Posts by Tankman

It appears to me that this reactor is doing two things that seem unique: decoupling hull heat from component heat, and (utilizing said decoupling) maintaining a constant hull temperature both when the reactor is operating and when the reactor is not in operation. A "heat neutral" reactor would be one that produces as much heat as it dissipates, resulting in constant hull temperature during operation only (a neutral breeder). This is technically a positive breeder, as it produces more heat than it dissipates. However, the heat gets sunk into the reactor components instead of the hull, maintaining the temperature (and keeping a high heat initial state from becoming "interesting").

Someone correct me if any of this horribly incorrect. As for what this type of breeder should be called, my vote is for something like "Stable Offline Heat, SOH"

So the components draw all the heat away from the hull?

Sorry im having trouble understanding :pinch:

Troll user is troll...

Anyway I got some things to say

1. Superconductors drop copper cable when destroyed

2. Moon dimension sounds epic. *imagines jumping around moon*

3. due to the recent advancments with block-built entities you should consider exploring the built fusion reactor. It would take alot of code and effort but the result would be epic. Superconductors could be set up in a way that they create a coil structure. This could also open the doorway to fusion reactors with a larger chambers for generating more EU. As such a massive reactor could generate (example) 500 EU a tick. Just a idea as ive seen mods such as railcraft with its coke oven (built from a crafted brick like things) and BTW with its kiln. Each structure would be built seperatly (heating building, plasma coils, etc). Not pushing just thinking that the resilt would look amazing from afar.

Got the mod to work cause Lasercraft (wasnt using it anyway) had a entity block conflict so I removed it.

This is a list of my designed reactors. Not the best but they work for me.
    Currently im planning on bulding the Mk II-5 EC

Mark V EA Breeder
    Running Time: 55 seconds unheated/32 seconds heated
    Cooling time: 70 Minutes unheated/3 minutes heated
    Power: 720 EU/t (144,000,000/cycle)
    Efficiency: 4.22 (Class A)
    Outside Cooling?: Yes (20 water blocks)
    Notes:
    Isotope cells can be removed augmenting the reactor to a Mark V EA that has the following edited specs,
    Running time: 1 minute
    Cooling Time: 80 minutes
    Heated level is 6,000 heat (141 buckets of lava).\
    Inner cooling cells can be replaced with isotope cells for more breeding of uranium. Please note that this decreases running time as well as cooling time and in some cases may become impossible to run.

Mark II - 5 EC
    Running Time: 5 cycles
    Cooling time: 22 Minutes
    Power: 120 EU/t (24,000,000/cycle)
    Efficiency: 2.00 (Class C)
    Outside Cooling?: Yes (20 water blocks)
    Notes:
    Placing a Ice Block in the empty slot will augment the reactor to a Mark II-E-SUC EC and change the following stats,
    Running time: 33 cycles
    Cooling Time: 4 minutes

Mark I - O ED
    A 6 chamber reactor with no excess heat buildup. Capable of running for a indefinent amount of time. Relies on outside cooling (water). Outputs 100 EU/t and has a efficiency of 1.67.

Mark I - O ED
    Same as above except it has no excess chambers (pure reactor) and only outputs 50 EU/t. Good for all those new to nuclear. Only requires 16 blocks of water to cool compared to the above 20.

Well I renamed it zRocketScience. Im not sure why but someone earlier in the topic said it would help with crafting guide issues.

I changed the 2 conflicting block ID's to 199 and 200 (which wernt taken)

So far thats it...

Edit: Didnt see the mod part.

List of mods...

Modified Technic for 1.0 (removed railcraft, updated thaumcraft, industrialcraft, and forge)
    Advanced machines for 1.43
    Power Converters
    Computer Craft