Suggestion: (Machine) Particle Collector

• First of I know there are existing ways for accomplishing what this machine will do, but I figured it would be a nice fun alternative.

Purpose:
    Break up matter into particles and then reform those particles into alternate matter

Process:
    Way I thought of it is you can produce matter such as iron or diamonds by breaking up other matter, in particular cobblestone.
    The way I envisioned accomplishing this is feeding it stacks of cobblestone. It can process a stack of cobblestone in 15 seconds as long as it has sufficient energy.
    Each stack of cobblestone will yield 64 particles and will require 6400 energy to disassemble (100 energy per cobblestone)
    Once the machine reaches 1280 particles (at cost of 128000 energy) it will then materialize a diamond!

Cost of 1 diamond: 1280 cobblestone and 128000 energy.
    Total operation time: 5 minutes.

Alternatively it can produce iron. If the machine has redstone power it will produce diamonds, without it it will produce iron.
    Cost of 5 iron ore: 640 cobblestone and 6400 energy.
    Total operation time: 1 minute 15 seconds.

Recipe:
    :Glass Fibre: :Recycler: :Glass Fibre:

:Tesla Coil: :HV-Transformer: :Tesla Coil:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Recycler: :Advanced Circuit:

2 fiber cables
    2 recyclers
    2 mass fabricators (used tesla coil picture ><)
    2 advanced circuits
    1 HV transformer (to accept up to high voltage)

Now in order for this machine to operate you obviously need a good cobblestone generator + piping / tubing system to feed the material into the particle collector making it a great machine to go with buildcraft / RP2.

I think it will be a nice alternative for hoping to get a diamond from a scrapbox, hoping to scrape up enough diamonds to make MFSU + mass fabricator, or macerating all of your coal :)

• What you've just described is a high-speed recycler and cheaper mass-fab.

I support the idea of a super-expensive advanced recycler which processes a stack at a time (approximately same energy, just faster).