is this the case again, as described above? It seems things have started exploding again...

:) :) :) now that i have rebuilt a large portion of my house since my server updated.....

trying to figure out how to wire it properly this time without any wasted voltage for my machines.

Well I am still having this issue. No matter what source of power, drill or scanner used.......

My server admin and i built this pack. We threw it all together and it worked. i guess at this point is anyone aware of a config entry or a possible conflicting mod that would cause this?

( I apologize if the images are too large)

As you can see it is a simple setup. Whether it be by solar or the generator the battbox is full of energy, the miner itself registers as full of energy. It simply does not do anything regardless of standard or diamond drill. Even tried swapping out the scanners.

If anyone has any ideas please let us know we are lost in the sauce.....

PS this is in single player as well as multiplayer.

miner sat for an extended period of time... like hours.... did absolutely nothing.

I had a battbox connected to the generator and then the battbox was connected to the miner. The generator ran until the battbox was full and then did nothing. To test electrical flow i temporarily stuck a macerator to the piece of cable between the battbox and the miner. The macerator worked fine. So i know the electricity is not the issue.

Hello, my first post here so please excuse me if it is in the wrong place.

I am using Industrialcraft2 experimental v 2.2.706

this is a multiplayer 1.7.10 environment on survival.

i just built a miner and plopped it down like i always do. using a generator and battbox to power it. Insert regular mining drill and an OD scanner with mining pipes..... and nothing.

The generator is functioning and the battbox is full of EU.... yet the miner does not do anything.

has something changed in the operation of the miner? there are no beehives or water anywhere near it.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    Eddie