Posts by CiderCraft

Agree on changing title, something as simple as "Suggestion: Cider brewing" will grab attention and instantly get the point across.

Possible option, use forestry apple juice, unless it's not installed (or not wanted) then use macerated apples. Also, true cider is nothing but apple juice, water (max 10%) and yeasties. No sugar unless the apples didn't generate enough that year.

The dot on the MFE is the output side. Use your wrench on the gold cable side and it will move the output so that power can actually go to your machines.

Alternatively, have the MFE output on the left side, the transformer to the left of it with the input facing right, and you won't waste EU by having cables that are too long.

I like it. I always felt glass-fiber should be used as data transfer, not power conduction, and this is as good a use for it as any. If this was implemented (slight tangent here), maybe we could have gold cables take over as the low-resistance HV cable, and add a bronze cable to replace gold for MV?

As for the handwaving, the atoms aren't travelling along the cable at all - just all the information about them that the receiving teleporter will use to recombobulate you. Maybe even translate distance eu-loss to this? Instead of losing an eu every 40 blocks, lose half a heart, and/or x% durability/charge loss on damage-able items?

so is this possible/practical to implement code wise code wise?

Teleporters are already ingame, this is pretty much just changing the linking mechanics to finding a valid cable route (much like the e-net code). Maybe allow teleporter naming/labelling, and a GUI to select from all valid (linked and powered) destinations?

Mininglaser in Hotbar + Mousewheel + Laaaaag + Rightclick = ZAP.

Mining laser not in hotbar = No misfire.

If the simple act of selecting a different active item is for whatever reason (lag, hitting the wrong key or anything else) too difficult, get into the habit of only putting the laser on your bar when you're about to use it, and take it off afterwards.

What next, recycler safety mode so we can't accidentally scrap diamonds?

Off Mode is a MUST HAVE ! Don't know how oftern I have destroyed my entire Base on accidentally firing the laser in Explosion mode..... :D

Like the first two ideas, but the third (as was pointed out repeatedly in the last thread about it, and now twice in this one), is kinda pointless. Only have the laser selected when you're using it, and you're safe.

As an amateur brewer I'd love to see things head in this direction, but I can also understand why they probably won't.

To the idea itself: Could be done with no additional blocks, by having milled grain x + water bucket = mash x recipes, and mashing in a furnace. Chilling the wort would be a problem, it's as important a step as any other so would need either a refrigerator machine (and other uses for it), a damage over time for the wort items (wherever they are, and assuming it's even possible), something along the lines of an ice version of bc's waterproof pipes, or more likely skipping the step entirely.

And why a ton of Coal? Oh moment you are using Railcraft, but seriously, why Coal if Highspeedrails are not costing Woodties.

I only use my coke ovens for charcoal. Even at double the fuel value, I'd rather have the option of dusting my coal than turning it into coke, and wood to charcoal still gives (half as much) creosote.

ehh, i'm not to fond of something THAT complicated. i'd rather just be like "hmm i have 128 Blocks of gold, i think i'll make a high speed track from point A to B. and add a few redstone torches. if it's something that requires a good amount of time to Setup and place then i'd rather the recipie be quick and easy, or vice versa. not both.

That's actually simple, all you need is the rolling machine for the rebar and rails, and a bunch of stone for the ties.

an even better idea!!!! a "bed" that can be laid in at any point in time, doesn;t matter, day or night. but it considers you in bed while your in it healing. this way players could AFK in their houses to keep their machines running while they heal and are not inconveniencing the other players when they are trying to sleep to make it day :D and it does not kick you from it once it is morning.

Bonus points if it replaces the nearest door with a "Do not disturb!" sign while in use.

Maybe this redstone wire can be used like magnet wire for new transformer recepies

Not sure I understand. The idea behind this is either a paint, or a coated insulation to allow a cable to also conduct redstone.

now back to the OP: i highly agree with this idea, maybe we should be able to make 1 or 2 colors into Redstone dye, even if it's just Red and Blue dye.

Do you mean give red and/or blue paint the ability to carry redstone signals? Could work, would save having to make an extra painter. The "how" I'm not too fussed about, more the "can it be done, and if so, will it be done?"

well i hope you realize variation 2 puts it high tier as well, and 4 is unrelated to the machine recipe problem.
    also heres one more
    5. copier can not execute recipes that happen in other machines only what can be done with a crafting table

5 puts it lower tier

I do realise that, but how is uu-matter handled? Does it work via the standard matter to item conversion recipes? If so, what happens to excess items from the conversion, that aren't immediately used in the replication?

Heh, caught me mid-edit.

Think I follow you now, it essentially reverse-engineers the item you input, and given power and resources replicates said item? Interesting twist on the autocraft concept.

Personally, a combination of variant 1 and 3 sounds like the way to go for what sounds like a pretty high-tier item. If it can't find what it needs for variant 1, fallback to variant 3.

slime+compressor=resin?

I'd be more tempted to make that a furnace recipe, "boil off" most of the water to end up with a stickier goopy resiny mess. Like the idea of a cfoam ingredient, or maybe even as an additive to prevent drying, allowing wet foam based traps that don't just dry up and break?