Posts by Kasssel

Hello Guys.

Just wanted to leave feedback.
    Whan I asked question I had huge lags with only 820 solar panels.
    Today I devided them for 32blocks, connected to small energy storage and this way build netowk.
    Thanks for this advise I have now 1472 panels, and no lags during sunset and sunrise. I have additional 11 nuclear reactors and there is very few lags sometimes.
    I have i5 Haswell 3.8 Ghz (constantly working on it's maximum turbo frequency). 24 Gb of Ram and 12 Gb allocated just for minecraft.
    Thanks guys 1.7.10 is still a thing. When I'll finish gathering resources I'll migrate to 1.9.4 (there is still insufficiend mods, I need buildcraft treecapitator, bibliocraft and few more).

Your advise definetely works.
    Thanks guys your are doing great job.

UPD.
    1472 solar panels, 7 working nuclear reactors, 5 wind rotots, other devices, this is closer to end of my cpu limit.
    Industrial core reached 85-90% of maximum load (perfmon /res) .

Can your remember name of that solar array mod please?
    If I'll create world again - I'll have to rebuild all facilities.
    It's more simple for me is to gather resourves first, than update my world.

I don't want to start from early begginig.
    Your advise with retrogen feature will fit's to me greatly.
    And ic2 devices? I'll rebuild them. No pro. Having more than 500 dimonds and 32000 iron e t c + retrogen.
    This will be my way. I've already started prepearing for this.

Thanks for advise. I'll rebuild everything by your advise.

Your gave me very valuable help by your advises. Thanks a lot.

Guys, your are doing great job =))

Aroma is partly wrong... If you have 900 Solarpanels no matter what you are doing it still has to process all these solar panels... Even during night they get processed (even if they have nothing to send they still check it)...

So the lag is simply created by a overflow in the energynet...
    And you can not doing anything against it with Vanilla IC2 simply because there is no real option (If you want to keep the solar panels).
    If you are playing with 1.7.10 i suggest you compact solar because you get no real advantage with compacting your solar panels its not really balanced eather but you have 512 Solar Panels in 1 Block (1 Process instead of 512 Processes)
    if that is not a option then remove solar panels and make your base more efficent or swtich to other Powersources so you can decrease them...

The problem is that it only occurs during sunrise and sunset. During night and during day everythink is ok.
    What can your say about later versions. Now I'm gathering resources for migration to 1.8.9. So soon I'll change my version.

Minecraft is very badly balanced. I see solutinon now, by playing with processes that uses my cpu cores.
    I guess (thanks my cmd> perfmon /res) that ic2 can use just one core. If minecraft could use all my 4 cores than would be able to use 2000 panels (I'm sure of it).

I'll try to play with processes and than adjust quantity of panels to 1000.
    I know about compact solars. I understand it, I'm system intergrator. But it's very unrealistic =)))
    In mounth I'll migrate to 1.8.9 (thanks to retrogen).

What about this issue on later ic2 versions. Any suggestion for migration?

Try to separate your solar panels into "smaller energy net parts" using a transformer or an energy storage block.
    Please tell me if that helped...

What do your mean about using a transformer? Please explain.
    I see solution by using teeny energy storage with 32 energy output for using tin wires. But I'm little confused as there are only 39 blocks without enegry loss. I have to develope schema with using this storages... I need to make drowing :huh: ...

For now I'm using 900 panel connected directly to 40 million storage...
    Your think that solution to devide panels for 32 per energy storage may partly solve my problem? Will it decrease Cpu load? Are your sure?

Than, I'll need arond 32 clusters of panels. The main problem is to devide them from each other.
    Ok. I'll try to do it after migration to 1.8.9 anyway I'll have to rebuild everything.

But please confirm that this solution sholud work. There are plenty of work ;) .

Also want to ask your, may we develop enother clue for this issue?
    And as suggestion for futher version of IC2 would be great to add this to IC config file, for cpu load reduce. I think that would be usefull. I mean option to turn off energy calculation during sunset and sunrise.

Thanks for a replying.
    I thing that my questions may be added to IC2 wiki :). I think this is common question.

Your are doing great job. Thanks :thumbup: :thumbup:

I recetly discussed IC2 migration from 1.7.10. So, I'm still at 1.7.10
    Thus I'm prepearing to migrate using your retrogen feature.
    Also buildcraft is installed (but I'm not using any feature or block from it), bibliocraft, tpeecapitator. And another 3-4 small mods.
    If your will request full list of mods, I'll open folder and type here every mode I use.

Generally I use block and features in my game from IC2 and bibliocraft (not buildcraft).
    Thats all.

One more thing.
    For my opinion, that lags is concerned only for ic2 electronic devices.
    I can move, open and close chests - everythink will be OK.
    But during sunrise and sunset there are huge delay in energy calculation.
    Example:
    I have crusher device, puted there 64 stones with the aim to recieve 64 sand.
    My crusher has 12 speed accelerators.

- First case. During day I'll recive 64 sand in 15 secods. As expected.
    - Second case (sunrise and sunset) 1 recive one sand in 3 second while sunset, than all 64 sands appears at once.
    Also during this lags I cannot smoothly move by using rail cart. Everything else chests villagers, tree cutting e t c is ok.

So generally, these lags are concerned especcially to IC2 devices.

I hope that my information will be usefull for your.
    Also I'm system integrator with 10 years expearence. So your may ask me to check something, or may be use any utility.
    I'll be gald to help your.

