Posts by CiderCraft

Isn't big support range better?
    Is one block placing hard?
    Is placing one scaffold 1 block deep in wall such a problem?
    Anyway Al will decide.

Hopefully it will have increased support range.
    "One block placing" obviously isn't hard, but the point of this is that it doesn't NEED a block underneath - it's fixed directly to the wall.
    Placing scaffold IN the wall is at least 2 problems - effectively reduces support range by one, and doesn't look so good from outside if you have one block thick walls.

I was thinking that you would still reinforce the central pieces, just that you use iron fences. That, and support can come from any direction, along with about 2x the support distance over wooden scaffolding.

Right, I get you now. Completely forgot about reinforcing further out...

Quick thought, how about vanilla iron bars? 6 iron = 16 bars, could use those to replace sticks? Scrap the auto-reinforcement.

So, current changes from wood scaffs:
    Recipe 3 iron ingot, 3 iron bars in scaffold pattern.
    Supported by block below or solid, non-scaffold block next to it.
    Reinforce with 1 iron bars. (Dropped with the scaffold when broken)
    Support range 8.

How's that sound? Feels like it'd be easier to code, aside from them being able to detect walls for support.

ShadowHunter12: That's what I'm aiming for, and hopefully they'll look much more factoryish than wood ones!

Really appreciate the input everyone, thanks!

Ranakastrasz: Fences could work too. Or have something like the plank > stick or RefIron > HV cable recipe, but input plain iron bars and give ReBar? (possibly added to ore dictionary to not conflict with railcraft?). I don't know, but something should replace the sticks.

Garkin: Glad I got the mental image of what i was after across!

Sebra: Works similar to the wooden one, but instead of requiring direct support from below, it can be supported by a wall next to it. Also, instead of sticks, treat it as reinforced if there's either a block below or a non-scaffold block next to it (allowing "floating" scaffolds to extend from it as wooden ones do). Hope that's clear enough :)

Name:
    Iron Scaffold

Describtion:
    Useful for gantries/walkways or even industrial-looking factory floors (google image "steel walkway").
    Basically, it's a scaffold for those of us who have evolved past wooden shenanigans.

Does not need to be reinforced, can either be supported from below or stuck to a wall (or even hung from ceiling?). Otherwise, works like wooden ones. Maybe unsupported ones can reach further?

Recipe: Replace wood with iron, and lacking an iron-stick, uninsulated HV wire will do. Makes 16?

Implemented, currently debugging.

Direwolf20's mod spotlight 12:40, woohoo! Thanks to everyone for their input, and the IC2 team for getting it in!

Name:
    Replace tin in RE-bat recipe with empty cell

Describtion:
    Apologies if this has been mentioned, I did search but no luck.
    Just wondering what your opinions are on modifying the RE-Battery (possibly single-use too?) recipe to require an empty cell instead of 4 tin? Would save a ton of tin early game.

Recipe:
    EWE
    RCR
    E: empty, W: Ins. Copper Cable, R: Redstone, C: Empty Cell.

Apologies if I've missed this being requested earlier, went through all 26 pages and didn't find it though.

Would it be possible to add a small* (possibly optional?) EU requirement to redstone engines, inline with the ratio of BCE:EU that other engines use? Trying to have a "nothing free, nothing with no real world equivalent**" game, and redstone engines are - while limited - free energy.

* Steam/Small electrics produce what, 1 BCE/tick? Maybe have redstones use 1 EU/cycle?
    ** Within the obvious limits of minecraft - not many creepers and dragons in England. None outside Parliament anyway...

Fantastic mod by the way, BC engines have been firmly relegated to ingredient only status now!