Cable changes in 1.10?

• I noticed that the double/triple insulated gold/iron cables seem to be back in 1.10. Why? I seem to remember that long ago the extra insulation reduced their loss, but then they were removed and covered iron cable just took 3 rubber to insulate and that was that. The loss listed by JEI for all 3 levels of insulation appears to be the same, so why are the multiple levels back?

Also, tin cables now seem to have the same loss as copper, but it used to be lower, giving a reason to use it instead of copper.

• Official Post

The difference with multi-insulated cables is: If your cable is not insulated, you get zapped, when you're nearby and there's energy flowing through the cables. The more insulation you add, the more energy needs to go through the cable before you get zapped. If you use a 1x Insulated HV cable, you will still get zapped, when there's HV going through. You won't get as much damage as you would, if it's not insulated, but you will still get some damage.
    Tin cables used to have the same energy loss as glass-fiber-cables, but back then, they were Tier 0 (8 EU/t). With the tier shift, we got since then, there was a need for a new tier 1 cable. Giving them back the glass-fiber-cable-stats would make them too strong. However, you're correct as in that they're too useless right now.

• How is the amount it is carrying measured? I keep reading that EU packets are gone, but they still seem to be there. A HV transformer still seems to ship out 2048 eu in a tick, any time that it contains enough to do so. Does that mean that even if you are sending only 128 eu/t over a HV cable, it will shock you every 16 ticks, or does it get averaged over some period of time and then check the insulation count?

• Is energy loss per packet still truncated like it was back in the olden days? I.e. copper caple had 1 unit of loss every 5 blocks, but if you had a 4-block long cable you'd have 0 loss. Does it still work that way? Or do you get 0.8 loss now, because it counts decimals?

• Is energy loss per packet still truncated like it was back in the olden days? I.e. copper caple had 1 unit of loss every 5 blocks, but if you had a 4-block long cable you'd have 0 loss. Does it still work that way? Or do you get 0.8 loss now, because it counts decimals?

using latest release...

Is this the case again, as described above? It seems things have started exploding again...

:) :) :) now that i have rebuilt a large portion of my house since my server updated.....

trying to figure out how to wire it properly this time without any wasted voltage for my machines.