Posts by MagusUnion

Better idea, requires: Zeldo's Tele-pipes and Energy Coupler

:Advanced Machine::Cable::LV-Transformer::Glass Fibre:

:Glass Fibre: = Power teleport Pipe

:Cable: = Cable

:Advanced Machine: = Miner

:LV-Transformer: = LV coupler

Mine from basically any location.. doesn't require you to have alternate energy sources on site, and is only 4-5 blocks to rotate around...

If that's still unacceptable, idk what to tell you then..

1- You fail at MC.
    2- Good ideas.
    3- Suggestion- make the diamond chest gui have the same amount of overhang on both sides of the inventory.

1. How the fuck do you 'fail' at a sandbox game? I mean, really?
    2. Also like, since it'll give me a reason to take iron chests in the beginning..
    3. Why?

But seriously, how do you fail at a sandbox game?

I think you need to take a step back from how you've been thinking up to this point and ask yourself: How do (semi)immobile machines contribute to gameplay?

It's not about gameplay.. it's about realism. In REAL industry, machines that are too large to practically be moved are assembled on-site, due to their volume and sheer complexity. The reactor itself may look like 7 blocks to you, but 3-by-3 meter^2 device that usually weights alot more in a plant's core than Minecraft is showing.

Industrialcraft (thankfully) goes for realism instead of immersion. It gives examples of real-life aspects that occur in the world of industry, and we as players have to tackle them in our simulated world. Because of this, we are given the same limitations that we would encounter if we were to, say, pursue a career in electrical engineering or energy management (to a degree. I still think Pollution should be a troublesome aspect of the game, lol). In which case, the mod itself becomes a teaching tool for those of us who do have interests in these types of careers, or are already involved in said careers anyway. This way we can relate more with the fictional 16 bit world that is Minecraft in a more relative form of immersion from what we experience beyond just 'gameplay mechanics' for fictional machine blocks...

Quite frankly, if this mod didn't have that sense of realism, I doubt so many people would play it.

I thought it was approx 0.01 eu/t per water?

Unmanned for 1 block, yes... at full saturation, which is 21 blocks on a tower, it becomes .21 EU for a Water mill.

For 8 Watermills at saturation, the EU reader should read 1.68 EU per tick going into my box... Sadly, it doesn't..

You probably had a transformer or MSFU in that system.

uh... no... :thumbdown:

All I had was 8 Water mills connected to a Batbox. No power emitting from Batbox either. Once I get back home, I'll upload pics. of what I'm talking about...

I'm betting it's a EU Reader bug, but that makes testing Watermill outputs difficult...

Using the EU reader, I've been getting some variably high amounts with Water Gen. output.: with values from -55 up to 287 or something to the like. Is this a bug with EU Reader, or with how Water Generators output EU with flowing water blocks?

O.O

... I'm going to have to work on this one... lol
    Awesome work! :thumbup:

Confirming this bug as well... crashing my bug test each time... :-/