Posts by mijnboogje

il say HAYO for an brutaly executed critism wave.

il try to stay nice.. i hate the way i have been flaming lately.

to start off, the brain machine... wel. i could go explain how things should be industrial and all sorts.. but honestly. the brain machine? i do not like it.
    i can understand you want to expand the enchantment system, expand it to even steve. but no, its just wel.... i cant explain it why not.

it is posible, dont get me wrong. i just dont like it. personal opinion ;) maybe somebody else does. but for this. cant realy add something to this. so il stick with an +0 rating for this. im neutral. :thumbup:

i got an excuse for not doing the spelling correct :) im dutch.

gonna work on it now, as i said. i expect to have an running reactor within one day. and posibly also an video

wel, to achieve the 2000 eu mark, i must fill an 6 chamber reactor all the way up to the point til i have only 8 slots for cooling.

planned ICE cooling : 40-50%
    planned water cooling : 50-60%

yes you read correct, i wil be making an hybrid CASUC. an first i think.

stay tuned!

first edit!

so far, i have build the ice system. it currently uses:
    7 snow generators (miner - pump - compressor (regulars)
    and 1 singularity compressor (advanced machines add on)

this system now uses an total of 32 eu at its peaks, leaving me with aproximatly 11 ice every 8 seconds. which in turn translates back to 1,33 ice every second. good for filling that first slot of the reactor. but i think i can squeeze more out of it. maybe fill up to 3 slots of the reactor with ice.

ceeping in mind that my peak for cooling the reactor may not exceed 50 eu.tick, il be doing some micro management to fine tune this progres. maybe i can even get 4 slots filled. but that is just random guesing.

it would be nice, 50% ice 50% water.

i promised an working reactor in 1 day, but just realised. i dont have the time! it wil take an bit longer. sorry guys.
    so far. making some good progres.

second edit:
    video up and running!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9oJbzHiWt0

concept proved. perfect ice an bucket cooling.

to do :
    hook this reactor up to legit cooling systems. as compact as i can.

something i decided, screw the 50 eu.tick, il go for the most extreme/efficient thing to make

wel folks,

i have been
    Challenged, to make an 2000 eu reactor (CASUC ofcourse.) which does not exceed an 50 EU.Tick in coolant needs.

so far my concept.
    compressors... advanced machines
    bucket filling - feeding. (for testing now EE for the time being) combined with redpower.

please note i know its E Excheat, but i wil only use it in the beginning phase.

i expect to have an running reactor within the day. stay tuned for big craters or big wins...
    and maybe, even an video!

take care now, bye bye

hehehehehe,

run 1 compressor for 12 hours... store all the ice.

run the reactor for 3. PROFIT!

no more then 50 eu is definetly posible. if you use advanced machines. but its verry tricky to do... (wil be an nice chalange :D)

ah wel, the thread of FenixR was good. i liked the concept.

but since this is an repost of his thread, i wont touch it.... u wont hear me talking about it. maybe somebody else has something to share...

i think its an good vallid idea, exept for one point.

i am quite against the joining of 2 mods, they should stay like it is now and dont draw any closer to eachother. the balance for each mod is an delicate thing. (not that this wil touch it) but who wil say that after this people wont start suggest the alloy induction furnace?

like the idea, but dont like 2 mods joining hands. sorry ;)

I have watched your videos, that seems like a lot more compact way to harvest ice.....is it more energy efficient though?

it is, if i remember correctly (video's are made back in 1.1 or 1.0) the coolant systems would eat 68 EU/Tick,

i just love the advanced machine's add ons, gues its time for me to build an industrial monster... goal: dont let the coolants eat more then 50 eu/tick
    now THAT wil be an chalange :P

wel...

since i already saw this specific thread once in the suggestions section, i on this agree with FenixR.
    Asshole knows - Asshole states facts.

DONT COPY PASTE UR THREADS.

wel, on the the subject.

no, i think making wireless energy wil definetly definetly OP most items that use electricity in IC2. (all items to be exact)
    scenario:

me : good day to grief!
    me : hooks up mining laser to 100mil of eu storage and proceeds to nearby town.
    player : what ya doing?
    me : FIRING MA LAZOR! (explosive mode) devastating the town to bedrock....

so no, i dont like it. OP in all sections.

hello folks,

i noticed a lot of people these days do not understand how the EU reader works. here is am small suggestion to simplify the use. (yes even simpler is posible)

2 modes,

one is the mode as it currently is.
    the second, is an mode that displays all the EU packages that flow throu the cable (not the sum of all currents together)

this would have the advantage of simply seeing what packages are running throu the cable, i know it feels useles. (to me as experienced folk in IC2) but it could prove to be handy when deciding what cable to use.

just an example. you use HV cable. u read 5000 eu flowing. but wait, its 5000 eu, but into how many packages and how large?
    to explain, if u want to replace the HV with glass fiber, you would like to see:
    (this is just an plain example whiped up out of the air! no reasonable values)

10 packages of 500 EU/Tick
    this way u can say, hey! i can use the glass fiber without melting it.

its just an random thought..

what do u guys think? it would not surprise me if this wil be an big "NO"
    just try to think from an noob kinda vieuw

glad to see CASUC is not that hard for some to make.

i usualy go for the advanced machines add-on (mechanical part) to make my ice.

consumes about 150 EU.tick off the reactor, works like an charm

dont think this wil add much but,

grinding weat = 2 flour.
    hydrating flour = 1 bucket of water serounded by 8 flour (similar to coal dust)
    cooking bread = in an furnace. 1 dough yields 1 bread.

cant put in any more simple.
    but 6 bread / weat? no.... that WAY to OP, make it 2 and im happy. not like i wil ever use it...

Another railcraft user here, I love the track options and the recipes end up giving you more track for your materials than vanilla. You can have proper track switching and signalling as well. The only thing I don't like is that three minute burn time to get your creosote. IC2's machines and upgrades have made me impatient. The wood/iron/stone posts are also really cool, and really let me get that whole "industrial hellhole" aesthetic going on. It works really well with IC2

wel, since an fellow inpatient person. do it as i always do. make multiple of one thing.

(my IC2 workshop has 10 machines which do the same to feed 10 furnaces. lets me proces 5 stacks at every time. (32 ore in macerator - 64 dusts etc)

i dont have experience with railcraft, but making multiple is always an good sollution for inpatient people

wel, i gave this some thought.

conclusion:
    combining machines is OP dont do it.

giving them more slots, seems like an good idea to me

adding variable EU ussage's and efficiency's also sounds good.

overall, good idea :)