Posts by Phrost

Forestry netherbees produce phosphor.

Also, im very interested in producing catalyst.

Another thing I would love see used in gregtech is slag from thermal expansion. Slag can also be used to make fertilizer.

Whats about Sulfur + Saltpeter + Coal/Charcoal Dust = Gunpowder. :D

And is Sulfur really suitable as Fertilizer? *Asking to everyone*

Sulfur -> fertilizer is directly from wiki, as are all my suggestions.

And how much gunpowder can I possibly need? I already have crazy amounts of gunpowder + dynamite.

Catalyst and fertilizer on the other hand are far more useful.

Hiya!

First of let me say awesome MOD I absolutely love it, adds so much complexity to the game.

I do have a bit of a request though, I have accumulated crazy amounts of sulfur to the point where I am void piping it now. I am sure you have your own planks for it, but I was wondering if I could make a bit of a suggestion.

sulfur + methane = cellophane and rayon (cotton) - if you ever want to add it / use it.
    sulfur + calcium = fertilizer (calcium sulfate) for forestry
    Sulfuric acid (factorization) + ??? = catalyst for forestry?

We found it too OPED. I mean RP cobble machines and etc.. Then scraps feeding Mass Fabs... We had players with 1500+ Solar Panels and massive Mass Fab Factories within a couple weeks lol.

If someone is willing to put the time to come up with all of it and incorporate it I dont see what the problem is :)

Besides, there is much more creative ways of doing it :) Find a good pool of lava, pump it out, use deployer to fill buckets with lava, make cells, and run a ton of geogens :)

First of I know there are existing ways for accomplishing what this machine will do, but I figured it would be a nice fun alternative.

Purpose:
    Break up matter into particles and then reform those particles into alternate matter

Process:
    Way I thought of it is you can produce matter such as iron or diamonds by breaking up other matter, in particular cobblestone.
    The way I envisioned accomplishing this is feeding it stacks of cobblestone. It can process a stack of cobblestone in 15 seconds as long as it has sufficient energy.
    Each stack of cobblestone will yield 64 particles and will require 6400 energy to disassemble (100 energy per cobblestone)
    Once the machine reaches 1280 particles (at cost of 128000 energy) it will then materialize a diamond!

Cost of 1 diamond: 1280 cobblestone and 128000 energy.
    Total operation time: 5 minutes.

Alternatively it can produce iron. If the machine has redstone power it will produce diamonds, without it it will produce iron.
    Cost of 5 iron ore: 640 cobblestone and 6400 energy.
    Total operation time: 1 minute 15 seconds.

Recipe:
    :Glass Fibre: :Recycler: :Glass Fibre:

:Tesla Coil: :HV-Transformer: :Tesla Coil:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Recycler: :Advanced Circuit:

2 fiber cables
    2 recyclers
    2 mass fabricators (used tesla coil picture ><)
    2 advanced circuits
    1 HV transformer (to accept up to high voltage)

Now in order for this machine to operate you obviously need a good cobblestone generator + piping / tubing system to feed the material into the particle collector making it a great machine to go with buildcraft / RP2.

I think it will be a nice alternative for hoping to get a diamond from a scrapbox, hoping to scrape up enough diamonds to make MFSU + mass fabricator, or macerating all of your coal :)

If you use redpower2 eloraam added an incredible machine that interacts with blocks infront of it, the deployer.

Put a lava tank infront of that deployer and setup a bucket cycling system, her machine basically simulates a bucket right click on a lava tank, enabling fully automated and easy to maintain lava cell production.

If you are using RP2, and I dont see why anyone who uses IC/BC would NOT use RP2 there is an amazing solution

After I setup the factory and left for a bit I came back and all 640 of my empty cells were filled up :)
    Allow me to elaborate.

Around lvl 10-13 there is usually GIGANTIC lava pools. Setup a BC pump there, with a bit of work you can have steam engine operating the pump, being powered by the very lava it collects. Send the lava you collect to your processing area, wherever it may be. Basically you connect the waterproof pipes to a tank for storage.

Next, you connect a deployer to the tank and keep it filled with empty buckets (ill explain how to)
    Connect filter to the deployer and set lava bucket as filter
    Connect the filter to a chest with pneumatic tube (all your lava buckets will go there)
    Put all your empty cells in the same chest
    Put automatic crafting table next to the chest with the lava cell receipe as filter
    Finally, connect another filter to the chest, this time with empty bucket filter and send all the empty buckets back to deployer with tubes.

The way this works is deployer "right clicks" the lava tank with a bucket, filter pulls bucket out to chest, automatic crafting table using the stuff from chest makes lava cell, empty bucket gets sucked out by the 2nd filter and sent back to deployer.

I used the same method for water cells, then linked up the water cell output to extractor and created all the coolant cells I needed to make my 6 chamber reactor + its contents :)

Hope my explanation was clear enough, gl.

Tick 300 you already lose components, why dont you try to make something practical? It doesnt have to be 100 Eu/T, it can be less but stable you know.