Posts by Sliderpro

Hm, I thought of something.
    Usually, we don't have problems with item ids, but we have problems with managing used\unused block ids
    so, why can't we change game behaviour in a way:
    that it thinks of blocks not of block ids, but rather then specific pattern of items\an block recepie?
    so example - we have a machine block, which is 8 ref. iron - when we craft it it turns from 8 irons to a block with specific id, but can't we hold this new entity as a
    "itemname" (somewhat like block id)+ "recepie" (which is like characteristic)
    so generally when we would say "machine block" we would rather say "8 refined iron in pattern "patterndescriptrion" "
    Basically, why can't we turn "blocks" into special type of "items" ?
    This would allow to ease things alot ~_~

My point was, that hamachi purpose is to create a lan - by creating a virtual network with virtual space, where people in group are connected to one host (hamachi server).
    I have a server, and it runs ok with hamachi - but I thought that it can share lan games. Too bad it can't ~_~

thanks for the info, i knew it would be low priority since we already have access to them ingame

also: I think the IC devteam could use a lesson in update schedule from yourself. they are getting quite slow these days especially for bugfixing. I'm guessing that's due to IRL constraints, fair enough, but they could do with "recruiting" more decent addon creators to the core coding team like al did with Richard. the concept of "too many chefs" be damned

IC team itself doesn't require tons of people - dragonlord + 2-3 people probably do all the coding. Sure, they could add Greg into beta team, but not all people would like extremely buggy version

Did you apply EU to the Computer?

you should apply EU to them? Lol

I know :DD the thread was old, I guess. I showed that the moment I saw it, so I won't be able to find this thread, way too big history folder.
    In the beginningI hated windmills and loved solars, but when I learned, that windmills can produce > 1 EU (I started my minecraft life not on this forum, but on rather crappy one), I myself found out something close to windmill towers, exept I made them from 100 up to max height with batbox each 4 layer and w\o transformers(I didn't know their purpose, beside V tier changing xD). I discovered, than they break sometimes and stopped building them after specific height. In the end I said - "screw solars, they will be my floor from now on!". That's my story x)
    But Solars still have their nifty-blue thing on top :love:

I laughted to death:

shit, visiting Technic forum is a ton of fun

When I first-looked on this mod, I thought, that these blocks are kind-of glowstone type, so when you mine it, it breaks into some basic ores, simular how glowstone breaks into glowstone dust. (that's the most obvious thing to create : D)
    Lived for some hours and now I can say, that this mod is tons of unusual experience and fun :thumbup:

Weird thing to ask - why so few reactions?
    Read English wiki article and it war rather crappy in numbers.

This one is Russian version, don't mind the article itself, just check up the reactions, maybe you'll find something interesting ^^ I think, that reactions can be made into different tiers, as some components are easy to get and others, well, not so easy to get, while energy requirements to start reaction between 2 H and He + D are significantly different (if I am correct..)

...use LAN multiplayer?
    Topic on minecraftforum was removed, and I wasn't able to find out things myself.
    I use hamachi, so a network with some people, than I press share - but game says, that it is localhosted! but I hold server for me and friends and it works with hamachi flawlessly. What the heck? 8|

What? I did nerf them? I currently have 33 Solarpanels and 5 Windmills, generating more EU than i need, when i go to bed at 18:32-MC-Time (according to the NuclearControl-Addon from Shedar). I'm still at Tier-II and i'm still out of Tin, even with my BC-Quarry+Mininglaser-Quarry-Combo.

And Nuclear Energy is not much cheaper. Maybe the Heliumcoolantcells, when you centrifuge Netherrack/Endstone, or centrifuging Uranium to get a bunch of depleted Cells which you can breed, or the Silktouch-Tool for doubling Diamond/Uranium/Gem mining by Hand with Macerators. But, moment... wow thats cheap, but i wont nerf it, as Nuclear is a good Energysource.

Would take a significant overhaul but it's a cool idea. Not like people aren't making charging floors with pad-banks already! ;D

Making each panel check for adj. panel would lag like hell, that won't do any good - I advice to make things soo much easier and to make special "control" panel for such checking job - and reacting to adj. block update (so, to make it check blocks).
    Something like a panel, which checks 3x3x1 or 5x5x1 space (different tiers?) around for charging pads, then (if any found) checks if this pad is attached to our panel\structure and then checks, if structure is correct (control panel in the middle), then it makes structure complete (turns into one huge panel maybe? in long perspective, could be a challenge :D man, so railcraftish >.>)
    I wonder, if it is easier to code things like control panel is made to ask connected blocks if they are pads, if yes - these pads ask nearby blocks and etc, until max structure size.
    Have almost no programming and grammar skilz - still suggesting tons of stuff, that's what I do :D
    As I see it, player would put some panels and then connect them to e-net, so they actually do some lag, as pads are passive EU eaters, and in large numbers they CAN do some real lagging. Don't get this post over-serious, it is more likely to satisfy my own need to share ideas xD

And i think about new powertool (hyperwave destroyer) it's breaks the molecular bonds in any materials by achieving a high frequency electromagnetic field. It's destroy any material (excluding bedrok and Players ) with one click (include in Flight mode).

Idea could be like this:
    we have a machine, that is like extractor. It takes our juicy melon-pumpkin thing and makes it... probably, makes it dry with true sunlight, water is then collected and then used to fill cells, while our dry-thing can be just burned in basic gen. Nice way to get water, if we use Greg hardcore no inf watersouce tweak and uses tons of coding aspects by the way ^^