Hope It will helps.
    My best regards.

P.S.
    I'm sorry for my english. It's not my native language, but I'm working in international software support.

As described in IC2 abot solar panel:
    One panel geterates 1 energy per tick during minecraft day.
    But I've noticed that during sunrise and sunset one panel generates less than 1 energy. And total output of plan continiusly increasing / decreasing during sunrise and sunset.
    Thus I though, that energy calculation for every panel output during sunset / sunrise caused that lags.

Also I've notices, if my energy storages is full than there are no lags.
    Anyway thanks for answering.
    I'll have to find out what the problem.
    By the way, there are village near.... and that's all.
    My agriculture is very far from home (tryed to balance my cpu load while building my minecraft world).

I'll try to find whats the problem in other fomurs.

Your are doing great job.
    Minecraft without IC2 is absolutely no Joy for me. :)
    Thank your.

Thanks guys a lot.

Now I have a clue for migration between versions.
    I think, that having more than 500 diamonds 32000 ingots of Iron and other resourses, craft everything again will not be a problem.
    Thanks for your support.

Cheers.

P.S.
    I'll turn retrogen on, and will not turn off in than.
    Thanks for explaining.

My main power supply in IC2 is a huge solar panel plant (around 900 panels). I live in desert.
    But this quantity of panels caused inapropriate lags during sunrise and sunset in game.
    Every enother time it's ok, and game runs perfect.

So the question is:
    May I set somewhere in config file for solar panels, set that they will not generate enegry, during sunset and sunrise.
    If this available, I guess I'll use 2000 of them. My PC will do it =).

P.S.
    My PC is rather powerfull.
    Hashwell i5-4570 (forced to work in turbo mode constatnly) 3.8 Ghz. Without frequensy loss, and energy saving.
    24 Gb of Ram (8Gb assigned to minecraft).

P.P.S.
    I don't want to use mods like Advanced solar panels as it's not realistic for me.

So, the final question is:
    Is there any way to avoid PC lags during sunset and sunrise, when using huge solar power plants?

With it set to the following it should all work correctly.

You can leave it on too, it will only regenerate a chunk once.

So, I'll set

retrogenChecklimit = 16
    retrogenUpdatelimit = 2

And after all it will work as desired.
    So may I set this paramenets and don't change in the future in my world?
    If I leave them everything will be ok, right?

The last question is:
    When my world will generate IC2 Ores once again using retrogen, how it will works?
    IC2 Ores will be generated by replacing stone rocks or may be filling empty space?
    I''m trying to find out correct way for IC2 migration.

That's the final questin that will allow me to begin perepare for mifration from ic2 1.7.10 to 1.8.9

Thanks in advance.

P.S.
    Plaing minecraft without IC2 is absolutely no joy for me :))
    Thanks guys for your work.

Open the IC2 config file, turn on retrogen, startup your worls, enjoy.

Ok. Please help.
    Here is required paragraph in config file (1.8.9):

[worldgen]
    ; Enable generation of rubber trees in the world.
    rubberTree = true
    ; Enable generation of copper in the world.
    copperOre = true
    ; Enable generation of tin in the world.
    tinOre = true
    ; Enable generation of uranium in the world.
    uraniumOre = true
    ; Enable generation of Lead in the world.
    leadOre = true
    ; Factor scaling the IC2 ore generation quantity.
    oreDensityFactor = 1.0
    ; Factor scaling the IC2 tree generation quantity.
    treeDensityFactor = 1.0
    ; Maximum amount of chunks to check for retrogen viability each tick.

; Retrogen is the retroactive generation of terrain features, e.g. ores and trees.

; Set it to 0 to disable retrogen.

; When enabling this the recommended value is 16
    retrogenCheckLimit = 0
    ; Maximum amount of chunks to process for retrogen each tick.

; Values exceeding retrogenCheckLimit are being truncated.
    retrogenUpdateLimit = 2

I guess I have to set retrogenCkeckLimit = 16.
    RetrogenUpdateLimit = 2.

After enablenig retrogen Should I disable it after entering my world?
    What values are correct?
    What parameters I have to set?

Thanks in advance.
    Your are ding great job =))

The block and item names changed. it is not possible to retain any IC2 blocks from Minecraft 1.7.10 to anything later.
    However, in 1.8.9 and later versions of IC2, IC2 has retrogen, so you can generate the ores (and the rubber trees) into the world, even after the world is generated...

This is great news. As I'm newbie in 1.8.9 version. Can you give me the howto link about generating ores once again.
    That means that I'll be able to stay in my minecraft home.

Thanks in advance.

Ok than.

Can your answer fir the next question?
    As I don't want to begin new Game I just want to assign correct id to 4 Ic2 tems:
    All four ores id, and rubbrt tree seeds.

Does it possible?
    Importing save fron 1.7.10 ic2 ecperimental to 1.8.9 every time causes different id's for all things.
    Everything I want - not to lose my resourses and don't change my minecraft ic2 homeplace.
    So I just want yo correctly export 4 imets between versions.

Updateing a world from 1.7.10 to anything later with having IC2 installed is not possible.

Ok Than Can you tell me net thing.
    If my item disappeared Ok - I'll craft tham once again.

I want to just one thing it's to migrate the following items

correr ore #231
    Tin ore #232
    Uranium ore# 233
    lead ore 234
    seringa (geveyya ??) seeds 241
    Number it's item Id.

Thanks in advance.